Crank pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Word

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crank pulleys

i have been told something about crank pulleys is it true that the stock stereo and heading system barely work after you put those on

has anyone ever had any problems with them or is it just a myth ?

let me know lol love my stereo dont want to screw that up haha
Old 05-20-2010, 11:40 PM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts
UR says anything higher than 600 watts and you can't run the underdrive pulley. I'm guessing that should be the case for other underdrive pulleys.

If you have more than a 600 watt system, get the stock size pulley.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:41 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The stock size pulley won't pose any problems.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Word

ok but with ur pulleys you still get gains because there lighter than the stock pulleys right you just lose the underdrive gains or somethign

is that right ?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Drifting

I believe both the underdrive and stock size pulley gain the same because of the lighter weight.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Word

alright sweet then stock diameter pulleys it is for me with those i should look into getting a serpentine belt right ?
Old 05-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Unless you have a large stereo you can run the underdrive pulley. It wont effect your stereo. If you have a large stereo then you need the stock size. Both are much lighter than stock and will give you good gains. Get the correct belt/new belt for which ever one you get.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:25 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
large stereo=stock size, but otherwise underdrive is perfectly fine (but you do lose of of your a/c at idle though (compressor spins slower)
but for the p/s, it actually probably needs more of an underdrive if you ask me, too light feeling
Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by friesm2000
large stereo=stock size, but otherwise underdrive is perfectly fine (but you do lose of of your a/c at idle though (compressor spins slower)
but for the p/s, it actually probably needs more of an underdrive if you ask me, too light feeling
Mine works just fine at idle
Old 05-21-2010, 05:36 PM
2003 Accord Coupe V6

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
I bought the stock size UR crank pulley and its been nothing but great with no problems. You really don't need to get the underdrive pulley. then you have to change the belt. The 6lbs difference between the stock pulley and stock diameter UR pulley is where the gain is. You won't notice any difference between the stock size ur pulley and underdrive ur pulley. it is so minimal.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Mine works just fine at idle
yeah it is fine, once the car is cooled down, but after baking in the sun for a couple of hours (and don't forget my car is also black, but tan interior though), it takes a while to actually be able to cool down the cabin (and i do already got 16% tint btw)

other then we you are putting a full load on it, it works no problem
Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by SatinSilverAV6
I bought the stock size UR crank pulley and its been nothing but great with no problems. You really don't need to get the underdrive pulley. then you have to change the belt. The 6lbs difference between the stock pulley and stock diameter UR pulley is where the gain is. You won't notice any difference between the stock size ur pulley and underdrive ur pulley. it is so minimal.
also part of the reason i want to switch from my underdrive one (it came on the car when i bought it )
Old 05-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
temporary threadjack related to ac issues

fries and others- a great way to cool the TL after sunbaking

rear windows down- fronts closed,
Get moving
AC to ON-fresh air- not recirc
fan to 5
As you drive forward a low/negative pressure is created outside the car/rear windows
High pressure likes to flow to low- so the inside hot air wants out, and the new fresh air coming in at full blast assist that movement

You cant cool air- you can only remove/displace heat

Once the hot air is out after a few minutes- and some cool is taking over the space, roll up the rear windows and let ac keep filling the cabin
turn fan down to comfortable level
Switch to auto mode at 68 or manual control cars do whatever you need to adjust comfort
Use recirc once its cold inside the car- switching to fresh now and then to get new air introduced thru the cabin air filter

works in my scorching hot area where 100+ will be normal soon
got to make room for the car in garage this year~

Tip: reflectex foil taped inside the moonroof glass is a radiant heat barrier- can greatly reduce inside temps,, for a few dollars material from any hardware store
Works in house attics too, repels sun heat from entering thru roof- ck it out- search radiant barrier on the internet
Old 05-23-2010, 12:29 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
temporary threadjack related to ac issues

fries and others- a great way to cool the TL after sunbaking

rear windows down- fronts closed,
Get moving
AC to ON-fresh air- not recirc
fan to 5
As you drive forward a low/negative pressure is created outside the car/rear windows
High pressure likes to flow to low- so the inside hot air wants out, and the new fresh air coming in at full blast assist that movement

You cant cool air- you can only remove/displace heat

Once the hot air is out after a few minutes- and some cool is taking over the space, roll up the rear windows and let ac keep filling the cabin
turn fan down to comfortable level
Switch to auto mode at 68 or manual control cars do whatever you need to adjust comfort
Use recirc once its cold inside the car- switching to fresh now and then to get new air introduced thru the cabin air filter

works in my scorching hot area where 100+ will be normal soon
got to make room for the car in garage this year~

Tip: reflectex foil taped inside the moonroof glass is a radiant heat barrier- can greatly reduce inside temps,, for a few dollars material from any hardware store
Works in house attics too, repels sun heat from entering thru roof- ck it out- search radiant barrier on the internet
thank you very much for the tip lol

but anyways about the moonroof, i ain't taping shit to the inside of mine , cause i already got mine tinted darker then factory, so i am not go to run the possibility of screwing up that tint
maybe not as effective as your said tape, but still does more though then stock
and anyways the shade is always closed which helps block some more of the heat out,
but yeah the big thing that i gotta remember to do more often is tilt the sunroof when i park so some of the heat can escape (on the sunshade i slid it back like a 1" maybe, just enough for air to flow)

and hell about that sunroof, i would almost not even care if i did not even have one at times, the most i do with it, is tilt it, with the the sunshade just cracked, enough for some airflow, other then that it stays closed (i am more an windows closed type of driver, or if a window is open, it is like 3-4" open at max