Modification For More Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Word

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kdawg8526
its hard to say but im going to get a dyno done within few weeks then ill post it up to show what numbers i put down
perfect thanks id like to see that

also im wondering can you take me throught what is a 3.5 or in your case a 3.7 liter manifold ???
Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OBrechkin
why would i get a mustang im thinking about getting a old 850i BMW 5.0liter V12 lol for 6K and 1K to ship it over from japan with only 98,000Kilometers lol haha

i think its a better car than a freakin mustang lol
i rather have an F1 McClarren for my dollar, but maybe thats just me, similar motor but some how waaaaaaaaaay better
Old 03-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by phee
this thread should be a short bus. plenty of retards in it
just as soon as you chimed in, u proved ur own , like magic
Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Racer

"those damn mustangs are everywhere", now take a wild guess why and then think why how do eight american cylinders beat 12 german, well at least back then, plus mustangs sound way better and I am not even a fan of fords
Old 03-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Word

Originally Posted by FlacoJ
i rather have an F1 McClarren for my dollar, but maybe thats just me, similar motor but some how waaaaaaaaaay better
HAHAHA ya who wouldnt fing mclarens althought that is still a bigger engine 6.1 liter V12 not 5.0 V12 but ya haha its got twice the horsepower
Old 03-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Word

Originally Posted by FlacoJ
"those damn mustangs are everywhere", now take a wild guess why and then think why how do eight american cylinders beat 12 german, well at least back then, plus mustangs sound way better and I am not even a fan of fords
mustangs are everywhere because they are cheap to buy second hand because there worth nothing and then they are super easy to load up with mods thats why they are everywhere mustangs have no class and are good only for quarter mile drag races show it a corner and it will suck even our acuras dicks i dont really care about the bmw v12 but its the prestige and how rare it is that exites me our tls are quicker than those bmw but thats not the point haha

anyways i hate mustangs sorry if i got carried away
Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the subjestion i think thats what im going to do im thinking of the comtech supercharger the intake the high flow filter pulleys and header to start and then since thats a lot of money after i get some more im going to exaust system with stainless steel tips i think that should be good enough lol exited for the supercharger thought haha
dude just do the 6speed swap. then later if you still have money the do the supercharger, its a waste to put all those mods and have an auto. The tranny wont last for shit with full bolt-ons and a supercharger, considering your drag racing it...
Old 03-28-2010, 02:37 AM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
perfect thanks id like to see that

also im wondering can you take me throught what is a 3.5 or in your case a 3.7 liter manifold ???
this thread will help you to do the intake manifold swap
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-frequently-asked-questions-52/diy-2009-tl-sh-awd-intake-manifold-install-01-cls-747771/
Old 03-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Racer

The TL is a good car all around, but in the end of the day its still a 4 door family sport sedan. You can't pull much more power from these engines unless you go F.I. and still it's not that much. If you want something quicker get something like an STI or Evo a simple tune can get more then all the bolt on for the tl. TL is more of a cruiser that has a bit of move to it, but with sedan's today hit 300+, you need all that just to keep up.

Something else you could do is losing some weight like spare, tools, carpet, etc...
Old 03-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Word

Originally Posted by kriz2fer
dude just do the 6speed swap. then later if you still have money the do the supercharger, its a waste to put all those mods and have an auto. The tranny wont last for shit with full bolt-ons and a supercharger, considering your drag racing it...
bro i aint doing it anymore the supercharger waste of money all im getting are headers pulley new belt CAI and then that power package from excelerate tread with power plenums and then new suspension
Old 03-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Word

Originally Posted by BaByBlAcKtYpE-s
The TL is a good car all around, but in the end of the day its still a 4 door family sport sedan. You can't pull much more power from these engines unless you go F.I. and still it's not that much. If you want something quicker get something like an STI or Evo a simple tune can get more then all the bolt on for the tl. TL is more of a cruiser that has a bit of move to it, but with sedan's today hit 300+, you need all that just to keep up.

Something else you could do is losing some weight like spare, tools, carpet, etc...

ya i realized that a lot of people have told me that but im doing some bolt ons this is going to be a nice toy for me right now im probably going to end up getting something more meant for hard tuning later but all i care about this car is that it responds and accelerate a little bit quicker than what it does now so im not worried
Old 03-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
mustangs are everywhere because they are cheap to buy second hand because there worth nothing and then they are super easy to load up with mods thats why they are everywhere mustangs have no class and are good only for quarter mile drag races show it a corner and it will suck even our acuras dicks i dont really care about the bmw v12 but its the prestige and how rare it is that exites me our tls are quicker than those bmw but thats not the point haha

anyways i hate mustangs sorry if i got carried away
This shows me you have no clue or class I know many mustangs that would wipe the floor with just about any acura. Including the highly touted NSX
Old 03-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Instructor

If you want a 320hp+ luxury sport sedan sell the TL-S and get a 04-up Audi S4 4.2 V8. The S4 4.2 is rated at 340hp stock and the motor has a mean humming sound plus its all wheel drive. The prices have plummeted on them so you can get one with lower miles for a good price or get a 03 BMW M3 there 333hp and I have seen some pretty cheap ones lately. I wouldn't invest all that money to get the horsepower your looking for plus you will always have problems with it. The more engine work you do to it the more parts start to fail. It would be a lot cheaper to get a S4 or M3 and there better cars to begin with.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
This shows me you have no clue or class I know many mustangs that would wipe the floor with just about any acura. Including the highly touted NSX
i actually agree, coil overs and under body bracing will beat our cars in handling, when applied to a gt, a super charger and different intake will blow our cars off the road, even the nsx, plus the wheels on the back spin! how great is that?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Racer

rwd > fwd

Just don't hope to get much to the wheels and go easy on the driving. you want your tranny to last until you decide to upgrade.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Word

Ok im going to say it again and i hope that people read this before sending me another message 1. I hate mustangs i have never seen one take a corner properly and there is no way a american muscles car shows more class than a former top of the line BMW not a chance now i dont need to hear it from anyone anymore because my thoughts are not going to change about that

and 2. as for the power if people would read a little bit i realized that the 320-360 BHP in the little acura is not really possible so i have mansioned that all im looking for is to upgrade it a little bit so it reacts and responds and goes a little bit faster than what it has now as of right now im not even looking for horsepower rating i found my mods thanks to you guys and i will be puting them on soon and then that will be it for that car

now can we talk more mods before the administrator shuts this thread down because we are way of topic thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Word

Originally Posted by H's gray 03 CL type S
If you want a 320hp+ luxury sport sedan sell the TL-S and get a 04-up Audi S4 4.2 V8. The S4 4.2 is rated at 340hp stock and the motor has a mean humming sound plus its all wheel drive. The prices have plummeted on them so you can get one with lower miles for a good price or get a 03 BMW M3 there 333hp and I have seen some pretty cheap ones lately. I wouldn't invest all that money to get the horsepower your looking for plus you will always have problems with it. The more engine work you do to it the more parts start to fail. It would be a lot cheaper to get a S4 or M3 and there better cars to begin with.
like how low have you found them the lowest i have found for those cars on average are still around 24-25k not that low if you ask me
Old 03-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Racer

Mustangs are great cars, you get a lot of car for the money. Mustang with some upgrades can surly hang in the corners, hell they can even drift just look at team falken's mustang. The only grip i have is the interior imo and that they are everywhere. But i can appreciate them for what they are.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok im going to say it again and i hope that people read this before sending me another message 1. I hate mustangs i have never seen one take a corner properly and there is no way a american muscles car shows more class than a former top of the line BMW not a chance now i dont need to hear it from anyone anymore because my thoughts are not going to change about that

and 2. as for the power if people would read a little bit i realized that the 320-360 BHP in the little acura is not really possible so i have mansioned that all im looking for is to upgrade it a little bit so it reacts and responds and goes a little bit faster than what it has now as of right now im not even looking for horsepower rating i found my mods thanks to you guys and i will be puting them on soon and then that will be it for that car

now can we talk more mods before the administrator shuts this thread down because we are way of topic thanks
fsttyms1 is the administrator for this side of the board lol

go race this guy
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Racer

THANK YOU!!!!

That's the exact car i am talking about. I want to see you best that in your fwd acura.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Word

oh well come on that car has probably so much more money in mods than im planning on putting in it

that is like some fast and furious kindof shit lol
Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Racer

That is no f&f kinda $hit. It doesn't take nearly as much money to put into a mustang to make it track worthy as it does to make a tl a quarter mile beast.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Word

whatever its a mustang and if someone would give me one i would turn aroud and drive off in my acura still the end lol
Old 03-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Word

id rather take this over the mustang or is that just me
Old 03-28-2010, 07:13 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
^ and a mustang is hella cheaper than that. we would all love to have that, but its never going to happen in our lives.

cant believe this thread
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Word

Whatever you guys do what yall want il stick to my tl rather than getting a mustang like everyone else you guys keep talking about how good it is il talk when we start talking mods
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Racer

That nsx would cost a whole bunch more then the falken mustang. If we are playing a game of i rather have this then that. Then i rather have a Ferrari 430 scuderia, Porsche gt3 rs, audi r8, and so on.

If someone handed me the keys to a new 5.0 Mustang or Shelby mustang, i don't think i would want to hang on to the tl.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:28 PM
2003 TL-p

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Whatever you guys do what yall want il stick to my tl rather than getting a mustang like everyone else you guys keep talking about how good it is il talk when we start talking mods
to each his own, but once you discover how unreliable our auto trannys are (trust me you will), you might be singing another tune. id keep my TL if it had a 6-speed manual, but if someone handed me the keys to a mustang right now, id take it over my TL.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Word

fair enough you might be right i might change my mind once i start experiencing problems with my transmition and if not then il get the tranny fix sell the tl and get the 2002 M3 which someone on here suggested me to do then il be singing halilua all night long haha
Old 03-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Word

Originally Posted by BaByBlAcKtYpE-s
That nsx would cost a whole bunch more then the falken mustang. If we are playing a game of i rather have this then that. Then i rather have a Ferrari 430 scuderia, Porsche gt3 rs, audi r8, and so on.

If someone handed me the keys to a new 5.0 Mustang or Shelby mustang, i don't think i would want to hang on to the tl.
well of course not but im talking about the lower rnge mustangs which are based around the same as our cars a shelby mustang is how much and has 500bhp ya im not dumb that would be a better car but for me its still a mustang so for me it would still be a no and anyways im done with the argument its going no where so like gold said we all have our own preferences and that it i hate mustangs and it would be the last car in the world i would drive (except if its the 67 shelby mustang from gone in 60 seconds) that one i would drive
Old 03-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Pro

Cheaper than your nsx or mustang is the car that I wish I purchased instead of hooking up my TL

However, my TL has more money invested than the rx7 and is probably faster and more comfortable.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Word

Originally Posted by Rejckt
Cheaper than your nsx or mustang is the car that I wish I purchased instead of hooking up my TL

However, my TL has more money invested than the rx7 and is probably faster and more comfortable.
nice car but my buddy who used to work for mazda told me that he has never seen a bigger deman for replacement engines for this car but i kindof think he is strange so dont believe him but you know how cheap you can find cars like this in japan you can get things like that, skylines, supras lol BMW 850i lol for really cheap and to get them shipped to vancouver or the states it only costs about 1k so lol if you really want one its not to far to get one haha
Old 03-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol my mechanic does that. He imports tuned shit from Japan and sells it in Canada or the U.S. It's a treat every time i come. The guy always has something new and interesting. One day ill take some pic's n show u guys wat's up.

Oh yea, BMW flagship sportscar vs. Mustang. Lol, thats a no brainer.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Pro

nice car but my buddy who used to work for mazda told me that he has never seen a bigger deman for replacement engines for this car but i kindof think he is strange so dont believe him but you know how cheap you can find cars like this in japan you can get things like that, skylines, supras lol BMW 850i lol for really cheap and to get them shipped to vancouver or the states it only costs about 1k so lol if you really want one its not to far to get one haha
Yah, but I dont want a right hand drive vehicle. So I'd get a usdm version.
There is nothing wrong with the stock motor for the rx7, however you would not be intelligent putting a stock motor back in there when the 20b is easily available or any ls1 2 or 7

I don't know how old your mechanic is but, they stopped producing this car in 94 / 95. Also, having a skyline in the western hemisphere is a no no. You'd have to register it as a kit car as skylines were never produced here.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Word

Yah, but I dont want a right hand drive vehicle. So I'd get a usdm version.
There is nothing wrong with the stock motor for the rx7, however you would not be intelligent putting a stock motor back in there when the 20b is easily available or any ls1 2 or 7

I don't know how old your mechanic is but, they stopped producing this car in 94 / 95. Also, having a skyline in the western hemisphere is a no no. You'd have to register it as a kit car as skylines were never produced here.
ya as you know i dont know to much so i take other peoples word for it so check this site out this is what i mean and they say anything that is 15 years or more recent is allowed in canada but here have a look at the site and tell me what you think

www.japanautodirect.com

a lot of the stuff on there is also left hand drive and you can talk to them using skype if you got it and if your interested they can go through the whole process if your not already familiar with it
Old 03-28-2010, 10:28 PM
2000 acura tl FPR

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
i see this getting moved to car talk
Old 03-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Pro

ya as you know i dont know to much so i take other peoples word for it so check this site out this is what i mean and they say anything that is 15 years or more recent is allowed in canada but here have a look at the site and tell me what you think

www.japanautodirect.com

a lot of the stuff on there is also left hand drive and you can talk to them using skype if you got it and if your interested they can go through the whole process if your not already familiar with it
Canadians are allowed to own skylines
I wish I could have a skyline for 10 grand.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
ok. so lemme get this straight..

u come in here asking about mods for a car because you are uneducated on how to create more power. (if you were, you wouldnt need the thread)

strike one

THEN, you say money is not an "option" which is stupid within itself. but we knew that you meant you had a lot of money...

WRONG, you said u needed a check. strike two

Then you try and convince us that an old ass BMW can outhandle a mustang, which is a very well balanced car and superior to anything you have mentioned.

strike three

GTFO
Old 03-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Word

Originally Posted by phee
ok. so lemme get this straight..

u come in here asking about mods for a car because you are uneducated on how to create more power. (if you were, you wouldnt need the thread)

strike one

THEN, you say money is not an "option" which is stupid within itself. but we knew that you meant you had a lot of money...

WRONG, you said u needed a check. strike two

Then you try and convince us that an old ass BMW can outhandle a mustang, which is a very well balanced car and superior to anything you have mentioned.

strike three

GTFO
Yo buddy you obviously dont know how proffesional hockey works we get checks every month depending on how much money we make the season in our leaque they pay us in three segments im making 45K dollars this year so divided by 3 ok and im receiving my first segment the first of april so calculate how much i am making that check and i am only playing div 3 proffesional so when i tell you money is not a problem i am not joking i have been truthful and open minded to everything that has been going on here i dont even know you i have never even talked to you before but when i talk about a BMW being better than a mustang i dont need to hear everyone bitching at me its my damn point of view and i would rather have that and when i tell you i am waiting for a check its because i am waiting for my damn check to come in alright now i dont know why you feel you need to put your point of view alright but i dont appreciate you cherping down on my opinions and basically calling me a liar on the web so honestly buddy take it from me

GFY

i dont go around reading everything you have to say and i dont go pissing around on what you believe so honestly show the same respect

peace
Old 03-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Word

Canadians are allowed to own skylines
I wish I could have a skyline for 10 grand.
ya thats a shame i didnt notice till now that you were from NYC but ya here in canada if as long they are 15 years or more recent i believe we are allow to ship them over but then they have to pass a provincial test to see if they are road legal so it cost a bit of money and it is time consuming but it is still most of the time cheaper to find one over there than it is to find one and by one here in north america

if you got one shipped to canada are you allowed to drive it down to the states or is that illegal aswell ?

Quick Reply: Modification For More Horsepower