xpel protection kit installation: hard? instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 03:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xpel protection kit installation: hard? instructions?

i am planning on buying some xpel stuff to protect my lights and probably the side mirrors as well. so i am wondering how hard is it to install the kits myself?

they say that the instruction will come with the kits, but i just want to have a brief idea on how hard it is to install the kit. i definitely don't want to go to any of the installation center.

after breaking my fog light and replacing it for around 60 bucks, i am definitely going for the 70 bucks headlamps + fogs set.

thanks for the info.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:18 PM
Pro

The more curve on the lamps the harder. I believe the Acura lenses are easier than the Lexus GS300.

I got mine for my Infiniti 3 months ago and still doesn't have time to do it. My 2 years old daughter keep saying she want to help.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Had a shop do it, sounded like a pain to install, of course I had them do bumper kits and other custom stuff.

Does it affect your breakage warranty if you install it versus a 'professional' installer?
Old 10-25-2001, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Cool

I put on the light kit myself...my only advises to use a blow dryer to help street the film out and to use lots of water. Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

DT
Old 10-25-2001, 03:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I have done Xpel protection on 3 cars.

The TL is not that difficult except for the hood piece.

The instruction video tape does not usually ship with the kit. Please make sure that you ask for it.

Also, do not use too much regular water, actually use the soap solution that Xpel recommend that you mix.

As long as you have enough soap water between the paint and Xpel it will not stick. I recommend that when aligning the hood piece, start from the middle of the grille. and work your way toward the side. do one side 1st so you can adjust it.

regards
Old 10-25-2001, 11:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

ok, sounds like it's not the easiest thing to do. so along with the kit they will send me written instruction right? and if i request the video instruction, how much extra would i pay?

i really reall think i will at least get the lamps + fog kits, and most likely the side mirrors + hood one. definitely need to do more analysis.

another question, probably a dumb one. my car is in the garage, and how i be able to use a hair dryer on that? (i live in apartment and by garage i mean those with 50 cars in it)... any alternative?