Whats acurazine a lii smoke (video)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats acurazine a lii smoke (video)

WHATS UP PEOPLE, I WAS WARMING UP THE CAR TODAY AND OPENED MY HOOD. SAW A LITTLE SMOKE COMING FROM THE FRONT OF THE ENGINE. I WAS JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE EVER EXPERIENCE THIS. HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT. IM PLANNING ON DOING ALL THE MECHANICAL WORK WITH THIS CAR, MY 1ST TL. AND IM NEW AT THIS. JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE ADVICE. WHEN I BOUGHT THIS CAR A MONTH AGO, THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD JUST CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION. COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE LEFT OVER OIL FROM THE LAST JOB ON THE CAR? SO PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I AM NEW AT THIS AND IM NOT TO FAMILIAR WITH ALL THE MECHANICAL TERMS AND WHAT NOT. HERE IS A PICTURE AND A SMALL VIDEO OF THE CAR THAT I AM PLANNING ON CUSTOMIZING MYSELF. THANKS FOR LOOKING!

...THE SMOKE IS COMING OUT FROM THE SILVER RUST CAP (NOT TO SURE WHAT ITS CALLED)

IPHONE VIDEO..
Old 03-16-2012, 01:25 AM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
First please LOW on CAPS!

Now hahaha loved that you actually edited and put some music into the video Nice Touch!

At first glance it looks (Well Maybe bc there´s No Smoke In the Video) that you have a Header Gasket Leak. But since I dont see no Smoke, It can come from the flange that connects into the J-Pipe.
I see alot of Rust maybe it eated through the Pipe cant Tell unless you actually take the Heat Shield off.

See those 2 Bolts (Maybe 10mm) just unbolt them and the Shield must come off, See if you can pinpoint a Black Trail thats where the smoke is leaking.

Cant do Much more About it Hope that Helps!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 556 Likes on 446 Posts
I was half expecting you to talk in all caps throughout the video... Oh well

I don't see any smoke, but it seems your talking about the front exhaust manifold.

Get some Headers:
-Fix the exhaust leak
-Get 20hp while you're at it

If you're going to mod your car, the best upgrade is the headers.

Before you consider anything though, I would remove the cover and inspect the engine. That front cover comes off really easily.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
probably nothing more than some moisture or condensation on the exhaust manifold heat shield.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the love ppl!

Lol..about the CAPS...thanks for the info and yea I do video and photoshops most off dogs and ppl looking to get in to the car world to do hot video and photoshots. Going to open it up tomorrow and see
Originally Posted by Skirmich
First please LOW on CAPS!

Now hahaha loved that you actually edited and put some music into the video Nice Touch!

At first glance it looks (Well Maybe bc there´s No Smoke In the Video) that you have a Header Gasket Leak. But since I dont see no Smoke, It can come from the flange that connects into the J-Pipe.
I see alot of Rust maybe it eated through the Pipe cant Tell unless you actually take the Heat Shield off.

See those 2 Bolts (Maybe 10mm) just unbolt them and the Shield must come off, See if you can pinpoint a Black Trail thats where the smoke is leaking.

Cant do Much more About it Hope that Helps!
Lol about talking me caps..thanks a lot for the info. going to replace all the parts in the car trying to get it show ready by puting some parts at a time that will be next +more engine parts
Originally Posted by Karanx7
I was half expecting you to talk in all caps throughout the video... Oh well

I don't see any smoke, but it seems your talking about the front exhaust manifold.

Get some Headers:
-Fix the exhaust leak
-Get 20hp while you're at it

If you're going to mod your car, the best upgrade is the headers.

Before you consider anything though, I would remove the cover and inspect the engine. That front cover comes off really easily.
I hope ..but I'm thinking like you tooo
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
probably nothing more than some moisture or condensation on the exhaust manifold heat shield.

Last edited by The Bully Tunnel; 03-16-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Intermediate

ttt
Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Why would you ttt the thread?

Do you have any more info? Has it smoked more since you posted? Any other issues? We gave you our ideas already Instead of ttt, you should have posted back any new info
Old 03-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Intermediate

Yes I was try to put the info with the ttt it's was what you sad thanks a lot big dog