Power outage!! Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Smoke something...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power outage!! Please help!!

I have a 2003 TL (non Type-S)... and I have a problem that I need some help with. The other day, I got in my car and realized that my interior dome light didnt go on when I opened the door. I figured the bulb burnt out and I'd replace it the next morning. Well, I tried changing the bulb and that wasnt the problem. Later that day, I noticed that my "seat position memory", and my passenger side seat heater also didn't work. I checked my fuses, and they all seem to be good. Has anybody had this problem/heard of it? The last thing I wanna do is take it to the dealer because I know I'll get charged an arm and a leg. Please help!!

-Mad Hatter-
Old 12-26-2006, 08:45 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you checked every single fuse and not just the obvious ones?

Does the memory not recall the seats or does it not allow you to store them anymore either?

Does the map light come on?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Smoke something...

The lights on the seat memory arent even lit. When I push the buttons nothing happens. The map lights work... and I checked every fuse on that panel. According to my owners manual, the only fuses that have anything to do with my heated seats/interior lights are on the drivers side kick panel... Should I check the other panels too?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Race Director

Honestly it could be a concidence. Maybe your memory seat isnt programed right? Also maybe it wont move since its already in the right position? Also a lot of people have problems with there seat elements going out it seems to be common. Now I would assume that if the passanger heater seat didnt work because of a fuse that the drivers side wouldnt work either. Also I would think the memory seat would be on the same fuse as the power seats. So maybe just 3 seperate problems?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Smoke something...

the memory seat thing isnt even lit up anymore like it used to be. i dont know if the seat heaters both work off the same fuse, or if they use individual ones... looks like im gonna have to take it to the dealer
Old 12-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by MadHatter
the memory seat thing isnt even lit up anymore like it used to be. i dont know if the seat heaters both work off the same fuse, or if they use individual ones... looks like im gonna have to take it to the dealer
Well how many miles are on it maybe it will be under warranty?
Old 12-27-2006, 03:34 AM
03' NBP TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that is weird. if it's covered under warrenty just take it to the dealership.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:40 AM
New ride...Acura MDX 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=MadHatter]The lights on the seat memory arent even lit. When I push the buttons nothing happens. The map lights work... and I checked every fuse on that panel. According to my owners manual, the only fuses that have anything to do with my heated seats/interior lights are on the drivers side kick panel... Should I check the other panels too?[/QUOTE]

yes you should, however in my owners manual (page 300)all the fuses for the heated seats and map lights are in the passenger side fuse panel, btw what year is your TL?
Old 12-27-2006, 09:22 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The lights on the seat memory arent even lit. When I push the buttons nothing happens. The map lights work... and I checked every fuse on that panel. According to my owners manual, the only fuses that have anything to do with my heated seats/interior lights are on the drivers side kick panel... Should I check the other panels too?
sometimes when you d/c the battery, the memory seats need to be reprogrammed (1) adjust seats, 2) hit red button, 3) hit 1 or 2 memory position).

I would check to see if you could reprogram it first

[QUOTE=mezzerTL-S]
The lights on the seat memory arent even lit. When I push the buttons nothing happens. The map lights work... and I checked every fuse on that panel. According to my owners manual, the only fuses that have anything to do with my heated seats/interior lights are on the drivers side kick panel... Should I check the other panels too?[/QUOTE]

yes you should, however in my owners manual (page 300)all the fuses for the heated seats and map lights are in the passenger side fuse panel, btw what year is your TL?
^ check passenger side first.

good luck
Old 12-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Smoke something...

Originally Posted by mezzerTL-S
btw what year is your TL?
i have an '03'.

I have the day off of work tomorrow, so i'll be able to dedicate more time into looking around and seeing if its anything obvious... if i cant figure out what it is, im gonna have to take it to the dealer. i'll keep you guys posted as to what happens.

- Mad Hatter -
Old 01-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure that your outside mirror adjustment 's button is in the middle position ...........