Anybody with JVT headers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Regional Coordinator (SoCal)

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
Anybody with JVT headers?

Alright.. so I'm in the process of getting rid of my XS Power Headers because it's making my whole exhaust/muffler shake (cause of the modded flex pipe). I'm looking for alternative headers that don't have any problems and that's less than $200. And these are the only ones I can find via eBay.. Searched the thread and heard good reviews on these but I've never came upon anyone here that has actually bought them, installed, and ran with them on. So anybody here have any experience with these headers?

I realize that the newer headers nowadays have been revised with 2 flex pipes instead of one. i think i'm either gonna choose between the megans, dc sports, or jvt.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by xtremex626
Alright.. so I'm in the process of getting rid of my XS Power Headers because it's making my whole exhaust/muffler shake (cause of the modded flex pipe). I'm looking for alternative headers that don't have any problems and that's less than $200. And these are the only ones I can find via eBay.. Searched the thread and heard good reviews on these but I've never came upon anyone here that has actually bought them, installed, and ran with them on. So anybody here have any experience with these headers?

I realize that the newer headers nowadays have been revised with 2 flex pipes instead of one. i think i'm either gonna choose between the megans, dc sports, or jvt.
What modded flex pipe. The header shouldnt be causing the exhaust to swing. If it does something isnt installed right.

Also you wont find an alternative header for 200 bucks thats better. Find what your problem is.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:58 AM

Modded flex pipe as in the original flex pipe was cut off and welded on with a straight pipe, thus causing the whole exhaust to be unable to "flex".. it's very stiff under the car right now.. I loosened all the bolts as stated by jjashaa.. and then retightened them down with a torque wrench @ 14lbs each. the flex pipe is there for a reason.. and that's to reduce engine shaking.. but yes.. i will agree that headers will not go for that cheap unless it's used.. so i might be thinking of keeping these and just paying the extra to get the flex pipe welded back on. thanks for responding though.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:49 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Modded flex pipe as in the original flex pipe was cut off and welded on with a straight pipe, thus causing the whole exhaust to be unable to "flex".. it's very stiff under the car right now.. I loosened all the bolts as stated by jjashaa.. and then retightened them down with a torque wrench @ 14lbs each. the flex pipe is there for a reason.. and that's to reduce engine shaking.. but yes.. i will agree that headers will not go for that cheap unless it's used.. so i might be thinking of keeping these and just paying the extra to get the flex pipe welded back on. thanks for responding though.
so why was a straight pipe welded in , maybe, just maybe get a new flex pipe section welded in, that is actually flexable, so it can't shake the rest of the exhaust
Old 12-12-2009, 04:40 AM

^ yeah.. that's what i'm going to do. new flex pipe it is!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Why would you get rid of the flex pipe and why didnt you say that to begin with. Go to summit or to jegs and get a quality flex pipe and have it welded in.