killswitch for windows

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
poisonous darts

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question killswitch for windows

Does anyone have experience installing a killswitch for the windows, or just a killswitch in general for the matter?

I have dark tints and was pulleded over cockhead trooper and got a ticket for the tints. He used a tinit meter and it read the front at 13% and the rear at 14%. I read online that someone installed a killwitch to their windows and when a cop pulls them over for he rolles the windows down and hits the killswitch. When the cops asks for the him to roll the windows up he tells them he they dont roll up and when the cops try they wont be able to do the same. So the cops let him off annoyed. It may not always work but it's worth a try to me.

P.S. And for those of you who are itching to write the "just take the tint off or get lighter tint" do yourself a favor and don't waste your time posting to this thread because I will just ignore them. I enjoy and love my tints for cosmetic and personal reasons. Peace.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Think about it...

1) You pass a cop with all of your windows rolled up
2) When he pulls you over they are all magically down and now they won't roll up

Yeah that's believeable. I can't imagine a cop not believing you're story

now onto the solution...seems simple...

you just need to tap an inline switch into the power wire for each window. Requires removing all of the door panels and running wires to and from the window switch wiring harnesses
Old 08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
poisonous darts

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Listen, I'm not stupid, and cops are not either. Well a lot of them are but thats besides the point. Of course a cop is not going to believe the windows don't roll up after vizsiually observing my windows up with dark tint.

What I'm trying to avoid is a ticket when getting pulled over and the cop just saying "the hell with it" and give me a warning because he cant use his tint meter OR, get a ticket, plead not guilty, show up to court, and having the ticket dismissed because he didn't want to show up for something petty OR, he shows up, we both state our case, and I have somewhat of a slight chance to beat it because he didn't use a tint meter and all of his evidence is based on observance, while I can plead that my windows don't roll up. It's my word against his basiclly. Sure he/she has the advantage but my chances are a bit better and I can live with that.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
2000 acura tl FPR

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
i dunno what NY tint laws are but some states the tint law is a certain percentage all around.... you can't roll down your back window

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbOtyWTRZ_g
Old 08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
slow tl..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-03-2010, 02:25 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
lol @ responses....

OP go to an eye/skin doc and get a note saying that you are very sensitive to light

you dont have to remove anything (tints) or kill switch anything (ur windows) LOL.....

now u ask will that work....no SHEEETTTT !!! am rocking it since 3 years....saved me from several tint tickets !!!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Think about it...

1) You pass a cop with all of your windows rolled up
2) When he pulls you over they are all magically down and now they won't roll up

Yeah that's believeable. I can't imagine a cop not believing you're story

now onto the solution...seems simple...

you just need to tap an inline switch into the power wire for each window. Requires removing all of the door panels and running wires to and from the window switch wiring harnesses
Actually all you would have to do is kill the power to the main switch on the drivers side. It sends the power/signal to operate the others (there is already a kill switch for the other 3 windows on the drivers side switch). I dont think it would be to hard to find which wire to interrupt with a switch and kill the window power.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 AM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
Originally Posted by assclown
i dunno what NY tint laws are but some states the tint law is a certain percentage all around.... you can't roll down your back window

NY law states 70% on side windows (front and rear) and any % on back window as long as you have side mirrors. I recently got 35% all around with a 20% windshield strip. It doesnt attract too much attention but anything darker would. I have heard that people got away with tint tickets by rolling down the windows. However, they must have been pulled over for something else so the cop wasnt looking at the tint.

What I dont understand is that most new cars have even darker tint on the rear side windows than I do and its stock, like my parents old RDX. Why dont they get pulled over? Only thing i can think of is that theres no tint on the drivers window.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:57 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Easy!!!

"just take the tint off or get lighter tint"
Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
NY law states 70% on side windows (front and rear) and any % on back window as long as you have side mirrors. I recently got 35% all around with a 20% windshield strip. It doesnt attract too much attention but anything darker would. I have heard that people got away with tint tickets by rolling down the windows. However, they must have been pulled over for something else so the cop wasnt looking at the tint.

What I dont understand is that most new cars have even darker tint on the rear side windows than I do and its stock, like my parents old RDX. Why dont they get pulled over? Only thing i can think of is that theres no tint on the drivers window.
OEM still has to follow regulations, BUT SUVs usually have a different standard on the rear set of windows that is allowed.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Actually all you would have to do is kill the power to the main switch on the drivers side. It sends the power/signal to operate the others (there is already a kill switch for the other 3 windows on the drivers side switch). I dont think it would be to hard to find which wire to interrupt with a switch and kill the window power.
Ah yeah forgot about that. can't say I've ever used that.