just installed v2 intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just installed v2 intake

i absolutely love this intake. under w.o.t. u can really hear it and wat else can i say it was absolutely worth it. i do feel da lil difference in throttle response and all. i recommend this intake. it didnt really take long to install just alittle readjustin of thing here n there n there u go new intake. oh for those who said an v2intake can not b put into a 99 bc of the tb, i can be done, remember its rubber it can stretch.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
do you have a hum noise at idle??? i do with mine.... the only thing I dont really like about it.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Intermediate

I have the huming noise your talking about at idle. Kind of annoying but it sounds awesome on acceleration.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
All go, no show

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hated the humming. That's why I swapped the V2 out for the icebox. Personally, the V2 seemed a lot stronger an intake.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
I hated the humming. That's why I swapped the V2 out for the icebox. Personally, the V2 seemed a lot stronger an intake.
ya that V2 is a badass intake - I wish the hum wasnt there
Old 09-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

yes i have the humm nosie at idle, but i kinda like it i guess its bc i just installed it. i picked up my lil bro yesterday and he said dat he heard it frm lik 5 ft away frm da car so i guess da hum is loud. yea the intake doe seem way stronger than a reg intake.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Ganji, Want some?

Can anyone post any sound clips of the intake humming? cause i'm in the market for a new intake, and I want to make sure i spend my dollaz wisely.........
Old 09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

srry bout da dble post but for the money work i say v2 is money worth. i will try to get a sound clip soon
Old 09-15-2005, 08:47 AM
All go, no show

I used to be able to hear the hum from inside my house when my car was in the driveway. Then again, I have sensitive ears.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by VITEK
Can anyone post any sound clips of the intake humming? cause i'm in the market for a new intake, and I want to make sure i spend my dollaz wisely.........
what model of TL do you have? The V2 only fits the TLP - and it is by far the best intake you can get. I think the Icebox is not worth it at all (you can basically have the same thing by removing your lower intake resonator and putting a K&N filter in your stock airbox). The V2 gives an amazing sound when you floor it - well actually its just the normal engine noise, but its badass
Old 09-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
I used to be able to hear the hum from inside my house when my car was in the driveway. Then again, I have sensitive ears.
i also hear it from inside my house i thought it was some1 cuttin grass from a far. i have a 99tlp and yes i agree my far the best intake.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Black3.2
i also hear it from inside my house i thought it was some1 cuttin grass from a far. i have a 99tlp and yes i agree my far the best intake.
definitely a great intake but as far as the hum goes, mines kina went away wen i installed the bypass valve. yes u do give up a lil bit of performance, but at least it keeps ur car safe from hydrolocking and reduces the humming and it also still sounds the same when u floor it. my megan headers resonance bugs me more than my intake now.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

yea imma have to by da bypass valve now .good think u reminded me
Old 09-17-2005, 03:09 AM
All go, no show

i thought they don't make a bypass valve for the V2?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Black3.2
yea imma have to by da bypass valve now .good think u reminded me
Waste of money!
Old 09-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

no dey didnt make a by pass valve for the v2 i just wanted to get 1 to prevent hydrolock to my engine
Old 09-18-2005, 02:19 PM
08 WDP TL-S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Waste of money!
Old 09-18-2005, 02:50 PM
On the way!

Originally Posted by ou sig
...I think the Icebox is not worth it at all (you can basically have the same thing by removing your lower intake resonator and putting a K&N filter in your stock airbox). The V2 gives an amazing sound when you floor it - well actually its just the normal engine noise, but its badass
Well - if numbers don't lie, where are your numbers?

My car has an Icebox (along with headers and pulleys) and puts out 230hp at the wheel. That's a fact.

Let's see similar numbers with a simple resonator removal (and H/P). I've been here since 2001 and I've yet to see numbers like that....
Old 09-19-2005, 07:31 AM
Future JDM Whore

im also shopping for an intake....so basically you guys are saying that the V2 is better than the Injen RD??
Old 09-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

i say it is.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:27 PM
IDontRideFastIJustFlyLow

I have a 3.2TL 2002 non type s stock model which intake is good for my car for the price and easy to install without any readjustments, and does it gv u more HP at the wheel
Old 10-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunsnroses316
I have a 3.2TL 2002 non type s stock model which intake is good for my car for the price and easy to install without any readjustments, and does it gv u more HP at the wheel
All intakes will work on your car, none require readjustments. The best at HP gains are the V2 and the Comptech icebox
Old 10-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Cruisin'

Wondering if anyone else put a bypass on their V2? If so does it really reduce the humming, and does it sound the same up in vtec range? Thought I read a post somewhere where the v2 fell apart from having the bypass installed on it. Please PM me if you have and it worked for you. Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Ganji, Want some?

what model of TL do you have? The V2 only fits the TLP - and it is by far the best intake you can get. I think the Icebox is not worth it at all (you can basically have the same thing by removing your lower intake resonator and putting a K&N filter in your stock airbox). The V2 gives an amazing sound when you floor it - well actually its just the normal engine noise, but its badass

I have a 2002 TLS SO the V2 wont fit my car? and if NOT what si the best intake besides the ICEBOX?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by b333ob
Wondering if anyone else put a bypass on their V2? If so does it really reduce the humming, and does it sound the same up in vtec range? Thought I read a post somewhere where the v2 fell apart from having the bypass installed on it. Please PM me if you have and it worked for you. Thanks
the bypass valve is NOT made for the V2. the V2 pipe is much larger in diameter than the regular CAI...what you read is the bypass valve fell apart and f'ed up the guys throttle body and intake manafold. I have read that in a few different posts.

Originally Posted by VITEK
I have a 2002 TLS SO the V2 wont fit my car? and if NOT what si the best intake besides the ICEBOX?
The type S has a slightly larger throttle body than does the TLP - that is why there are different models of the Icebox and the other regular CAIs, and as of now, the V2 only fits the TLP or that Accord (thats probably why they did that because there is much more modding on Accords than TLs).

well what do you mean by best? If you are talking about power - than the Icebox, but for sound, get the regular CAI. And Im sure the power differences are minimal.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Ganji, Want some?

well what do you mean by best? If you are talking about power - than the Icebox, but for sound, get the regular CAI. And Im sure the power differences are minimal.

Best as in only CAI's and SOUND AND POWER i knwo any cai gives good sound but i want to knwo which one will sound good and give mabey 4-5 more hp?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Banned

if you have a TLS get a regular AEM CAI, or a injen RD

i personally dont like iceboxes, tehy look really boring and make no noise at all....i love the roar that the other intakes give
Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by 41510TL
if you have a TLS get a regular AEM CAI, or a injen RD

i personally dont like iceboxes, tehy look really boring and make no noise at all....i love the roar that the other intakes give
well if you want sound then there is no question - just get one of these 2. there will be no difference in performance or sound - but you will be able to tell a big difference in sound between the icebox and any CAI.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Instructor

why a bypass valve... do you really think you'll completely submerge the filter? ... and
"AEM V2 Intake Air Induction Systems utilize a dual chamber to create multiple frequency sound waves. The installation of the AEM Bypass Valve would disrupt the tuning of these systems. Therefore the bypass valve should not be used."

oh and what's the humming? ... i know my friend put an aem into his spec-v ... and had some humming from the intake vibrating on something or other... took a t-shirt tore it up and wrapped it around the intake and now it's quiet... just a though
Old 10-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by theshrink

oh and what's the humming? ... i know my friend put an aem into his spec-v ... and had some humming from the intake vibrating on something or other... took a t-shirt tore it up and wrapped it around the intake and now it's quiet... just a though
the humming is an actual noise that comes from our engines, that is usually removed my stock intake resonators. the TLP has 2 of them, 1 real big one below the filter assembly and another small one before the throttle body. the small one is what removes that hum sound.

I got that same hum sound with my V2 intake as when I had the stock setup after I took that small resonator off. Who knows why, but you get that sound with some intakes with our cars.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Cruisin'

To LightningSTL26

You installed it in the red circle there right?

To ou sig

I know that the pipe is bigger than the standard CAI from aem. But the piece that connects to the trottle body and then to the 3" pipe is still a 2.5" and the bypass would fit this.

That was older versions of the bypass valve that fell apart and got stuck, they have fixed that problem now, and while I have seen those stories I thought I also heard that the v2 itself fell apart after having the bypass installed, but I dont see how this is possible. Its just two pipes welded together, I can understand that if it is tuned to provide the best air flow that a break in the pipe wall would disrupt this, which is why they do not make a bypass for the v2.

Has anyone else besides lightning installed a bypass on there v2? not really into having to cut it apart to find out that it wont work for me.

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:17 AM
10th Gear

ah i want this intake for my tl-s. is there any way to get it to fit the tl-s throttle body...or maybe thats just a bad idea...
Old 10-31-2005, 03:10 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by theshrink
why a bypass valve... do you really think you'll completely submerge the filter?

Tell that the hundreds of people that have hydrolocked there motor from a CAI. Its pretty simple. If you live in a tropical area you should be running a bypass. I dont even know how well they work, but it has to be better than having no bypass.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by Zilverz
Tell that the hundreds of people that have hydrolocked there motor from a CAI. Its pretty simple. If you live in a tropical area you should be running a bypass. I dont even know how well they work, but it has to be better than having no bypass.
well tell these same people to quit using their cars for boats and it wouldnt happen. You just have to understand how high your filter is off the ground, and dont drive through standing water that high. but if you have to go through some higher water, at least dont rev your engine. At idle, the engine wont make enough vacuum to pull any water in if you just coast through.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:09 PM
Intermediate

well tell these same people to quit using their cars for boats and it wouldnt happen. You just have to understand how high your filter is off the ground, and dont drive through standing water that high. but if you have to go through some higher water, at least dont rev your engine. At idle, the engine wont make enough vacuum to pull any water in if you just coast through.

How do you gauge how deep water is while driving? After you answer that, How do you gauge how deep water is at night or even see the water?

If you live in a tropical area, why even risk it? SRI or Bypass if they even work
Old 11-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Instructor

i dont have a choice....thats the only way to get into school, i'd rather spend an extra $60 to be safe rather than spend thousands IF water does happen to get into the engine. AND if it still does even with the bypass, then i'm pretty sure i'll have a good little chat with the people at AEM.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:04 AM
Advanced

On the V2, the filter is pretty high, you'd have to go through water past your lugnuts to submerge it.

I think the problem with putting a bypass on a V2 may be also that the V2 is only held on at the TB and the little bracket above the filter, there's nothing supporting the middle of it. You cut the pipe and put a flexible bypass there, what do you think will happen when the engine rocks back and forth under load?

If you want an intake with provision to use a bypass, get one that's designed to use a bypass.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Boomer SOONER

Originally Posted by TLgunner
On the V2, the filter is pretty high, you'd have to go through water past your lugnuts to submerge it.

I think the problem with putting a bypass on a V2 may be also that the V2 is only held on at the TB and the little bracket above the filter, there's nothing supporting the middle of it. You cut the pipe and put a flexible bypass there, what do you think will happen when the engine rocks back and forth under load?

If you want an intake with provision to use a bypass, get one that's designed to use a bypass.

I agree...BTW when I had my V2 on, I made a little pad to support the middle part so it wouldnt hit the car body when I hit a bump.

and the bypass valve takes away all the HP gain that you get with a CAI, so if you are that worried about it, save the money and get a SRI or spend the same and get the Icebox with the more HP over a CAI with a bypass valve