hey ZodiakTL, got a question for ya!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post hey ZodiakTL, got a question for ya!

Hey i was looking at your pics of your sub set up. what kind of box did you use? it looks like it might be a band pass. if it is did you port it through the rear deck where the stock speaker is? and if this is the case did you seal the port to the rear deck area. how does it sound? or did you buy a pre built box and just put it into the trunk?

just curious was trying to get some information before i decide if i want to build my own.
thanks

------------------
formerly 98 prelude type SH

Currently 2001 Acura 3.2 TL With Navigation Black/Ebony
Old 11-23-2000, 01:53 PM
Acura TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by preludeshfan:
Hey i was looking at your pics of your sub set up. what kind of box did you use? it looks like it might be a band pass. if it is did you port it through the rear deck where the stock speaker is? and if this is the case did you seal the port to the rear deck area. how does it sound? or did you buy a pre built box and just put it into the trunk?

just curious was trying to get some information before i decide if i want to build my own.
thanks

it is a prebuilt box covered with a board... but i actually changed my setup back to the way it was, facing the rear of my car away from the seats. this makes it louder due to the extra room in the trunk, about 3dB or so, when it was facing the seats the sound just got swallowed up and all i got was really dull dirty bass (i prefer clean hard-hitting)... it is a band-pass 6 port box... 3 per driver on either side... i decided not to port it up through the stock sub hole because it would make it too loud inside... at least for me... i dont like the bass to be the only thing heard of the music.... i'll have some pics soon

------------------
Aem Short Ram / Comptech Sway Bars / Comptech Springs / Custom Cross-Drilled Front Rotors / Alpine CDA-7863 Head Unit / Alpine G320 EQ / JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way comps for the front powered by a bridged Alpine MRV-F407 amp / Boston Acoustics 5.5 ProSeries 2-Way comps for the rear powered by
Alpine MRV-1002 amp / Dual 10" JL Audio W-3 sub powered by Alpine MRV-1005 amp / Two Alpine CHA-1214 CD Changers
Pics of my TL