02 tl

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 02:08 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 tl

My 02 Acura TL is having a problem. I can be driving down the road and it would lose power. Recently it has shut down on me while driving an took a few times trying to start back up. Today, it shut off on me twice. I know it needs an 02 sensor but could that be the cause of it shutting off, I know it would cause it to lose power. Someone anyone please help me figure out what's going on
Old 05-29-2018, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies, and not a "New Member Introduction", this thread has been moved to the model specific forum.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Kamari Williams
My 02 Acura TL is having a problem. I can be driving down the road and it would lose power. Recently it has shut down on me while driving an took a few times trying to start back up. Today, it shut off on me twice. I know it needs an 02 sensor but could that be the cause of it shutting off, I know it would cause it to lose power. Someone anyone please help me figure out what's going on
FWIW: In a nut shell, yes, a faulty 02 sensor, (MAY} cause odd operational issues. Does the check engine light, trigger, when this issue occurs? Generally, loss of power, than a complete stall, should trigger a code! A loose, and or, corroded battery cable, and or, a weak battery, or poor ground, can also play havoc, with the ECU! First things first :check battery condition, cable condition, all grounds, and replace the 02 sensor. Than, re-set the ECU, perform the idle relearn procedure, and see what happens.