why do people have to be so inconsiderate

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 02:45 PM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why do people have to be so inconsiderate

so i was walking back from the chow hall to my car today and noticed that some @$$hole desided he wanted to stuff the shit out of my bumper. doesnt look like he did it with a car but maybe like a shoping cart or something. i just really dont understand people.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Registered Abuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like grounds for a beat down. How bad is the damage...?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Don't you love when you come out of a club or a bar and someone is leaning or sitting on your car.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Yes it is!

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Don't you love when you come out of a club or a bar and someone is leaning or sitting on your car.
I've had goddamn salesman at the Acura dealer do this to me.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by TLofNYC
sounds like grounds for a beat down. How bad is the damage...?
its not bad i can prob wax it out. but that is besides the point. i part my car in the edge of the parking lot and as close the the curb as i can. (the spots can fit a full sized truck comfortably.) its backed in so there should be nobody near that side of the car or even near the car at all for that matter. and i still get shit like this.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I=X - optomos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats why I have learned to walk long distances. When in doubt park furthur away.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:58 PM

i would not think twice about slitting his throat. that would be a dead man.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by optomos
Thats why I have learned to walk long distances. When in doubt park furthur away.
i park far away. the car that i park next too is a friends who doesnt drive it he is driving a diff car. and even then a 70's 2 door cadilac could open the doors all the way and would not touch me.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Racer

It seems no matter how far away you park there is always a a-hole that parks next to you. I'm lucky because we have reserved parking at work so I know who is on the left and right of me everyday and I have never got a door ding from them. They know I would flip the hell out if the smallest ding showed up on my car. I feel your pain. I hope it rubs out for you.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by 1osunut
It seems no matter how far away you park there is always a a-hole that parks next to you. I'm lucky because we have reserved parking at work so I know who is on the left and right of me everyday and I have never got a door ding from them. They know I would flip the hell out if the smallest ding showed up on my car. I feel your pain. I hope it rubs out for you.
That is so true, I park in the boondocks and still there will be cars parked next to me. I take up 1 1/2 spaces when I park and they still feel the need to park next to me.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Fallen

Agree!
Argh, I am at the point which my frustration toward people's thoughtlessness
just numbs the anger when I find new Ding on my car.

I have Roughly 7 dings on my beautiful car!!
One is almost 2 cm in diameter and friggn deep as a hell.

As I said, Im at the point of giving up being mad at people because they are
just inconsiderate assholes and there is nothing I can do to protect my car except
parking where noone would want to. (Yet there are damn people out there who
still manage to leave nasty ding on the car)

I would do anything to protect my car..... Every time I see a big ding on the driver
seat side front door, my heart tears apart...

Just wanted to vent as the topic was brought up... Ahh..
Old 04-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I hate people like that. Especially the idiots who instead of walking 20 feet for a cart corral, they decide to wedge it close to your car so they can back out. or leave teh cart so that it can be blown across the parking lot into other cars
Old 04-04-2006, 05:14 PM
UB6IB9

Originally Posted by Rpappi
i would not think twice about slitting his throat. that would be a dead man.
A litle too crazy,but we get the ponit.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

..Talk about a reason to slap the shit out of someone!

Yeah I know about the stop the violence. but damn. STOP THE STUPIDITY!!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by 1st timer
A litle too crazy,but we get the ponit.
not too crazy at all. if someone has that much disrespect then they WILL get what they deserve.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Banned

i feel all your pain people....
Old 04-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
im lucky i have underground parking at my complex.. all assigned too, plus the spot next to mine is also assigned to me, so no one parks next to me.

i take the ferry across the river to get to nyc everyday. only time i have to worry about my car is if i go out shopping. jersey city and bayonne is definitly the worse places to park.

like last week when i went to pick up some food (YES pick up!!!! a quick in-and-out deal), and as soon as i come out, someone already backed up and cracked my front bumper. he backed up so hard that the freakin front plate bracket was buried INTO my bumper.. i had to yank it out. now there's a huge rectangular gash in my front bumper...

SUCKS!
Old 04-04-2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by aaronnn
im lucky i have underground parking at my complex.. all assigned too, plus the spot next to mine is also assigned to me, so no one parks next to me.

i take the ferry across the river to get to nyc everyday. only time i have to worry about my car is if i go out shopping. jersey city and bayonne is definitly the worse places to park.

like last week when i went to pick up some food (YES pick up!!!! a quick in-and-out deal), and as soon as i come out, someone already backed up and cracked my front bumper. he backed up so hard that the freakin front plate bracket was buried INTO my bumper.. i had to yank it out. now there's a huge rectangular gash in my front bumper...

SUCKS!
sorry to hear that man. did he take off or leave it parked in your bumper.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Racer

Seems like I'm not the only one who cannot stand door dings. I will tell you all my secret against door dings, get in good with the Dent Wizard guy. I'm lucky enough to work at a Honda Dealership (17 years) and we have a dent guy show up every thursday. If I ever get a mark of any kind I can throw him a 20 and he will take it out. I hope I don't jinx myself but I have not had a ding of anykind in over 6 months. I recommend the paintless dent removal. I have seen horrible dents on the body or site line taken out completly. The guy that we have is so good that when he is done you would never know he touched it.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:21 PM

Seems like I'm not the only one who cannot stand door dings. I will tell you all my secret against door dings, get in good with the Dent Wizard guy. I'm lucky enough to work at a Honda Dealership (17 years) and we have a dent guy show up every thursday. If I ever get a mark of any kind I can throw him a 20 and he will take it out. I hope I don't jinx myself but I have not had a ding of anykind in over 6 months. I recommend the paintless dent removal. I have seen horrible dents on the body or site line taken out completly. The guy that we have is so good that when he is done you would never know he touched it.
how much does he charge for a quarter sized ding. roughly
Old 04-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Fallen

Wow sounds awsome. Man, I seriously need dent removal. The biggest ding I have is visible from 100 meters away.. No joke!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Racer

The guy that I know charges people off the street $50.00 to remove a few dents. The most I ever saw him charge was $100.00 and the car was loaded with dents. He took a golf ball size dent out of my 89 Prelude decklid like it was nothing. The guy works magic. We are having a car show at our dealership on June 10th and he might have a table set up to remove dents. I would look into having somebody in your area remove your dents. The technology has gotten to the point where they remove dents that you would never think possible.

Anybody interested in coming to our show should look OFF TOPIC under Acura / Honda only Car Show - Cleveland,Oh
Old 04-05-2006, 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=1osunut]The guy that I know charges people off the street $50.00 to remove a few dents. The most I ever saw him charge was $100.00 and the car was loaded with dents. He took a golf ball size dent out of my 89 Prelude decklid like it was nothing. The guy works magic. We are having a car show at our dealership on June 10th and he might have a table set up to remove dents. I would look into having somebody in your area remove your dents. The technology has gotten to the point where they remove dents that you would never think possible.QUOTE]
50 bucks for a few dents isnt bad i have 2 i want out.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:50 PM

The guy that I know charges people off the street $50.00 to remove a few dents. The most I ever saw him charge was $100.00 and the car was loaded with dents. He took a golf ball size dent out of my 89 Prelude decklid like it was nothing. The guy works magic. We are having a car show at our dealership on June 10th and he might have a table set up to remove dents. I would look into having somebody in your area remove your dents. The technology has gotten to the point where they remove dents that you would never think possible.

Anybody interested in coming to our show should look OFF TOPIC under Acura / Honda only Car Show - Cleveland,Oh

50 bucks for a few dents i have 2 i want to get out
Old 04-06-2006, 08:29 AM
10th Gear

Yes, definitely get in good with one of those guys because they'll rip you off if you're just some joe schmoe off the street. I went to a Dent Wizard a couple years ago to remove 3 small dents and they wanted over 280 for it.

Recently this old man in a work truck dented the hell out of my passenger door. Luckily I was there and took his information down and made him pay for it. The dent was probably 6 inches up and down (that sounded funny) but it went across the transition part of the door so the Acura dealer said a dent guy can't fix it 100%. It was true, the dent guy they recommended said he can't fix it totally because of where and how hard it was hit. But he only charge me 150 to do it and an additional 75 to remove the 6 OTHER smaller dents around my car so I made out pretty well. I can still sorta tell something happened there, but at least its not visible from across the parking lot anymore.

I'd talk to your dealership body shop because they recommended this guy to me. He even fed me lunch while i waited!
Old 04-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah, many stupid people around man...I actually saw some guys with trucks (4 of them), throwing the cart into my type R and then just storm out as quickly as possible.
Sorry to hear what happened man...
Old 04-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone ever tried dry ice? i use it on the small dings and it will take them out i just leave my car out in the sun and barely touch it to the dent and VOILA it will pop back out. Much cheaper than paying someone
Old 04-07-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by georgy_d28
Anyone ever tried dry ice? i use it on the small dings and it will take them out i just leave my car out in the sun and barely touch it to the dent and VOILA it will pop back out. Much cheaper than paying someone
are there any chances that it will damage the paint. and how hot does it have to be out side???if there is a slight nick in the paint is it going to crack??