Navi and Radio codes the same?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:39 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi and Radio codes the same?

I have my navi code and it works fine but I input it into the radio with no luck.
I pulled the radio and found a little white sticker in the trunk with a 5 digit number on it. this is the number that worked for my navi unit. The car was originally bought in Westminster and I will call the service department Monday morning. Just trying to make sure I exhaust all other possiblities. I also tried the antenna pull out and the rub positive and negative terminals on battery and pulling the radio fuse nothing seems to be working. Oh its a 2003 tl/s anthracite in color. So far i really am enjoying the car and all the cool diy guides on the forumns. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The navigation and radio security codes are different. One is a four digit number and the other has five digits.

The dealer should be able to give you the code.

Good luck!

Bob

Originally Posted by Bulatti
I have my navi code and it works fine but I input it into the radio with no luck.
I pulled the radio and found a little white sticker in the trunk with a 5 digit number on it. this is the number that worked for my navi unit. The car was originally bought in Westminster and I will call the service department Monday morning. Just trying to make sure I exhaust all other possiblities. I also tried the antenna pull out and the rub positive and negative terminals on battery and pulling the radio fuse nothing seems to be working. Oh its a 2003 tl/s anthracite in color. So far i really am enjoying the car and all the cool diy guides on the forumns. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:12 AM
5th Gear

I found both tags in the trunk a 4 digit one and a 5 digit one. Heres the funny part when the navi asked for the code I put the 5 digit radio code in and it accepted the code and works fine. But now I cant get the navi to reset to input the correct 4 digit code. I tried unplugging the batter terminals and the navi keeps working and doesnt ask for a code hehe. This is stupid. I guess its time to look for a new deck I took the time to tear my dash apart anyhow.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:27 PM
5th Gear

Update, since the closest acura service center is 423 miles from where I live I called the original dealership that sold the car (Acura of westchester) There service department wanted me to drive the car in so they could charge me a service charge. That is a 1950 mile trip one way. So i told the service department I had the radio out and could give them anny number they wanted off of the chassis. He asked for the serial number which I gave him, and he gave me a radio code that didnt work. I then decided to give my local Honda dealer a chance, These guys have always been helpful when it comes to motorccycles, they have always serviced my bikes over the years. I gave them all the info they asked for and he gave me the radio code in like 2 minutes. I also asked him if there local Honda service department would put aftermarket parts on my Acura and anything else that I would need service wise. He said they would but the only draw back is they cant do warrenty work because they aren't an Acura licensed dealer service center. These guys will get all my business from here on out.
Sorry about the long post, just wanted to let peeps in the sticks know there are other options check your local Honda dealer they might be good folks!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

FYI - radio code for 2002 TL-S

Apparently Acura likes to keep us owners guessing... The radio code for my TL-S was located on the left, outer side of the glove box (closest to the radio or middle console). Small white piece of paper with 5 digits (no zeros obviously). The radio serial number was there too.