Best coilover, springs, shocks combo???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 04:25 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2g tl struts

Originally Posted by jjashaa
^ we don't have much of a performance oriented coilover unlike you 3G guys with the H&R coils... lol
Quick question... My struts are bad on my 2g 2000 tl... My first acura... Ive had ut couple weeks... A friend recommended i get coilover struts because i told him i wanted to tighten up and snug it down a bit... Its daily driver dont want to slam or race it... Honestly i like to acell on corners... I dont have a high budget however i can step up to a cheap set of adjustable coilovers... My question is should i just stick with oem or go for a adjustable coilover... It haa stock rims now but i have a set of 18" rims in my garage im putting on... 2nd question... What size tires for 18" rims???
Old 10-29-2019, 10:27 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Blandy Sapienza
Quick question... My struts are bad on my 2g 2000 tl... My first acura... Ive had ut couple weeks... A friend recommended i get coilover struts because i told him i wanted to tighten up and snug it down a bit... Its daily driver dont want to slam or race it... Honestly i like to acell on corners... I dont have a high budget however i can step up to a cheap set of adjustable coilovers... My question is should i just stick with oem or go for a adjustable coilover... It haa stock rims now but i have a set of 18" rims in my garage im putting on... 2nd question... What size tires for 18" rims???
If I could do it all over again; I would keep the stock suspension setup, but replace the OEM struts with something better quality. OEM struts will be very expensive anyways... might as well upgrade to Bilstein or Koni.

I had Bilstein shocks on my TL with H&R Lowering springs. The shocks made the biggest difference in handling and driving feel. Just get struts and be done with it.
The following users liked this post:
whitetiger5 (11-01-2019)
Old 10-31-2019, 03:24 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Blandy Sapienza
I went with BC Racing coilovers and never looked back. Going strong for 3 years already. As for tire size, it depends on how wide the wheels are and what type of look you're trying to go for. I'm running 225/40/18 +45 ET on a moderate drop, wheels flush with fender. Tires are slightly stretched, but not too bad. I'd run with a meatier tire if this is gonna be your daily.