[COLOR=Red]!!!WARNING!!![/CO damaged cruise control may be dangerous to your health.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[COLOR=Red]!!!WARNING!!![/CO damaged cruise control may be dangerous to your health.

A few months ago I posted a thread about my busted cruise control in hopes to find some one with a simular problem and a fix. In my quest to find the solution I learned that the part which was broken, is actually very dangerous. In my case, the throtle pully was worn out. The pully was worn so bad it actually craked. Allowing the belt which was safely stored in the pully, to now just fall out. Doesn't sound like much? That belt can get caught in the throtle acuator. In a worse case senario: you have your cruise set, the pully brakes and the trotle becomes jamed (at speed). This is rare, but the easist way to solve it is to check under the hood. If you are unsure its worth having your mechanic to take a look. There are steel replacement after market parts. Acura knows about this but are not being overly Vocal about it. Hope this can help and please pass the word on.