greddy vs apexi

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greddy vs apexi

which one? apexi ws2 or a custom greddy evo 2??
Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 AM
Volks FTW!!!

depends what you're looking for. is it sound or looks? i hope you know exhausts don't really do anything for you performance wise.

for me personally, i think the greddy's sound nicer, but i'm not going to argue that they're better because i've personally never heard the apexi's. i have the evo 2's on my car and i wouldn't go with anything else. it's a VERY deep tone if that's what you like.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Wish it was dropped.....

Originally Posted by LeeDan00
depends what you're looking for. is it sound or looks? i hope you know exhausts don't really do anything for you performance wise.

for me personally, i think the greddy's sound nicer, but i'm not going to argue that they're better because i've personally never heard the apexi's. i have the evo 2's on my car and i wouldn't go with anything else. it's a VERY deep tone if that's what you like.
oh i know they dont do much for performance gains. i was just really wondering about the tone....i am just looking to keep it classy as our cars are. not too much but just enought rumble to let em know there is something lurking under that hood......

anyone with a good sound clip of the apexi ws2? i have been on youtube and they are mostly shitty clips of ppl just revving the engine and you cant hear the exhaust tones. someone had a clip when they drove off......thats what im looking for.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pizz419
oh i know they dont do much for performance gains. i was just really wondering about the tone....i am just looking to keep it classy as our cars are. not too much but just enought rumble to let em know there is something lurking under that hood......

anyone with a good sound clip of the apexi ws2? i have been on youtube and they are mostly shitty clips of ppl just revving the engine and you cant hear the exhaust tones. someone had a clip when they drove off......thats what im looking for.

if u type in apexi ws2 TL on youtube or google, a video will show up with a TL in the dark an all u can see are the taillights. it revs and drives off ANDDD comes back!! it sounds really nice. its the only vid iv found of ws2's on a TL on youtube.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Wish it was dropped.....

^^ thanks man! that really helps. sucks its a honda accord but it gives me an idea.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Burning Brakes

For are cars I like the ct but the greddy evo 2 sound good to.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

well my apexi ws2 should be here tomorrow. it will be a little before its on but ill def post a good sound clip once on!!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Sun☆Works FL

Yeah the WS2 will still keep things classy
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Racer

i just installed my WS2 last night, it sounds really nice...
aggressive, but deep
Old 03-20-2008, 10:09 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by BAPE head
i just installed my WS2 last night, it sounds really nice...
aggressive, but deep
x2,I love mine
Old 03-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Tanabe FTW...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Something is missing...my

Dude, that tanabe on youtube sounds wicked
Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Wish it was dropped.....

ok what do you all think....so i got my apexi ws2 on wednesday and should i get my cat removed and just run a str8 pipe from the headers to the bolt up with the cat back?? or leave it as is and just bolt up?? a pro shop is going to do the work for me. i really dont care about emmisions here in KY....we dont have to go through any testing here. opinions please?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:05 PM

IF you do a test pipe, you'll need to put an O2 sensor in.
I say leave it stock w/cat. If/when you sell teh car, you'll be hosing the guy who buys it.
Tell us how it sounds.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
GReddy=My favorite exhaust.

GReddy FTW.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

Originally Posted by bibledriver
IF you do a test pipe, you'll need to put an O2 sensor in.
I say leave it stock w/cat. If/when you sell teh car, you'll be hosing the guy who buys it.
Tell us how it sounds.
yeah forgot about the O2 sensor.....doesnt Excelerate carry high flow cats for our cars? I will def post a sound clip of it!!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Racer

yeah forgot about the O2 sensor.....doesnt Excelerate carry high flow cats for our cars? I will def post a sound clip of it!!
Yup, i know there are high flow cats for our car but they are pricey.

I am considering doing a Resonated-Test Pipe instead of just a Straight test pipe.

The reason for this is I don't want to be crazy loud if i just do a Straight test pipe.

but with both, you will still need an O2 Sim or you will be throwing codes

Some say with a test pipe the exhaust get's much louder AND deeper
SOme say it just get's deeper

Any opinions?
Old 03-22-2008, 01:47 PM

Yeah, random technology. Remember that they are geared for TL-P not S. S needs a little extension for the O2 sensor wires. I will get one when I get more gift money!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:48 PM

or maybe a OE intake spacer.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

Ok so here are some picts(no hardware is shown)...I am fairly mechanically inclined but def no expert. Do you think I should pay someone to put it on or try to tackle it myself with a helper? Its just sitting there screaming put me on for about a week...I have done cai intake, throttle body spacer, cleaned intake manifold, throttle body spacer, all rotors and pads by myself...What do ya think?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 PM

Tear it up bro. IF you can do TB spacer you can do this, easy. Beautiful. What is the material that the pipes are made of.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM
-Arsenic-

Its so easy to do bolt-on exhaust its not even funny.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

Originally Posted by bibledriver
Tear it up bro. IF you can do TB spacer you can do this, easy. Beautiful. What is the material that the pipes are made of.
i honestly dont know...the pipes feel like they are ceramic coated. its the APEXi WS2 thanks to MrHeeltoe! The cans are i guess stainless steel with i believe 4in tips...i cant effin wait to get them on. Its going to be nice this weekend Im gonna proly have my mechanic friend kinda supervise and do the damn thing!!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Damn that exhaust set up looks sweet. How much did it run you? I was looking into a nice deep tone(not too loud, but more like the G35)exhaust system for my ride. I pm'd a member on here who has magnaflows, he said they have a sweet deep tone to them that's low @ idle & noticable when driving. I just don't want to be drowned out by the exhaust tone inside the car when driving.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Wish it was dropped.....

Originally Posted by Napsoner
Damn that exhaust set up looks sweet. How much did it run you? I was looking into a nice deep tone(not too loud, but more like the G35)exhaust system for my ride. I pm'd a member on here who has magnaflows, he said they have a sweet deep tone to them that's low @ idle & noticable when driving. I just don't want to be drowned out by the exhaust tone inside the car when driving.
it wasnt too bad on the price. I paid right around $520 for it shipped to my front door. The box was effin huge! I am looking for the same thing as you as for sound. I guess Ill be the guinea pig on this one...I will post a sound clip once its on.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Racer

Ok so here are some picts(no hardware is shown)...I am fairly mechanically inclined but def no expert. Do you think I should pay someone to put it on or try to tackle it myself with a helper? Its just sitting there screaming put me on for about a week...I have done cai intake, throttle body spacer, cleaned intake manifold, throttle body spacer, all rotors and pads by myself...What do ya think?

the exhaust is very easy to install if you have a friend helping you. I did mine with my friends and it was very straightfoward. THe only trouble i ran into was one of my bolts to my CAT was totally seized so i had to torch it off.

you also need to order new shorter urathane hangers. cause if you use the stock hangers, the exhaust hangs too low.

the mufflers and tips are made of stainless steel and the mid pipe and y pipe are made of titanium particale coated steel. I sprayed mine glossy black High temp rust proof paint cause i live in canada and wanted to give them a touch more protection.

sounds soo deep and nice, you gonna love it
Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 PM
B A N N E D

how much did they run u?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Drifting

it wasnt too bad on the price. I paid right around $520 for it shipped to my front door. The box was effin huge! I am looking for the same thing as you as for sound. I guess Ill be the guinea pig on this one...I will post a sound clip once its on.

read the thread
Old 03-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Wish it was dropped.....

you also need to order new shorter urathane hangers. cause if you use the stock hangers, the exhaust hangs too low.

if i use the stock ones for now will it be so low i cant drive it? or does it just not look right with the stock hangers? where did you get your shorter urathane hangers?
Old 03-28-2008, 01:01 PM
-Arsenic-

if i use the stock ones for now will it be so low i cant drive it? or does it just not look right with the stock hangers? where did you get your shorter urathane hangers?
It will be ok, it just will look a little off. It will be fine until you get different hangers.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

^^ thanks. ill let you all know how it goes. im digging in after work!! i cant wait to hear them.....
Old 03-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Racer

^^ thanks. ill let you all know how it goes. im digging in after work!! i cant wait to hear them.....
have fun!! i love mod day!!! let's us know how long it takes.

Yea, you can still drive without the new hangers, it just looks kinda weird...but you won't scrap or anything.

I ordered mine and they should be here in about a week.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Ya....It's an Acura

Where can I order some of these urethane hangers?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:46 AM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
idea...

sometimes aftermarket xhaust's muffler is hekka shine like urs...actually thats most cases...from the bak itll look kinda ugly...

so b4 u put it on get some temp paint n paint the muffler part black n just leave the tips chrome...n since u dont have a bodykit yet...itll show alot of it...

i was thinking bout doing that to mine also...

just an idea...
Old 03-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Ya....It's an Acura

I think in future I'll pick up an apexi W2

The setup I have now is a little too noisy, and I think the apexi looks alot classier and isnt as obnoxious
Old 03-29-2008, 02:22 PM
-Arsenic-

Originally Posted by z3Ro
idea...

sometimes aftermarket xhaust's muffler is hekka shine like urs...actually thats most cases...from the bak itll look kinda ugly...

so b4 u put it on get some temp paint n paint the muffler part black n just leave the tips chrome...n since u dont have a bodykit yet...itll show alot of it...

i was thinking bout doing that to mine also...

just an idea...
I have been considering doing that
Old 03-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

well i got it on all by myself! im damn proud of myself too! the only problem i had was the bottom bolt off the cat stripped out and that was a bitch getting out(esp when your laying on the ground trying to do it) it has been replaced and it looks damn good and is just the sound i was looking for!! not too much but just enough sound to know that there is something lurking under the hood!

the actual time of installing was about 2-3 hours. it took longer to get the stripped bolt out than to install. and this is the 1st time i have ever tried something like this. so if you have a 14mm wrench and some elbow grease go for it, bec if I can do it ANYONE can!!

so about painting it....it really sounds like a good idea bec i put it on and it was all nice and shiny till today when it rained. It still looks damn good but like stated before there is so much of the cans visible and it will be almost impossible to keep them looking good.....so i might just go ahead and pull them back off this weeknend and paint them!! what kinda paint should i use?? it will have to be heat sensitive...or whatever its called.

i will post some picts when i get home and try to get a good sound clip for ya! it was DEF worth the money! and once again a thanks goes out to Mr Heeltoe!!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:46 PM
-Arsenic-

well i got it on all by myself! im damn proud of myself too! the only problem i had was the bottom bolt off the cat stripped out and that was a bitch getting out(esp when your laying on the ground trying to do it) it has been replaced and it looks damn good and is just the sound i was looking for!! not too much but just enough sound to know that there is something lurking under the hood!

the actual time of installing was about 2-3 hours. it took longer to get the stripped bolt out than to install. and this is the 1st time i have ever tried something like this. so if you have a 14mm wrench and some elbow grease go for it, bec if I can do it ANYONE can!!

so about painting it....it really sounds like a good idea bec i put it on and it was all nice and shiny till today when it rained. It still looks damn good but like stated before there is so much of the cans visible and it will be almost impossible to keep them looking good.....so i might just go ahead and pull them back off this weeknend and paint them!! what kinda paint should i use?? it will have to be heat sensitive...or whatever its called.

i will post some picts when i get home and try to get a good sound clip for ya! it was DEF worth the money! and once again a thanks goes out to Mr Heeltoe!!
The exhaust will "break-in" after driving it for a while. Mine did after about a month. Use flat black engine paint if you plan to paint it.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

^^ what do you mean by "break in"? the sound will change im assuming??
Old 03-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Wish it was dropped.....

here it is with stock hangers....its dirty as hell already from the rain today

Quick Reply: greddy vs apexi