Anyone install organic front pads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone install organic front pads?

Due to the bothersome front brake pedal pulsations I encounter on long trips on a hot summer day, I have yet to try a friend's recommendation of installing organic pads on the front as opposed to ceramic and semi metallic ones.
Anyone install them and care to share some info?
Thank you, for the kind reply.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 555 Likes on 445 Posts
Pulsations might be caused by rotors too. I wouldn't recommend organic pads though, unless you don't care about brake performance. If cost and noise is your only concern, then organic pads from Autozone would be fine.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by junteschan
Due to the bothersome front brake pedal pulsations I encounter on long trips on a hot summer day, I have yet to try a friend's recommendation of installing organic pads on the front as opposed to ceramic and semi metallic ones.
Anyone install them and care to share some info?
Thank you, for the kind reply.
Your problem isnt the pads, its the rotors. Get new rotors. Get a quality brand and not a discount store cheap brand. Also make sure your lug nuts are torqued to proper specs in the star pattern. Using as much force as you can with the wheel wrench or A shop using an impact wrench will improperly tighten them or over tighten them and it will lead to warping
Old 01-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Original Owner / Oct 1998

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Organic pads wear out FAST. Are you sure you want to deal with that?

The best thing you can do to avoid braking vibrations is NEVER to stop totally after a hard braking session. Stop two car-lengths from the vehicle ahead, then slowly creep.

That way your hot pads will not warp one spot on the rotors. (Or cause Pad Redeposits)

I ran my OE rotors for 140K miles, and I practice what I preach!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Instructor

I am actually aware that the front rotors are warping and as an effect causes the brake pedal pulsations. I also am aware that organic front pads do wear out fast. But my curiosity ....
is there anyone in this forum who currently installed organic pads on their 2KTL...and if so....wanna share some info....thanks though for the kind reply.

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Your problem isnt the pads, its the rotors. Get new rotors. Get a quality brand and not a discount store cheap brand. Also make sure your lug nuts are torqued to proper specs in the star pattern. Using as much force as you can with the wheel wrench or A shop using an impact wrench will improperly tighten them or over tighten them and it will lead to warping
Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
If indeed your rotors are warped, pads won't make much difference with the pulsating.

I've tried that unsuccessfully on my old beater '95 Accord, which at the time had over 150k on it's factory original rotors. Previously, I'd always used the Honda OEM pads. Bought a new set of rotors..... made a big improvement.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Instructor

In that case, its probably time to move up to the 4000 -5000 metal grade rotors with curved vanes rather than just straight ones.....
anyhow many thanks for sharing...