I/H/E on type S

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
I/H/E on type S

I'm installing AEM cai, OBX headers n WS2 exaust soon. Is there anything else I could go with and install at the same time? I've read about hi-flow cat, I assume there's no issue wit O2 sensor with aftermarket cats? I'd also like to know wut does exactly a TB spacer do to engine n wut would be the benefits?

Thanks alot for any help.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Excelerate sells a 2.5" high flow cat that has the bung for the o2 sensor, that would be the final piece for your exhaust mods

a TB Spacer along with the IM thermal gasket is used to keep the temperature down by reducing heatsoak while adding a little bit of volume to the manifold. gains are less than 10 hp though, its one of those what else can i do mods

the UR lightweight crank pulley is another mod you can do, it frees up around 10 hp and you get better throttle response
Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
I heard spacer doesn't naturally fit under the hood. Is it true for all spacers or the one from MDX?
And can you please elaborate on UR pulleys? Which pulley or set of pulleys can be changed. I'm leaning towards this mod.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
yea the mdx spacer is for the intake manifold and doesnt fit. P2R sells the TB spacer and intake manifold thermal GASKET, its not a spacer just a heat resistant gasket.

you can replace just the crank pulley (which gives the most power) or you can get the set of three (crank, power steering, alternator) which adds a couple hp

for the crank you have the option of going underdrive or stock size

Underdrive

Our most popular crank pulleys, the ones everyone is familiar with. This version of our crank pulleys increases performance because they underdrive all the accessories (15-20% more power), unlike accessory only kits out there that do not include the crank pulley. This means one you air conditioning is on our crank pulleys give you more power back to the wheels by not letting the air conditioning compressor rob as much power.

However, we do not push the amount or percentage of underdrive too far for two main reasons. First, it is important to keep charging systems, air conditioning, power steering, and water pumps moving fast enough for every day driving. Second, not much horsepower is gained from extreme underdriving. We always keep our underdrive percentage under 20% which is what allows us to maintain factory specified outputs for all your accessories. Our testing has found for most vehicle models you can upgrade your stereo to a system of up to 600 watts (RMS) and not have any charging problems.

For most applications all of the underdriving is done at the crank pulley, not the accessory pulleys. This is done so maximum weight loss can be achieved at the crank where most of the horsepower gains are realized. The Ultra Series underdrive crank pulleys are available in polished aluminum finish.

Stock Diameter

Many of our customers have asked for crank pulleys that do not underdrive their alternators, power steering pumps, superchargers and water pumps. Because of these requests we developed our stock diameter crank pulleys. Many customers want the performance benefits of weight reduction without any sacrifices, especially audio enthusiasts as some audio competitions require voltage to remain at a specific level. With our stock diameter crank pulleys the alternator and other accessories spin at stock speeds with NO underdrive. This is also important for stock or aftermarket supercharger systems. These systems are either driven off the alternator, air conditioning or power steering sections of the crank pulley and now you can use our stock diameter crank pulleys with these supercharger systems and have the same boost you had with the factory crank pulley.st level with the use of the factory diameter crank pulley.

100% of the power gains from the stock diameter pulleys comes only from weight reduction versus the factory crank pulley. The reduced weight allows for more power transfer to the drive wheels. Any of our accessory pulleys that are listed individually can be used in any combination with our stock diameter crank pulley or purchased as a set. The stock diameter crank pulleys are available in polished finish only.