Look what came in the mail today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Look what came in the mail today!

Sarona Roof Spoiler!

Cost me $200 shipped

My Wings West Flushmount should be coming in about a couple weeks or so... the place I ordered it from is slower than shit...

But by christmas, I plan to give my WDP baby a new look!
Old 10-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BraveDemon

Sarona Roof Spoiler!

Cost me $200 shipped

My Wings West Flushmount should be coming in about a couple weeks or so... the place I ordered it from is slower than shit...

But by christmas, I plan to give my WDP baby a new look!
Nice..gotta get me one too, I'm still waiting on my WW rear lip and it's been a month. I'm beginning to think they are back to their old tactics of being snail slow.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats nice! Where did you buy it from??
Old 10-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Low and Slow

Definitely looks good. Can't waint till you paint and put it on. Where did you get it?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ryebreadisme
Definitely looks good. Can't waint till you paint and put it on. Where did you get it?

i got mine on ebay, for 225, ebay member name is 4exclusive
Old 10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
RRRIIICEEE!! a ROOF spoiler?? come on now....
Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
could you explain how a roof spoiler is rice please?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

your rims look great.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Wallace, LA

Originally Posted by Phrosttz0
i got mine on ebay, for 225, ebay member name is 4exclusive
Is it an authentic Sarona or a look alike?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by big mike 13
your rims look great.

lol do i sense some sarcasm Mike...one of the baddest nbp's around by the way.

anyways congratz on the purchase...it'll look nice, i just put one on my ssm...and with that WW flushmount it will give a fresh look on ur car...
Old 10-10-2006, 02:02 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i'd rather have a roof spoiler than a bent control arm.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TLsu
Is it an authentic Sarona or a look alike?

its legit, its the same one posted above with sarona stamped on it
Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Intermediate

I was going to buy that roof spoiler, but isn't 225 expensive??
Old 10-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Wallace, LA

Originally Posted by Phrosttz0
its legit, its the same one posted above with sarona stamped on it
Word.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:17 PM
No He Can't

Originally Posted by brianlin87
i'd rather have a roof spoiler than a bent control arm.

Like I said, my control arm was bent by a cabbie backing into it. Sure, it needs to be fixed, but I am a college student paying for classes along with everything else and dont really have the money... I don't have daddy's credit card to pay for anything I want.

why would you spend money on a spoiler for YOU ROOF?? the ones on trunks look bad enough. do you race it where you would need that extra .01 seconds off your time?

i think it just looks gross..
Old 10-10-2006, 03:27 PM
No He Can't

Originally Posted by Blazin_TL
could you explain how a roof spoiler is rice please?
Well, when I think of rice, i think of people buying ridiculous prices to put ridiculous things on their car. WTF is a roof spoiler? It serves little if any purpose and is just another thing you can say you did to your car when trying to pick up girls to make it sound nicer. I'm not saying my car is nice, I know it's not and it needs a lot of work. like i said i'm on a small budget. Its just hes bragging about paying $300 for a piece of plastic(?) on his roof!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Like I said, my control arm was bent by a cabbie backing into it. Sure, it needs to be fixed, but I am a college student paying for classes along with everything else and dont really have the money... I don't have daddy's credit card to pay for anything I want.

why would you spend money on a spoiler for YOU ROOF?? the ones on trunks look bad enough. do you race it where you would need that extra .01 seconds off your time?

Eh... I'm not bragging about anything... I got it cause I like how it looks.

And i'm a law school student at UCLA... and I dont have the money either, but I sure as hell didn't use daddy's credit card either, and I hope you're not implying that I did, or that other members here on the Acurazine did either.

Hell, I bought my 02 TL-S, bought my 05 STI before I had to sell it to pay for my Achilles tendon surgery, paid my way through UC Berkeley, and am paying my way through law school. I pay for all my own shit and I'm 24.

Everyone makes sacrifices for the things they love/want.

But yeah, I got mine off EBAY from 4exclusive. Trust me, better to buy from 4exclusive than from any retailer. They shipped it to me in 3 days after I won the bid.

Thanks for the positive comments!

And even if it is "rice" I like it.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
your rims look great.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, when I think of rice, i think of people buying ridiculous prices to put ridiculous things on their car. WTF is a roof spoiler? It serves little if any purpose and is just another thing you can say you did to your car when trying to pick up girls to make it sound nicer. I'm not saying my car is nice, I know it's not and it needs a lot of work. like i said i'm on a small budget. Its just hes bragging about paying $300 for a piece of plastic(?) on his roof!
you guys are funny.... so i'm guessing that you use your car to hit on girls? wow.... hmmmm

hahahahaha
Old 10-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Drifting

your rims look great.
fixed

and i personally like the roor spoiler. be sure to post installed pics
Old 10-10-2006, 06:07 PM

whos bragging? he paid one hell of a price on it.

hater.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
do you have a trunk lip... or a spoiler? IMO it looks best with a lip, but congrats it'll def add to the look of the car as long as it doesnt stick out too far... btw from your avatar looks like you got a pretty tight lookin wdp
Old 10-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
WTF are chrome rims? They serve little if any purpose and are just another thing you can say you did to your car when trying to pick up girls to make it sound nicer. It's just KSuchdeve's bragging about paying $1500+ for heavy hunks of chrome for wheels on his car!

MORAL: To each his own. Personally, I HATE the way virtually all big chrome wheels look on any TL. I also think some roof spoilers can look good on certain cars, including the TL. You seem to like chromies, so do your thing.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:18 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

your rims look great.

EXACTLY
Old 10-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Instructor

your car looks rice with those ugly rims
Old 10-10-2006, 08:22 PM
NO BP FUEL IN MY

You have got to kidding if you think any spoiler put on a TL will help aerodynamics.

Its strictly cosmetic, and looks DAMN good on!!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
B A N N E D

dude why are u hating? your rims serve u lil purpose but u have them on there correct? Its his car and he can do what he wants to it. just cause you have a small budget and cant spend 300 for a spoiler dont trash his thread. I dont think he was bragging, he was just implying he caught a good deal. Im in college too so im in the same boat as u but u dont see me trashing his thread.

i personally think the sarona roof spoiler looks awesome, but im more performance oriented so once i get bored with that ill get the spoiler and the eye brows. post pics after installation
Old 10-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I LOVE MY FPR!

shit i wish i had that roof spoiler...id rather have a stock tl with a roof spoiler than a stock tl with big chrome wheels ...thats just me
Old 10-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Just chillen..

LMAO, yo its his car, he's gonna do what he wants to do with. The other guy is stating his style, so who the hell gives a shit? I like the roof spoiler, with the Mugen trunk spoiler, I also happen to like the M5 Spoiler too. If I say I dont like it, the guys not gonna sell it back now. So WTF, lets get on with our lives. lol
Old 10-10-2006, 11:54 PM
NB_Exit9eR

Damn i joined acurazine because i thought there were no "HATER'S". People got diffenrent taste. you guys gotta respect that. when i see some funny shit in here i just laugh and keep it to my self. Let's try to keep A-ZINE a friendly. My
Old 10-11-2006, 09:49 AM
No He Can't

Originally Posted by levon1830
WTF are chrome rims? They serve little if any purpose and are just another thing you can say you did to your car when trying to pick up girls to make it sound nicer. It's just KSuchdeve's bragging about paying $1500+ for heavy hunks of chrome for wheels on his car!

MORAL: To each his own. Personally, I HATE the way virtually all big chrome wheels look on any TL. I also think some roof spoilers can look good on certain cars, including the TL. You seem to like chromies, so do your thing.
I think chrome rims look nicer than aluminum or any other look. I was getting too many speeding tickets so I got the big chrome rims to slow me down and because I just like the way they look better. My car is not fast and I don't want it to be. I like the more clean, luxury look than the race-inspired look. I'm just saying I dont like the way the roof spoilers or trunk spoilers for that matter look on TLs. It's just a matter of opinion, dont get all hostile people.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:26 AM
No He Can't

Eh... I'm not bragging about anything... I got it cause I like how it looks.

And i'm a law school student at UCLA... and I dont have the money either, but I sure as hell didn't use daddy's credit card either, and I hope you're not implying that I did, or that other members here on the Acurazine did either.

Hell, I bought my 02 TL-S, bought my 05 STI before I had to sell it to pay for my Achilles tendon surgery, paid my way through UC Berkeley, and am paying my way through law school. I pay for all my own shit and I'm 24.

Everyone makes sacrifices for the things they love/want.

But yeah, I got mine off EBAY from 4exclusive. Trust me, better to buy from 4exclusive than from any retailer. They shipped it to me in 3 days after I won the bid.

Thanks for the positive comments!

And even if it is "rice" I like it.
Which grandparent left you the trust fund that you're using?? You're trying to tell me you payed for all that out of pocket while going to law school? I don't buy it.

Like I said, it's all about opinions. You like it, I don't; simple as that. Everyone has different styles and looks that they're trying to achieve.

The daddy's credit card statement wasn't to anyone in particular.. i was just looking at the "what age are TL drivers" forum and it was pissing me off. 19 and 20 year olds with 06 TLs fully loaded. You think they paid that $35K by themselves? me either.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:13 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Which grandparent left you the trust fund that you're using?? You're trying to tell me you payed for all that out of pocket while going to law school? I don't buy it.
And you don't buy it since he has managed to achieve a bit of financial success at the age of 24? You are going way too far bringing his grandparents into this exaggerated argument. I give the guy props for being able to do what he has done (and still is doing), now just because you cannot visualize yourself buying your own car soon and sharing with other car owners the enthusiasm of getting new parts, then it is preferred you rather NOT participate. There's a good reason why most threads have a views-to-replies ratio of 10+/1.

Like I said, it's all about opinions. You like it, I don't; simple as that. Everyone has different styles and looks that they're trying to achieve.

Your response was a bit strong simply for the sake of stating you "don't like it." Something along the lines of "I don't like it, but if you do it's all good" fits your stated intentions MUCH better.

btw, to BraveDemon, make sure you post some pics once you get em painted and installed always liked the flush mounts spoilers
Old 10-11-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

The daddy's credit card statement wasn't to anyone in particular.. i was just looking at the "what age are TL drivers" forum and it was pissing me off. 19 and 20 year olds with 06 TLs fully loaded. You think they paid that $35K by themselves? me either.
God, no one left me a trust fund. I worked all through college tutoring kids on the SAT verbal section and SAT 2 Writing and Literature. I got paid $35 an hour and worked 16 hours a week. How'd I get paid so much? I got an 800 on verbal, 800 on SAT II writing and Literature.

I graduated from Cal with a double major in English and Journalism in 3 years. This was back in 2003. After graduating from Cal, I worked at Ernst and Young for a year until July 2004. I then worked at a small newspaper as an editor for a year until August 2005 when I started law school.

Now that I'm back in school I've reverted to tutoring again; teaching SAT Verbal/Writing and LSATs. It doesn't quite pay for costs of going to law school, but I have some money saved up and that should be enough to get me through.

Anyhow, I feel you on seeing 16 year olds driving nice cars. My cousin just turned 16 and her parents just got her a Cayman. But I figure I can't hate her; I mean her parents worked their asses off to get where they are today. And if anything, I'm trying to work my ass to get to where they are so that I can do the same thing for my kids in the future. And some 19 year olds probably do pay for the TL themselves... it's possible.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Drifting

i got my sarona for 100 picked up :P
Old 10-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Wallace, LA

How'd I get paid so much? I got an 800 on verbal, 800 on SAT II writing and Literature.
A little bit of bragging, but I would too if I was that smart.

Props.

One of my professors is from Cal and a couple of guys I played against in high school football are y'alls(UCLA's) starting running back and strong saftey...Get tickets, they are exciting players....

Oh, by the way, I love the roof spoiler...
Old 10-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
And some 19 year olds probably do pay for the TL themselves... it's possible.
<---------so do some 18 year olds!

anyway i got a lot of respect for what you've achieved congrats on makin it on ur own and not hating on the kids who get handed everything u cant blame em cuz if it was any 1 of us we wouldnt know any better either...... but anyway back on topic tutor some more kids so you can paint that thing and get it installed haha ... your cars gonna look even better with it
Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Well $225 didn't seen alot to me the first time i bought it but after mine got stolen after putting it on my car for like a week, i don't think i wana spend $225 again. and what sucks it that since the ebay guy in in ny i had to freakin pay tax my toal came out to $280 shipped.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Pro

big ugly chromies = ugly

Quick Reply: Look what came in the mail today!