Will this gauge pod fit my car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will this gauge pod fit my car?

I have a tls and will be adding some gauges to it. I was wondering if anyone else has this gauge pod setup on their car. Its supposed to fit the cls and i am sure it does, but has anyone put this on a TLS?
http://www.gaugepods.com/acura.html
Old 11-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Who Dis Is?

sure it will.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
The A-pillar is different in the CL and TL. The CL A-pillar gauge pod will not be a perfect fit on the TL. But you could get one and modify it to make it fit.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

y would someone want to fit the A-pillar with some gauges in a TL? What look are you trying to go for with the front wheel drive TL?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Racer

I assume Rice Rocket. lol...Unfortunately...this is a luxury sedan...if you want to to put those...get a civic.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:18 AM
Dragging knees in

It really depends on the application, though. If I were to go FI on my TL, then I would definitely get a gauge pod for boost, oil pressure, etc.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by WiLLs TypE S
I assume Rice Rocket. lol...Unfortunately...this is a luxury sedan...if you want to to put those...get a civic.
i dont see how gauges is rice. First of all, it looks pretty clean and blends with the car, it doesnt light bright colors so you dont get those ricer looks.
Finally, i am running a CT SC w/hbp, and in order to tune the car properly, i will need gauges.

Since when is having gauges a rice thing to do?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
It really depends on the application, though. If I were to go FI on my TL, then I would definitely get a gauge pod for boost, oil pressure, etc.
I agree, i wouldnt even consider gauges if it werent for the boost.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Dragging knees in

It's OK, power. They are noobs. They have much to learn.

Just kidding. Gauges aren't automatically "rice". It's a necessity depending on application. It's rice when a fag boy with a Cavalier has multiple pods that are not even hooked up.

My buddy with a GTP running low 12's has gauges on the A-pillar for boost, oil pressure, and fuel pressure. That's cool.

Another friend with a turbocharged SVT Contour has gauges, too. They are necessary for checking proper operation of the car.

But if I were to get a gauge pod for, say, fuel pressure, oil pressure or whatever, then it would be questionable, since I don't really need them.

Get my drift??
Old 12-01-2004, 02:22 AM
Who Dis Is?

I've got a Nitrous guage but I don't run nitrous and an airbag guage but I don't have airbags.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:24 AM
Who Dis Is?

They're both being installed on saturday
Old 12-01-2004, 03:16 AM

Just kidding. Gauges aren't automatically "rice". It's a necessity depending on application. It's rice when a fag boy with a Cavalier has multiple pods that are not even hooked up.

My buddy with a GTP running low 12's has gauges on the A-pillar for boost, oil pressure, and fuel pressure. That's cool.

Another friend with a turbocharged SVT Contour has gauges, too. They are necessary for checking proper operation of the car.

But if I were to get a gauge pod for, say, fuel pressure, oil pressure or whatever, then it would be questionable, since I don't really need them.

Get my drift??
pa, you make sense, its just that i didnt think the tl forum is this bad, i mean if they arent going to say anything helpful, why say anything at all. its not like i put on a bunch of stickers and put neon lights everywhere!
i am going to call lo-tek tomorrow to see what they say.
BTW, to all the noobs that dont get it, check out some of the High Hp cars on the CLS forum. Everyone there who is running serious mods and power have gauges, its a necessity and most of the people with boost have really nice cars on top of it.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by power3dfx
pa, you make sense, its just that i didnt think the tl forum is this bad, i mean if they arent going to say anything helpful, why say anything at all. its not like i put on a bunch of stickers and put neon lights everywhere!
i am going to call lo-tek tomorrow to see what they say.
BTW, to all the noobs that dont get it, check out some of the High Hp cars on the CLS forum. Everyone there who is running serious mods and power have gauges, its a necessity and most of the people with boost have really nice cars on top of it.
Indeed.

I think AcuraZine really has a mixed crowd. We have people equipping their TLs with 20" chrome wheels, limo tints, and a crazy system; we also have people with neon lights. Then we have people running crazy fast times, all about performance.

Personally, I enjoy the diversity myself. If I ever got the urge to get neon lights , then I could come here and ask. Someone's bound to know.

It's better than other forums I go to, where people are really biased. I posted pictures on LS2 of my car, and they called me a ricer, and that someone should direct me to the rice board.

Sucks for them for being so close-minded. Their loss, not mine. I hope they get through their lives OK with that mindset. If they don't, fuck 'em. :P
Old 12-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Get my drift??
agreed pods arent RICE if they are done cleanly (so that they arent the focal point of the interior like many like to do) and are actaully used for something.
ive thought about getting them for a tranny temp gauge and a oilpressure.temp gauge, and or a volt gauge