New Aftermarket Radio, Sub Wont Work...Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:31 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Aftermarket Radio, Sub Wont Work...Need Advice

Im pretty sure its possible just dont know how to go about doing it! I just got a new Pioneer 6800MP Head unit installed, however my factory sub isnt working any more. I dont want to put any subs in the back, because the factory sub is all the power i need. Does anyone know how i can make my Sub work with the new head unit?...
Old 04-18-2006, 06:01 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nycfinest247
Im pretty sure its possible just dont know how to go about doing it! I just got a new Pioneer 6800MP Head unit installed, however my factory sub isnt working any more. I dont want to put any subs in the back, because the factory sub is all the power i need. Does anyone know how i can make my Sub work with the new head unit?...
yeah this is the downside of going to an aftermarket deck, but the upside is that the stock sub sucks anyway.

but if you insist on keeping the factory sub then you will need to use the sub-outs of the pioneer and route the signal back to the sub input in your trunk. this has been hashed out in great detail (i believe with pics) in previous threads. i would just do a search in the a/v section. it should have more answers than i can type for you here.

SSTS
Old 04-18-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm stock and hating it.

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea.. I had to buy an extra amp. But I tell you it still sucks. Your probrably getting some more subs and amp. Thats what I had to do to get the sound I wanted. Not a lot of boom but better than stock.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by lokee99
Yea.. I had to buy an extra amp. But I tell you it still sucks. Your probrably getting some more subs and amp. Thats what I had to do to get the sound I wanted. Not a lot of boom but better than stock.
If your looking for the sound of a sealed 12 yes you will have to upgrade to a different amp and sub. If your looking for a little more kick, adding a different amp to the stock sub does help. There is only so much a shallow mount 9" free air sub can do.....
Old 04-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nycfinest247
I'm like you didnt need the bang of a 12 inch the vtec is way more fun to hear so with new head unit i put a clarion srv 303 self powerded sub snugly fit under the passenger seat with a set of 4 Hertz component speakers sound is great !