02 tl, type s, abs/vsa lights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 02 tl, type s, abs/vsa lights?

Hello,

I am located in Pennsylvania, we are currently having a blizzard. I went out to the store and got stuck coming up a hill. My tires were spinning like crazy and my VSA and ABS lights started blinking. The whole time I was trying to get up the hill I kept my foot on the gas, no braking was involved. Once I got home I noticed the VSA and ABS lights were on steady, they didnt go out. I went in the house, came back out after an hour and started the car to check them. The lights are still on.

Has anyone else had this issue? Im not sure if I burnt a sensor out or what trying to get up the snow covered hill. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-19-2009, 05:08 PM
2003 TL

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
when i had those two indicator lights on, i had a front left wheel speed sensor knocked loose. for you to get those ABS codes read, you probably won't be able to get that done at a local auto parts store. i went to a few, and they all said i needed to find some mechanic to do it. luckily, i found one that was willing to read it for free, which a couple people said most charge a fee to do(odd?). i don't know if that's your problem or not. i'm just speaking from one of my situations recently.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@WEB-Thanks, im hoping its a small problem such as the one you have described. I was just talking to my neighbor whom said I could have clogged the sensor with snow and ice while my wheels were spinning trying to make it up the hill.

Also, I read the owner manual which said that if the lights are on that means my VSA and ABS is not working. The manual also says the car will still drive but those features will not work.

Either way I am just goin to wait till the roads clear and head to the car wash to knock all that snow and ice out. If that doesnt do the trick I will be on a search for a mechanic to read the codes for me. Hopefully I wont end up at the dealer, I only plan on keeping this car until April so I dont want to put any money into it.