Gauge Cluster Died

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008 | 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

Gauge Cluster Died

03 TL. Other day when I was comming home from work, my entire instrument panel just died. Everything else electrical in the car still worked and the car still drove normally. Got home and checked the fuses, sure enough the instrument panel fuse was blown. Today went out and got a new fuse, put it in the parkinglot and the gauges were back to normal but the airbag light was on. Got halfway home (5 minutes driving) and hit a bump and the gauges all died again. Checked the fuses at home again, instrument panel fuse was gone, put a new one in, didn't work this time and immediately blew. Oh and my windows no longer work and neither does the sunroof. Car just hit 60k so I was already taking it in for maitenence. Anyone know whats wrong?
Old 07-16-2008 | 08:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Saberex
03 TL. Other day when I was comming home from work, my entire instrument panel just died. Everything else electrical in the car still worked and the car still drove normally. Got home and checked the fuses, sure enough the instrument panel fuse was blown. Today went out and got a new fuse, put it in the parkinglot and the gauges were back to normal but the airbag light was on. Got halfway home (5 minutes driving) and hit a bump and the gauges all died again. Checked the fuses at home again, instrument panel fuse was gone, put a new one in, didn't work this time and immediately blew. Oh and my windows no longer work and neither does the sunroof. Car just hit 60k so I was already taking it in for maitenence. Anyone know whats wrong?
Have you installed anything in your car lately, say like a aftermarket stereo? Sounds like there is pinched wire that shorts out when it is jarred, like over a bump.
Old 07-16-2008 | 09:54 AM
Senior Moderator

^ there is something loose or shorting out somewhere.
Old 07-16-2008 | 12:09 PM
2nd Gear

So this morning I went out and jiggled all the wires and put a new fuse in. Dash came right up. However the Engine malfunction and SRS lights are on. I think the engine malfunction may be because I didnt notice that my gas cap wasnt tightened until yesterday. But it could be something else. Thanks for the help thus far.