Stock Radio Er-Er1 message

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Your NEW TL enthusiast...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Radio Er-Er1 message

This is the second radio that has gave me this error message. When ever I get into and turn the CD player on, it'll say error and go right to the FM radio. When I try to load or eject a CD it gives me that same error message.

Am I SOL or is their a FIX for this problem? (I'm leaning towards a replacement anyhow but I cant stand not having a CD player meanwhile)

Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Cruisin'

Mine will do that with some of my burned CDs. I just smake the console on the passengers side and that seems to fix it. Its all I can do until I can afford a aftermaket head unit.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

really, the single disc player is messed up when playin burnt cds, the 6 disc cd player works fine...invest in one of those...
Old 01-03-2007, 04:03 PM

Majority of my cd's are burnt but some of the originals also eff up, so I do know it is the player. I also smack mine on the passengers side and it clicks in sometimes. Its been doing it more often then ever, I get in the car and the CD player goes strait to radio.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Instructor

I have the 6 disc player and it just happened to me this morning. When playing a CD in slot 2 (the only CD), I pressed CD 1 by mistake and that error came up and it wouldn't go away.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
You can get that error when a cd jams in the changer while it is internally changing from one disc to another. If the cd player door is open, and you can see the cd stuck in there, take another cd, and push that one on the edge. That can help dislodge it.

If you can see any disc, and the flap is closed, I cant really help; sorry. Mine did this intermittently, sometimes it would jam, and then just fix itself, so keep trying. I took mine to the dealer, told them about the error message, and they replaced it under warranty.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
You can get that error when a cd jams in the changer while it is internally changing from one disc to another. If the cd player door is open, and you can see the cd stuck in there, take another cd, and push that one on the edge. That can help dislodge it.

If you can see any disc, and the flap is closed, I cant really help; sorry. Mine did this intermittently, sometimes it would jam, and then just fix itself, so keep trying. I took mine to the dealer, told them about the error message, and they replaced it under warranty.

I've came to the conclusion that our CD player is WACK!! It happened to me AGAIN on my way to work. I didnt have time to smack it so I waited untill I boiled up some steam. After work I got in and smacke the sh** out of it on the the passenger side and sure enough it started working.

Do you think our cars like to be smacked around? lol

I really want my DDX...
Old 01-04-2007, 05:54 AM
05 Acura TL: a-spec

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
do you have an ipod?

if so, I would suggest a blitzsafe or usaspec adapter. I have had my 02tl-s for about 5-6 months now, 2 months owning it, the cd player started giving me that frustrating ER-E1 message.

I bought the usaspec adapter, and plugged the ipod in. I love the sound quality, and not having that F***ING ER-E1 message pop up every day!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Instructor

Since it's possible to keep the steering wheel controls and the OEM sub working with an aftermarket head unit, I'll be installing a Pioneer unit really soon.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by imagerockone
Since it's possible to keep the steering wheel controls and the OEM sub working with an aftermarket head unit, I'll be installing a Pioneer unit really soon.

You can actually if its a screen or a high end deck. I heard that their is a way to hook up OEM controls to your aftermarket deck. It shouldnt be too hard to do. It probably sucks more to make a cusom dash kit if you're getting a double din. If you got the navi, you gotta make the whole dash touchscreen!

Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can this be fixed or replaced under warranty. I also have the same issue and I am not using burnt CD. I was thinking of bringing to the dealer and replace it under my extended warranty,

Please advice.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by drcookie
Can this be fixed or replaced under warranty. I also have the same issue and I am not using burnt CD. I was thinking of bringing to the dealer and replace it under my extended warranty,

Please advice.

I also have the extended warranty upto 100K but with a $100 deductible and I dont know if it covers electronics. I have a feeling its drivetrain only or somethin like that.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM
B93P TL Owner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had this same Er-Er1 issue. I ended up removing the stereo to take off the upper cover. Once the inside was exposed I saw that the magazine cartridges were misaligned/off track (all six of them). I fixed the problem in under 30 minutes, six months later it appears to still be fine.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mdavisii
I had this same Er-Er1 issue. I ended up removing the stereo to take off the upper cover. Once the inside was exposed I saw that the magazine cartridges were misaligned/off track (all six of them). I fixed the problem in under 30 minutes, six months later it appears to still be fine.

I think this is leading to something...

So you're saying the 6 disk catridge is milalligned and this is the reason its causing the error?

Is their any possible way you can make a DIY on this. I thnk the forums would really appreciate this besides myself
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
B93P TL Owner

Originally Posted by samtls2003
I think this is leading to something...

So you're saying the 6 disk catridge is milalligned and this is the reason its causing the error?

Is their any possible way you can make a DIY on this. I thnk the forums would really appreciate this besides myself
Yeah, there are six stacked cartridges inside the headunit that look almost identical to that of the magazine cartridges that go into CD changers. I cannot exactly recall the setup, but I believe there are like four small guide pins (one at each corner) that these cartridges align themselves with. All it takes is for one to get off track, it is like a domino effect because everything else gets jammed in the path. All you are doing when you hit the unit is temporarily reseating the cartridge to the point where the mechanics work, allowing you to insert/eject CD. I went through the same scenario you are dealing with for a bit, then I finally decided to pull out the stereo to see what was up. I saw a couple of the cartridges kinda cocked a bit, so I removed all of them and realigned them. Knock on wood, haven't had any issues to date.

I would not mind doing a DIY, only I do not exactly recall the specific steps behind fixing the issue. It is one of those things where you either understand the setup, or you don't. I didn't know anything until I unscrewed the top to look inside. It was not at all working when I took it apart, so I figured I had nothing to lose by attempting to fix it.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
B93P TL Owner

Originally Posted by CaliChris517
do you have an ipod?

if so, I would suggest a blitzsafe or usaspec adapter. I have had my 02tl-s for about 5-6 months now, 2 months owning it, the cd player started giving me that frustrating ER-E1 message.

I bought the usaspec adapter, and plugged the ipod in. I love the sound quality, and not having that F***ING ER-E1 message pop up every day!
I'm waiting for my Blitzsafe as we speak (it's on backorder), then it's bye-bye to my CD changer in the trunk and in the headunit!!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:17 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mdavisii
Yeah, there are six stacked cartridges inside the headunit that look almost identical to that of the magazine cartridges that go into CD changers. I cannot exactly recall the setup, but I believe there are like four small guide pins (one at each corner) that these cartridges align themselves with. All it takes is for one to get off track, it is like a domino effect because everything else gets jammed in the path. All you are doing when you hit the unit is temporarily reseating the cartridge to the point where the mechanics work, allowing you to insert/eject CD. I went through the same scenario you are dealing with for a bit, then I finally decided to pull out the stereo to see what was up. I saw a couple of the cartridges kinda cocked a bit, so I removed all of them and realigned them. Knock on wood, haven't had any issues to date.

I would not mind doing a DIY, only I do not exactly recall the specific steps behind fixing the issue. It is one of those things where you either understand the setup, or you don't. I didn't know anything until I unscrewed the top to look inside. It was not at all working when I took it apart, so I figured I had nothing to lose by attempting to fix it.
How do you get the radio out of the dash? I think I can figure out what you are talking about when I get it out. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Banned

no way!
this shit just happened to me today!

i was on my way home from work thinking on how i should word a thread i was going to start. about this prob.

and shit lookie here every1 has this same prob.

i'm starting to think TL's are a piece of shit!
no offense but its prob one of the reasons why i got this car for so cheap!

time to start looking for fx45's or subies!
Old 12-04-2008, 01:13 AM
9th Gear

Thanks to everyone contributing here. I've had this error a couple of times, but it eventually would eject the CD after a few tries. Well, it finally stayed stuck for a week! Frack! So, I gave it a few hard smacks on the passenger side, but no dice. Frack! What the heck, I gave it a couple smack on the driver side, and voila! All my store bought CD's were able to be ejected!
LOL! What a low tech fix!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:34 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
hmmm another er-er1, dont listen to the dealer and get it "fixed" for 300 bucks.

get an after market - this is a dyi on how to get the sub to work and all that good stuff with the after market.

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/keeping-factory-sub-when-adding-aftermarket-headunit-99-03-tl-326253/

there are some important pics in hear - read the whole thread. if u still get hung up there are a lot of threads out there.

its real easy to get an aftermarket to work once you know what to do. i put one in. the Bose cd changer you have now is trash and always will be trash. get an after market. you will never get that error away once u get it. if you hit the dash and bang on it the cd's might get lose and come out if you cant get them to eject. this error comes up if you hit a bump in the car and it knocks an arm lose and the cd pops out of its place when you try to change cd's or eject them. dont try to fix the Bose its not worth it. for a 100 bucks just get an aftermarket. hope you can get ur tunes back.