HELP! Anyone with aftermarket slotted/drilled rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! Anyone with aftermarket slotted/drilled rotors

Wanted to get some input on those that have had slotted or drilled or both rotors on their TL's for any lenght of time. What do you have and how have they held up? I'm currently going through the process of putting in H&R springs, tokico shocks, and need new rotors in the front. With that said I figure I might as well replace everything all the way around and be done with it. There are a lot of people selling rotors off of ebay but who knows the quality of them or how long they will last. Anyone with some insight into this please respond. Also, what break pads are you running?
Old 05-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
You will find that many of the members on this forum run ROTORA slotted rotors. There are other brands too, like Powerslot, Brembo, and iRotor. The ROTORA slotted rotors are double disc ground and mill balanced to ensure all OE specifications and provide maximum stopping power. Over the OE rotors they will help reduce stopping distance, reduce warping, and dissipate heat better. I ran them personally on my CL-S with Axxis Ultimate brake pads ( I don't recommend these brake pads: too much dust and they squeal). For the pads, go with ROTORA H2 ceramic brake pads or EBC Greenstuff pads.

PM me if you want a price with your year, model and zip code and whether you want front and/or rear rotors and/or pads.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Excelerate
You will find that many of the members on this forum run ROTORA slotted rotors. There are other brands too, like Powerslot, Brembo, and iRotor. The ROTORA slotted rotors are double disc ground and mill balanced to ensure all OE specifications and provide maximum stopping power. Over the OE rotors they will help reduce stopping distance, reduce warping, and dissipate heat better. I ran them personally on my CL-S with Axxis Ultimate brake pads ( I don't recommend these brake pads: too much dust and they squeal). For the pads, go with ROTORA H2 ceramic brake pads or EBC Greenstuff pads.

PM me if you want a price with your year, model and zip code and whether you want front and/or rear rotors and/or pads.
Let me know a price for front and rear rotors and price on H2 brake pads individually for front and rear. I'm local so no shipping needed.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Advanced

hey bro, try 88rotors, they are not bad and the service they offer is excellent also. you can check them out at www.88rotors.com , i guaranteed you won't be disspointed !
Old 05-27-2006, 08:32 AM
SwaxStar33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I recently installed Brembo drilled and slotted front and back on my TL-S and used Akebono Pro-Act Pads...everything is still very new and not broken in but some far i'm pleased. Check HP Sportbrakes on Ebay
Old 05-27-2006, 09:16 PM
02 TL-s WDP

anybody have experience ROTORA H2 ceramic brake pads. How are they?

dust? noise? stoping power?

How do the compare to EBC Greenstuff pads or Pro satisfied ceramics ?

please respond!!
Old 05-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

i was thinking of getting the ebc red stuff pads and Irotors off of ebay.............Irotor's seem to be well thought of on this forum.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:06 AM
Stock TL

Originally Posted by Phesto
i was thinking of getting the ebc red stuff pads and Irotors off of ebay.............Irotor's seem to be well thought of on this forum.

installed rotora slotted with satisfied ceramic pads about 2k miles ago. nice upgrade from stock. less brake dust. i do notice higher sound when fast braking from 60 to 20.. but no warpage. i'm happy.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:31 PM
NSX & 3.2TL

I put Powerslot OEM size rotors on the front of my 99TL. I haven't noticed any performance difference, but then again, I don't push my TL very hard.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 AM
In 702, 808 in Dreams

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the 88rotors on my TL. I only have slotted only no drilled. Sign up on Honda-tech first and then look for the post in the sponsors section and they can get you a better deal though the honda-tech post. so just a piece of advice.

But if you can afford it go for the rotora from Excellerate. they are awsome from what i heard but i have not tried it. if i could i would.

i hope this helped. j
Old 06-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SwaxStar33
I recently installed Brembo drilled and slotted front and back on my TL-S and used Akebono Pro-Act Pads...everything is still very new and not broken in but some far i'm pleased. Check HP Sportbrakes on Ebay
I'm in the same boat right now, need my brakes done and want to upgrade my rotors, origianlly i was going to buy the brembo rotors off of ebay but found out that Brembo do not make cross drilled and slotted rotors alone for the tl. You would have to purchase the Grand Tourismo Big Brake kit to get cross drilled rotors, all the other rotors are brembo blanks that have been cross drilled and slotted by the company you purchased them from, i've herd good things and bad things about this, like they crack due to the heat and so forth. Brembo recomended DBA rotors(Disk Brake Austrilia) for the TL, i know HeelToe is having a Group Buy on Racing Brake rotors which from the website look pretty good, and the rotoras i've herd good things about.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Certified Rageaholic

Originally Posted by FreeIsGood
installed rotora slotted with satisfied ceramic pads about 2k miles ago. nice upgrade from stock. less brake dust. i do notice higher sound when fast braking from 60 to 20.. but no warpage. i'm happy.
I prefer the green stuff rather than the red stuff. I just changed my red stuff after only about 8 months of use. These wear out faster than green stuff. They also squeel a bit. I've switched back to green stuff due to the noise and short life.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:39 PM
02 TL-s WDP

Originally Posted by Tanginaglaz
I prefer the green stuff rather than the red stuff. I just changed my red stuff after only about 8 months of use. These wear out faster than green stuff. They also squeel a bit. I've switched back to green stuff due to the noise and short life.
How does the braking power differ between the red and green stuff?

does anybody know if our OEM brake pads are cermic or not?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tappy116
How does the braking power differ between the red and green stuff?

does anybody know if our OEM brake pads are cermic or not?
The OEM brake pads are a ceramic formulation.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:48 AM
10th Gear

im in the process of putting cross drilled and slotted all around should i put ebc green stuff pads all around i drive her hard so i need longevity out of my brakes help me please!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Intermediate

Powerslot Cryos

I just installed a set of Powerslot Cryos. Too early to tell.

SIDE NOTE:

Does anyone know anything about "Rotor retaining screws"? What's the deal with these? It seems to me that they aren't truly needed and may be actually contributing to warping (they don't get as tight as the studs thereby stressing the immediate area around them on the rotor... Speculation, of course).
Old 07-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by climberbry
I just installed a set of Powerslot Cryos. Too early to tell.

SIDE NOTE:

Does anyone know anything about "Rotor retaining screws"? What's the deal with these? It seems to me that they aren't truly needed and may be actually contributing to warping (they don't get as tight as the studs thereby stressing the immediate area around them on the rotor... Speculation, of course).
The screws just hold the rotor in place; they won't effect the rotor warpage.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KID NICE
im in the process of putting cross drilled and slotted all around should i put ebc green stuff pads all around i drive her hard so i need longevity out of my brakes help me please!!!
I got Irotors and EBC greenstuff,and i do push her a lot.I'm really satisfied with this setup
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Instructor

Brembo

Does anyone have the link for front slotted Brembo Rotors?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
I have the Racingbrake Rotors + Hawk HPS pads in the front ... so far, so good but I don't push my car very hard. Note: more brake dust than OEM.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Instructor

one of my brembos is already warped lol, im goin for just slotted not cross drilled.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:53 AM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
i drive my car extremely hard. i live in the ny metro area, so i became a pretty aggressive driver.

i use excelerate's product (rotora slotted rotors with H2 pads). i noticed that my stops are definitly more aggressive and bites considerably harder than brembo's with axxis ultimate pads. my brembo's got warped after a few months and my pads were squealing from miles away. once i made the switch to the rotora setup, i was getting less brake dust, better stops, stronger feel, and harder bite. only problem is, my pads are already starting to wear out and the rotors are starting to warp. i put about 20,000 miles on it so far. which means this is the longest setup i had on without something going wrong.

i was very satisfied for the price i paid (which seemed like a bargain in the first place). looks like i'll have to place another order in a few weeks.