Finally have a pic!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 10:46 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally have a pic!

Hey - I finally got a picture of my ride that's 9 days old. Just thought I would post for the h*ll of it!!
Old 08-20-2001, 12:18 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

As usual the TLs always look good.
Old 08-20-2001, 09:55 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You're getting a bra??? NOOOO!!! Those things are FUGLY....granted they protect against chips, but they're still an eyesore.
Old 08-21-2001, 02:15 AM
Racer

Cool - thanks for your input. That's what makes an ownership experience personal - we can each do what we want. You can pick gold - I can pick a bra!

Anyway, enjoy your TL and again, I appreciate your input.....
Old 08-21-2001, 02:44 AM
Racer

The bra will mess up your paint, trust me or ask any detail/paint shop. No matter how tight you put it on, it will vibrate, and the dirt that will get under it will start to buff your car. This process takes its time but will take place slowly till its noticable. You would need to take the bra off every other day at least (you might do this at first, but after a while, yea right) to rinse, and dry.

Try talking to other bra users.
Old 08-21-2001, 05:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bras are made for women, not a mans car...
Old 08-21-2001, 09:06 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

Originally posted by lilboykorea
bras are made for women, not a mans car...

lol ..... nice car man
Old 08-22-2001, 02:31 PM
Advanced

Talking

Haha... yea.. that was a good one~!!
Old 08-24-2001, 02:10 AM
Racer

That's cool, have your fun- but really bra's are for a man...to take off! Just kidding, but hey, you're only 15 and have much to learn!

I hear you regarding the looks and the concerns on the paint. What I'd really like to have is the underbody kit like a lot of you, but it's a lease and they couldn't residualize that. And actually, I haven't even really seen what it looks like with the bra, with the exception of the "build your own" on the Acura website. So we'll see.....

Once I get it on, I'll post another pic and let you all flame me!! :p
Old 08-25-2001, 10:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

much to learn?!??!?!?!? man u need to find out ur own gender first!!! im tellin u for the second time...BRAS ARE FOR WOMEN...unless u a frickin' homo...lol ish all good...hahaha...jks man

and but still...15...age aint nothing but a numbah! ... i prolly kno as much as u in cars... and im sure that i love them more then u do... lol ... theres something about cars that make me happy...and i'm thinkin of studying more about cars and getting into some type of business with them aftermarket wise...

anyways...dont tease me of my age.... YOU'RE PROBABLY TWICE AS OLD AS ME AND DRIVING THE SAME CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA my dad was juss here and i read him what i wrote..OMG HAHAHAHA we're both laughin our asses off....

NO OFFENCE JUSS PLAYIN WIT YAAH!

and yea since u got in on lease and if u gonna return it...then its no prob for u.... well mines gonna be handed down to me later on...so i'm tryin to keep it clean!! :p
Old 08-26-2001, 01:31 PM
Racer

You didn't even have to put 15 in your sig for us to notice
Old 08-26-2001, 02:38 PM
Racer

You crack me up, man. I'm glad you knew I was just giving you a hard time about the age thing. Now, with regards to the whole gender topic - I have no confusion, but I'll go back to my original sexist comment about bras. Now the comment about "much to learn" had nothing to do with cars or bras for cars! That's cool that you're so interested in cars, and I'll gladly admit that you probably know more about cars.....but that wasn't what I was referring to!

Yeah, there's a lot I'd probably do if it wasn't a lease - I've seen some cool things that people have done to their TL's, which just make them more awesome.

As for driving the same car - man, consider yourself lucky. I remember when I was 15, the only thing my parents did was drive me over to pick up my first car. It was old, but it was mine, paid for with my own money. I could not even imagine driving a TL-S as my first car?!? Yes, I am twice your age, so that part I'll stick to and say you'll understand more when it's your own hard-earned cash. And if I'm wrong and it is - then congratulations - you've got a lot to be proud of!

Anyway, glad you didn't take me too seriously and knew I was just giving you a hard time. Enjoy the ride!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

yea man for sure!! solly if i meant any harms to u!! i was just playin wit u... thats what i love about this forum... we all got tite nice rides... and its just fun talkin to other TL owners...^^

so if its a lease.....u cant do any do any mods?!?!?!

and yea man thanx...well it aint my car so i'm not expecting to get it handed down in years......i wish i had it sooner~! haha... yea i think there is more for myself to learn...yea i was a bit too fast in saying stuff back to yah! i shoulda thouhght of my self first lol

yea yea yea...well i used to have a FORD TEMPO before this...haha so man...i understand the hard earned cash thing...
i need to start working now, i just got into high school...got into lotta hard classes and i'm gonna have to work hard now to get good rides later...lol...

so PEACE! lol :p :p :
Old 08-27-2001, 04:29 PM
Shogun Assassin

i just got into high school...got into lotta hard classes and i'm gonna have to work hard now to get good rides later...lol...
"hard classes" in high school?......LOL.....just wait until you get to university
Old 08-28-2001, 12:43 AM
Racer

You can do mods with a lease, it's just not a very wise decision financially, as I see it. The basic premise behind a lease is you pay the depreciable portion of the vehicle during the time that you "own" it. The difference between what you buy it for and what they forecast it to be worth after the term (called the residual value) is the depreciable portion.

A lot of financing companies will not residulize mods - so basically it's money you put towards the car but will not get back. My financing company residulizes the spoiler, so I added that. But the underbody kit would be something I'd pay for but not get back at the end of my lease.

You can add other non-permanent mods, so long as it doesn't violate the lease agreement. You just replace the mods with the original equipment at the end of the lease. But an underbody kit I wouldn't be able to use on another vehicle, so it's not worth it to me.

I'm sure I haven't done the best of jobs explaining leasing. I know there's a lot of knowledgeable foks on this board who could do a better job.

Anyway, bro, no worries about the posting. Glad you enjoy the forum as much as I do and good luck in school this year!
Old 08-28-2001, 09:42 AM
Intermediate

Hey man, I put a bra on my CL-S and my wifes TL-S and I think it makes it look tight, but I take them off like at least twice a week to wash and polish the cars so the paint doesnt get all fuged up, thats the only part that sucks.
Old 08-28-2001, 10:19 AM
Racer

What color vehicles do you own? I put another post in the Type-S forum where I said that now that it's on - I don't care for the way it looks?!? And I don't know if I'd be as religious as you with regards to taking it off and washing the cars.

That's pretty cool that you have two Type-S. My girlfriend has a '99 Honda Accord, but she was thinking of trading it in for a CL-S, and then we'd be in the same situation as you (except the TL-S is mine).

I don't have a picture yet of what it looks like on the Silver - but I'm just kind of torn about the whole thing. We'll see.....
Old 08-28-2001, 10:34 AM
Intermediate

The color of my CL-S is Aegean Blue and my wifes TL-S is Noble Green Metallic. I know it kinda sucks to be taking the bras off so often, but I'm scared to mess any of our paint up. But I do have to admit theres been times where I diddnt take it off and just left it on, nothing happen but then again it wasnt left on the car for months and months at a time.

I think your girlfreind would love it if she traded, I do but still love our TL-S. I think I'm going to love my CL-S alot more when it get's the 6 speed trans.
Old 08-28-2001, 11:42 AM
whoXwanXsum

yea man for sure!! solly if i meant any harms to u!! i was just playin wit u... thats what i love about this forum... we all got tite nice rides... and its just fun talkin to other TL owners...^^

so if its a lease.....u cant do any do any mods?!?!?!

and yea man thanx...well it aint my car so i'm not expecting to get it handed down in years......i wish i had it sooner~! haha... yea i think there is more for myself to learn...yea i was a bit too fast in saying stuff back to yah! i shoulda thouhght of my self first lol

yea yea yea...well i used to have a FORD TEMPO before this...haha so man...i understand the hard earned cash thing...
i need to start working now, i just got into high school...got into lotta hard classes and i'm gonna have to work hard now to get good rides later...lol...

so PEACE! lol :p :p :
i vote acura-tl.com gets an age limit...
Old 08-28-2001, 11:49 AM
Intermediate

That is foresure!!!
Old 08-28-2001, 02:33 PM
Shogun Assassin

Originally posted by dbox

i vote acura-tl.com gets an age limit...
LMAO
Old 08-28-2001, 04:22 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb Bras

Lost where this post went but as far as bras, sure they may protect the paint... But why protect something you cant see? It is kind of a paradox or something like that if you see where im going? Unless you think a bra looks good, there is no point in putting one on to protect the looks of something you cant see .
Old 08-28-2001, 07:48 PM
Shogun Assassin

Re: Bras

Originally posted by VipeR-ACR
Lost where this post went but as far as bras, sure they may protect the paint... But why protect something you cant see? It is kind of a paradox or something like that if you see where im going? Unless you think a bra looks good, there is no point in putting one on to protect the looks of something you cant see .
I never thought of it that way...the bra does protect against paint chips but if it's always on then you'll never see that part of the car. Then again, unattended chips can begin to corrode and if they can pose problems 'down the road'. But chips are always to be expected if you drive your car past your driveway.
Old 08-28-2001, 10:07 PM
aTL
Instructor

Good Job man nice.
Old 08-29-2001, 12:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

age limit... ... ... ... ... ...muhahahhaha...
anyways... aTL NICE GS 400!! thats damn tite!!