Navigation screen software problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation screen software problem

I have a 2004 TL with factory navi. I've never had a problem with it until this cold winter. One day it was about 10 degrees and I started my car and the nav screen said please wait now downloading software, then it went to a screen that read please do not turn off engine. After that you see the screen still has a backlight but the nav screen wont come on and also the radio screen.

On warmer days it would come on with the welcome screen and start right up. Now that its warmer it still does this. Sometimes I get lucky and the nav comes on, but most of the time it says downloading new software. And on rare occasions it has the welcome screen and stays on that screen forever.

I did a search and some similar problems said the connection is bad and it actually has to be sent out, but mine still works every now and then and a lot of times if I catch it quick I hold down menu, cancel and the other button next to it at the same time and it resets and works, but not always.

Has anyone experienced this and what can be done? Also, how do you even get to the nav as its fully covered in the carpet? How do I get back there without ripping things to check the connection or if need be to remove it. All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
you need to repost this in Gen3,,,this is gen2 diffferent screen--

but it sounds like you are losing signal or memory --had the battery tested recently?

when it ask you to wait -its supposed to be gathering sat info so it knows its location
But that should be active when parked, recall last known, so it always knows at startup