Attention TEIN SS-P OWNERS! Evening the ride height?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attention TEIN SS-P OWNERS! Evening the ride height?

Hey guys,
I have a quick question. I recently installed my suspension and I've meticulously measured the ride height numerous times. The front shocks are even but in the rear, there is an obvious error. The rear right passenger size is slightly higher than the rear left passenger side. I checked all four tire pressures to ensure that they were the same and I adjusted/remeasured the height at least 3 times already. And yes, this was all performed on level ground. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:22 AM
Racer

I have the same probelem with the passenger front and rear. It probably settled more on the left then the right side. I don't think there should be a problem with the ride. Measure the diff and adjust accordingly. Good Luck! I adjusted crazy times.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:04 AM
08 WDP TL-S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Omnislash07
Hey guys,
I have a quick question. I recently installed my suspension and I've meticulously measured the ride height numerous times. The front shocks are even but in the rear, there is an obvious error. The rear right passenger size is slightly higher than the rear left passenger side. I checked all four tire pressures to ensure that they were the same and I adjusted/remeasured the height at least 3 times already. And yes, this was all performed on level ground. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance!
hey
Omnislash07:
i think i m going with the Tein Basic or Tein SS??it there any problem?
Old 12-28-2004, 12:50 AM
:heart: Boosted Carz

I'm going w/ the Tein Basic Coilovers at the end of the month when i get paid!! =) I've heard good things about Teins.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:38 AM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by kRaZy_TL
I'm going w/ the Tein Basic Coilovers at the end of the month when i get paid!! =) I've heard good things about Teins.
yeah........i m going with the Tein Basic Coilovers at the end of the month too....
but why dun u choose Tein SS then?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Racer

hmmm sorry, i don't have teins...i got H&R springs but it seems like rear left is saggin lower than the right. maybe the left spring is shorter than the right one?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Advanced

It really comes down to how picky you are about the ride quality. With Tein SS you can adjust the dampening force up to 16 different levels (compression and rebound together). So you can choose how stiff the ride is. If you don't really care for ride stiffness, check the tein basics and see if they float your boat. Oh, look into pillowball mounts, it makes life easier. Good luck!
Old 12-30-2004, 02:34 AM
08 WDP TL-S

It really comes down to how picky you are about the ride quality. With Tein SS you can adjust the dampening force up to 16 different levels (compression and rebound together). So you can choose how stiff the ride is. If you don't really care for ride stiffness, check the tein basics and see if they float your boat. Oh, look into pillowball mounts, it makes life easier. Good luck!
Tein Basic has no pillowball mounts,right??....but Tein SS have it,right?
is there a big problem about to have pillowball mounts?
Old 12-30-2004, 02:36 AM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by BlueXTC
hmmm sorry, i don't have teins...i got H&R springs but it seems like rear left is saggin lower than the right. maybe the left spring is shorter than the right one?
i heard from pplz said H&R is not that good.....so ur left spring is shorter than the right one maybe its truth!....
Old 01-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Advanced

Pillowball mounts are optional for the SS.

For the basics, the tein website says they are optional for certain applications. In other words, I'm not sure if you can get them for basics or not.

Cheers,
-DT
Old 01-04-2005, 08:42 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Pillowball mounts are optional for the SS.

For the basics, the tein website says they are optional for certain applications. In other words, I'm not sure if you can get them for basics or not.

Cheers,
-DT
hey....finally i made up my mind,i go for the Tein Basic
Old 01-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 99TLHeather
I have the same probelem with the passenger front and rear. It probably settled more on the left then the right side. I don't think there should be a problem with the ride. Measure the diff and adjust accordingly. Good Luck! I adjusted crazy times.
I had the exact same thing happen to me when I first had installed my Ground Control. The only thing that you can do to insure proper heights on all four corners is make sure your thread count in the front and the rear are the same. Meaning that you may like the front at 3 threads and the back at 5 threads. The springs and shocks will settle in evening out the whole setup.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by PDX3.2TL
I had the exact same thing happen to me when I first had installed my Ground Control. The only thing that you can do to insure proper heights on all four corners is make sure your thread count in the front and the rear are the same. Meaning that you may like the front at 3 threads and the back at 5 threads. The springs and shocks will settle in evening out the whole setup.
I actually used a carpenters ruler to measure and it still was still uneven. I'll adjust it again when the warm weather comes around.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Best in da Burgh

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

same with mine. i've had them on for about 6 months now and they've evened out pretty well. there is only about a 32nd of an inch difference, so not that big a deal.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Banned

if one size is lower than the other, raise that side up these are coilovers, remember?z
Old 01-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Banned

could it be cause of the gas tank?

if so, try to get the tank halfway full... that way if it's close to empty... the ride will only be slightly higher and if its completely full, it'll be slightly lower than the other sides.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Advanced

The car is starting to even out after several "spirited" drives. I guess the suspension is still in its break in period. Thanks for the replies!
Old 02-28-2005, 01:23 PM
1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by car_lost
could it be cause of the gas tank?

if so, try to get the tank halfway full... that way if it's close to empty... the ride will only be slightly higher and if its completely full, it'll be slightly lower than the other sides.
Could this be the problem why my front driver side is sitting lower than my front passenger side? It`s uneven and it`s bugging me.