Wire harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wire harness

Purchased a 1999 TL a couple of weeks ago as a first car for my soon to be 16 yo daughter. Threw a code for the crankshaft position sensor so tore it down to get at it. Problem is the harness connector has been cut off (this I can splice but would rather have the connector). While pulling out the wires several more came with it. Looks like the previous owner taped the wire to the top of the oil pressure switch (no connector) and tried soldering wires to the inside of the connector to the valve timing oil pressure switch (wires cut flush with the connector).

So I'm looking to replace the harness or sub harness for these 3 items and can't find the a description of devices associated with the various harnesses listed online.

I'm also willing to just splice the connectors if they come with a pigtail.

So my questions are:

Can I purchase connectors with pigtails? (Acura dealership only sells the whole harness and won't replace connectors)

What is the part # of the harness(es) for these 3 items? (I assume they are all within the same harness)

Thanks,

Tom
Old 03-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
If your looking for the cheapest way out i would think the Junkyard would be your best bet i could be wrong. As for harness connectors same answer. Also for wiring i know i have used alldata.com in the past. It may assist you if your planning on doing it yourself. Another person who does wiring is rywire.com they may or may not have a harness at a reasonable price.(never dealt with them just heard of them) Good luck hope this helps.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Can you show me pic of the plug ( female connector) that needed pigtail. I have alot pigtail plug that should fit them from my left over wire harness. If your trying find used wire harness make sure its from 99 b/c that only one will work not like other years.

BTW: i'm in Marietta an if your close i can help you out
Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Okay just found out some more information as far as new clips, if your still checking your thread lol. The site you want to visit is www.newunitedracetech.com They have all the clips you need. But i will warn you better know your $h!t, and more then likely still more expensive then going to junkyard. Good luck