Alignment or camber kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alignment or camber kit?

I dropped my type s not too ago with H&R sports/Tokico Illuminas. Do I just need an alignment or is a camber kit required also? Also, how much does it usually cost to get the alignment done?
Old 03-11-2005, 02:50 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I understand considering that i have the exact same setup, all you need is the rear camber kit and a four wheel alignment. That should do the trick. BTW there have been quite a few threads on this same subject. Don't know what a search would turn up but worth a shot? Just got another alignment done because I went from the Ground Controls to the H&R's but they guys told me that I didn't need it because I didn't change the height of the car all that much...
Old 03-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Intermediate

in the bay area the 4 wheel alignment is ~$90.. You will only need the camber kit for the rears if the rear alignment is still out due to the dropping of the car. The end result is that the rear tires will wear on the inside faster then the outside. I put in the CT springs in 2002 and to this day I never had issues with un even wear in the tires. I just added the koni yellows and the CT sways and only did the 4 wheel alignment and BTW, it handles 100% better than stock. Anyway, if I start seeing big time un even wear, and its costing me $$$ in replacments tires, I will look into the camber kit at that time.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

I just got mine alignment done on saturday and heres the report....
Everything got adjusted accept the rear camber which is at -1.4 left rear and -1.8 right rear. Do you guys think its worth it for me to get the rear camber kit? I can get a set of SPC rear camber kit for $150 shipped on ebay. Plus labor and alignment recheck I'm sure it'll run me about $300 altogether. I'm sure when my tires wear out I can easily get another set of tires for that amount. My friend told me its not worth doing it. What do you guys think?
Old 03-14-2005, 04:07 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 98tlracer
Everything got adjusted accept the rear camber which is at -1.4 left rear and -1.8 right rear. Do you guys think its worth it for me to get the rear camber kit? I can get a set of SPC rear camber kit for $150 shipped on ebay. Plus labor and alignment recheck I'm sure it'll run me about $300 altogether. I'm sure when my tires wear out I can easily get another set of tires for that amount. My friend told me its not worth doing it. What do you guys think?
i have a feelin my rears are out of spec as well, i have the same setup as you do. I did not get a camber kit yet because i figured might as well let these tires wear out and then buy rims. If you do plan on gettin rims the definately go w/the camber kit because the tires for new and bigger rims will be more than the price of the camber kit, and wil l definately last longer, just my 2 cents.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:11 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Originally Posted by 98tlracer
Same question to me....i did my alignment last month.....and my report is....
the rear camber -2.6 left rear & -2.5 right rear......

I know that if i get camber kit n alignment again its cost me more than $300Can....

and now my rear camber on both side is angle....haha....but i don't think i will get the camber kit of mine....becuz its not worth.......i rather the tires run out faster and i will get the new set of tires or even rims too.....its more worth....
Old 03-14-2005, 08:00 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bread-A Spec
Same question to me....i did my alignment last month.....and my report is....
the rear camber -2.6 left rear & -2.5 right rear......

I know that if i get camber kit n alignment again its cost me more than $300Can....

and now my rear camber on both side is angle....haha....but i don't think i will get the camber kit of mine....becuz its not worth.......i rather the tires run out faster and i will get the new set of tires or even rims too.....its more worth....

wow! thats way out of spec!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Racer

Your better off getting the camber kit. Your tires are going to wear uneven and probably give you a bit of a vibration due to uneven wear. Tires are pretty expensive. -2.6 & -2.5 is pretty extreme. The total for alignment, camber kit and install is approx. $260. When you get new tires I hope your going to get the camber kit! Tires are pretty expensive unless you get some BS tires. IMO
Old 03-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Missing my Acura's

Hey guys I have been dropped 3 inches for over 8 month's on the same tire's with no wear issues. All I did was get a custom alignment at a local shop cost me 55$ and there are no uneven wear problems at all!!!!!!!!!