Dome Light Dimming Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Go Brewers!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Dome Light Dimming Problem...

Hello again...

I have a bit of a problem. My dome light isn't dimming off after I lock my doors. I currently have removed the fuse for the light so it doesn’t drain the battery.
A little background: I have installed LEDs under the door handles and haven’t had any problems with it for the past two months... Later this evening I noticed that the LEDs were still on and the dome light was on. I went to investigate... I am able to turn the dome light off with the switch, but this obviously doesn't turn off the LEDs... Anyone ever have this happen before or have any idea what is causing this?

I am going to stop at the dealer tomorrow, but if I am able to save myself a trip and do it myself; even better!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:29 AM
SOLD: 03 SSM CLS Auto

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
You sure all your doors and trunk are closed? Does the car beep after you press the lock button on the key fob twice?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Go Brewers!

It does. I checked all the doors and trunk and hood...

It beeps and arms the alarm, but the dome stays on.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Go Brewers!

Well, I got back from the dealer and was informed that the only thing the dome light is hookeed up to are the door switches... He went through all the same steps that I went through such as checking all the doors, trunk, hood, switched the dome light switch back and fourth... He was as stumped as I was.

He insisted that the cause of the problem was in the LEDs I installed under the door handles. (which I've had no problems with for the past two months) I'm out of ideas, so I am going to take the wires off and see if the problem is resolved.

If anyone with the door LEDs is having the same issue or has a resolution, please help! Thanks in advance!!

I used this DIY: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154298
Old 05-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Go Brewers!

Well, here's the thing... This must be how it always works...

I started tinkering and taking specific wires off and seeing if the problem is resolved... I narrowed it down to something on the passenger side fuse box...
I disconnected it from the dome all together and it still stayed on, thus ruling out the dome light as the problem. It must have been the power from the interior door light. I take everything apart and unhook the LEDs from the power sources and it still isn't working.
At this point I'm confused and mad because it should be working... I take off the door button sensor on the pass side just to check and find that there is only one wire; concerned, I check the driver side to find the same thing. So that isn't the problem. I put the sensors back on and sit and think, run through all the wires and make sure the power sources are correct.
I check everything one more time and it's all how it should be, so I check the lights again and voila! It suddenly works!! Not sure what I did or howe I did it, but It worked.
I plugged everything in one at a time to make sure nothing caused it to go out.

Now I'm put back together and working just fine! Not sure what I did, but it worked...