Where to get "Final Inspection 34"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to get "Final Inspection 34"?

My friend told me that on the auto show circuit the people talk about a product called "Final Inspection 34" that they highly recommend. It is a quick liquid detailer but is high quality, etc. I need something like this to keep my black tl-s looking good between washes/waxes. I am looking to buy this product. If you have heard about it or use it let me know the results and where you got it? Thanks-
Old 09-04-2001, 09:02 PM
Pro

Found it in Yahoo. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/dealeral...infinen34.html
Old 09-04-2001, 09:06 PM
No, you are a dork.

Re: Where to get "Final Inspection 34"?

Originally posted by TedV
My friend told me that on the auto show circuit the people talk about a product called "Final Inspection 34" that they highly recommend. It is a quick liquid detailer but is high quality, etc. I need something like this to keep my black tl-s looking good between washes/waxes. I am looking to buy this product. If you have heard about it or use it let me know the results and where you got it? Thanks-
Dont buy any of that silicone based crap....You need to go to www.zainobros.com and cal sal and ask him who the dealer is in your area. Pick up some of this and you will never switch back...
Old 09-04-2001, 09:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Hey that's Meguiars QD product. It's really not that bad. Very slippery. It's ok just be very careful on a black car. I'd buy a microfiber towel to QD your car. Anything else will probably scratch.

BTW it's available at any auto parts store.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:41 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
No34 is available at AutoZone and any decent body shop that carries Meguiar's. I buy it by the gallon from a pro body shop.
I have been able to use it to clean heavily dusted cars with no scratching with just terry towels - the fliuid emulsifiers in No34 float the dirt off the surface and it just wicks into the towel. I salso like to detail the interior, dash, and lightly mist the gauges and screens to clean them. It leaves an anti-static effect.

And what, pray tell, is so wrong with silicones? They are probably the greatest advancement in automobile finish protection ever. Not only do they extend the protection of the wax, add durability, provide protection from the sun's rays, but their very nature makes it easier to apply polish, and get a smooth and even coverage.

Most common of the various silicones is di-methyl-polysilloxane.
Old 09-05-2001, 01:11 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Meguiar's also makes a product called Final Inspection that does the same thing, spray on between washes and wipe off.

Not sure if it's the same thing. Check out the website at www.meguiars.com .
Old 09-05-2001, 07:39 AM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by Road Rage
No34 is available at AutoZone and any decent body shop that carries Meguiar's. I buy it by the gallon from a pro body shop.
I have been able to use it to clean heavily dusted cars with no scratching with just terry towels - the fliuid emulsifiers in No34 float the dirt off the surface and it just wicks into the towel. I salso like to detail the interior, dash, and lightly mist the gauges and screens to clean them. It leaves an anti-static effect.

And what, pray tell, is so wrong with silicones? They are probably the greatest advancement in automobile finish protection ever. Not only do they extend the protection of the wax, add durability, provide protection from the sun's rays, but their very nature makes it easier to apply polish, and get a smooth and even coverage.

Most common of the various silicones is di-methyl-polysilloxane.
The following is a direct quote from Sal Zaino in response to one of my many questions about the differences between Zaino and "everything else:......

Silicone oil is inexpensive, greasy, smeary, not durable, but shines
like crazy. Just try Pledge furniture polish on your car. Voila same
shine. Hmm. Pledge is loaded with silicone oil, so is Armor All tire
dressing. Did you ever notice how greasy, smeary and dusty, furniture
looks with Pledge on it. How soon does your car get dusty after you
polish/wax with your favorite product????? When does the gloss start
to drop??? I already know..

Now here's the best part. Silicone oil and other oils are an essential
ingredient of Carnauba based products. It's the only way to achieve a
shine. That's why it's used in all Carnauba based polish/wax. However,
it has no durability, does not last and it attracts dust and dirt like a
magnet and once dust settles on it, it sticks to it. Dust on paint
causes tiny Swirls and Scratches. Also Carnauba is very brittle. It will
not stay on the paint surface for any length of time. Most of the time
less than 3 weeks....... The sun also effects Carnauba based products.
The sunnier and hotter it gets, the faster it deteriorates. Remember wax
melts and oils tend to migrate to the surface and evaporate... Sad but
true.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
SAL ZAINO IS GOD
Old 09-05-2001, 07:59 AM
Not a Blowhole

That last quote from Sal is so full of inaccuracies and half-truths that I do not know where to begin. I will say that he either does not have adequate knowledge of the composition of wax and the silicones I mentioned or is trying to obscure the facts he knows to put his product in an advatageous position - that is common in the wax business.

Example: All waxes are crystalline - it is the orientation of the crystals that reflects light and gives the shine. Same with resins whether natural or synthetic.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can find it at PEP BOYS, TRAK AUTO, major auto stores that carry car waxes & washes ,polishes, car stuff.
Its made by Meguairs. It works good to keep the car looking clean form light dirt, water spots bird poop. I have used it for quite a few years I just ran out of it yesterday. Someone posted about the Zaino ULTRA CLAEN GLOSS ENHANCER detailing product I agee its the best that I have used. The only reason I went back to the #34 Final Inspection from Meguiars was that I ran out off Zaino.
The Zaino cost more but its well worth it & on my next order of Zaino produts I will stock up on it again.
The Final Inspection is easy to find & cost about $6- $7 per bottle.
Make sure to use 100% cotton Terry Towels American made if possible.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:34 AM
Instructor

try this website. he sells it all. www.carcareonline.com , he sells to detail shops so he sells the stuff in large quantities. I'm trying One Grand Blitz Quick Detailer. This guy will give you great reccomedations.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:36 AM
No, you are a dork.

That last quote from Sal is so full of inaccuracies and half-truths that I do not know where to begin. I will say that he either does not have adequate knowledge of the composition of wax and the silicones I mentioned or is trying to obscure the facts he knows to put his product in an advatageous position - that is common in the wax business.

Example: All waxes are crystalline - it is the orientation of the crystals that reflects light and gives the shine. Same with resins whether natural or synthetic.
Are you in the wax business? Zaino is not a wax. Silicones were the greatest advancement in the automobile finish protection if...........you like to constantly wipe away the dust and grime that it attracts.....That is not the case with Zaino........My only point is this.......as I said, I have waxed many cars with many different types of waxes and polish and this is the best polish I have ever seen, 10 fold. Not just for how it makes the car look, but for how it protects the car. Nothing sticks to the paint........
Old 09-05-2001, 09:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Try the link above, I use the Pinnacle Crystal Mist Quick Detailer spray, works good after washing/waxing.
Old 09-05-2001, 03:30 PM
Not a Blowhole

Let's not split hairs over names: wax, polish, whatever - the point you seemed to miss is that one has to question the source of information when it is of questionable accuracy.

It is common practice in the law - once impeached, a witness' followup testimony is suspect - same with someone who claims to be an expert and then misstates fact. That is my point.

And no, I don't sell wax, or polish, or glaze, or whatever fashionable name a marketer comes up for a automobile finish product. Let's stick to thoughtful discourse, not childish suspicion of motive. I have posted here a long time, and my sole purpose is to learn, ahave some fun, share knoweldge and wisdom from alifetime of automobile experience, and debunk BOVINE SCATOLOGY when I smell it.

I am glad you like Zaino products, but the posts I see are starting to get cultish - point is, the claim of multiple coatings etc is logically questionable. Think about it - as dirt, corrosive airborne materials etc accumulate in the "wax", they eventually have to be removed. Removal entails chemical and mechanical cleaners - is Sal claiming that those materials can discriminate between adulterants and the polish itself? Doubt it. I previously posted about scientific tests of another "coating" product gthat didn't, and one of my fellow SAE friends works for 3M and says the claim is baloney.

One other thing - Dawn liquid detergent in pure form will not strip off a silicone enhanced wax significantly - clean the hood with it when it has been diluted, then dry, then see if the surface still beads - on my car it did. Hmmmm, another questional Sal claim....getting a picture?
Old 09-05-2001, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hehe, a little off topic but, is it "zay-no" or "zan-yo". I've said it in my head a million times becuase its all over the board. Figured I may as well get it right .
Old 09-05-2001, 05:45 PM
No, you are a dork.

Let's not split hairs over names: wax, polish, whatever - the point you seemed to miss is that one has to question the source of information when it is of questionable accuracy.

It is common practice in the law - once impeached, a witness' followup testimony is suspect - same with someone who claims to be an expert and then misstates fact. That is my point.

And no, I don't sell wax, or polish, or glaze, or whatever fashionable name a marketer comes up for a automobile finish product. Let's stick to thoughtful discourse, not childish suspicion of motive. I have posted here a long time, and my sole purpose is to learn, ahave some fun, share knoweldge and wisdom from alifetime of automobile experience, and debunk BOVINE SCATOLOGY when I smell it.

I am glad you like Zaino products, but the posts I see are starting to get cultish - point is, the claim of multiple coatings etc is logically questionable. Think about it - as dirt, corrosive airborne materials etc accumulate in the "wax", they eventually have to be removed. Removal entails chemical and mechanical cleaners - is Sal claiming that those materials can discriminate between adulterants and the polish itself? Doubt it. I previously posted about scientific tests of another "coating" product gthat didn't, and one of my fellow SAE friends works for 3M and says the claim is baloney.

One other thing - Dawn liquid detergent in pure form will not strip off a silicone enhanced wax significantly - clean the hood with it when it has been diluted, then dry, then see if the surface still beads - on my car it did. Hmmmm, another questional Sal claim....getting a picture?
Someone who claims to be an expert and then misstates fact? I dont think I ever refered to anyone as an "expert" including Sal, and especially you. I havent used Zaino for years but from MY EXPERIENCE it is the best stuff on the market. Quite simple actually..........Notice I said, my experience, not yours and not Sal's. As far as dirt, corrosive airborne materials etc accumulate in the "wax", thats just it. They dont accumulate on the finish when they arent attracted to it as they are when silicones are used......I recommend that you email him and ask him about this and clear it up once and for all. I am tired of running around in circles with you and would like you to ask him about his theories and your disbeliefs. Once you have done that, let us all know.
Old 09-06-2001, 03:42 PM
Not a Blowhole

I already said fine if you like it - that goes without saying.

OK, Daryl, but in my humble opinion, anyone who manufactures a product ought to be an expert in his field - you kind of caught yourself in your own logic by stating that silicone attracts adulterants (your "opinion" or Sal's?) and Zaino has the power to prevent depth penetration of its finish by any adulterant. As an expert in my field, I assert that is worng. I am more into facts than opinions.
Old 09-06-2001, 07:51 PM
No, you are a dork.

I already said fine if you like it - that goes without saying.

OK, Daryl, but in my humble opinion, anyone who manufactures a product ought to be an expert in his field - you kind of caught yourself in your own logic by stating that silicone attracts adulterants (your "opinion" or Sal's?) and Zaino has the power to prevent depth penetration of its finish by any adulterant. As an expert in my field, I assert that is worng. I am more into facts than opinions.
What field would that be? You said in the beginning "in your humble opinion" but finish up your statement by saying "I am more into facts that opinions......Gettin deep in here, huh? I like Zaino better than anything else. This BS with you is now over.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:08 PM
Not a Blowhole

You can check the bio (here's a hint: does the SAE mean anything to you?) - since you have surrendered on the field of ideas (which is apparently BS to you) and cannot contest any of the more specific points I made, we can revert back to opinions. You like Zaino - good. But from a scientist's point of view, the Zaino claims are Zany. I am starting to get the impression it is more than a cult - it is a religion.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Rage -- you mentioned that you have used Final Inspection to clean a heavily dusted car without scratching. Has that only been on your SSM TLS or have you used it on other, darker colored cars? In my experience, it seems dark colored cars (like my DEP TLS) show every tiny scratch more so than lighter colored cars. Do you think Final Insp. is safe for my car?
Old 09-07-2001, 08:30 AM
Not a Blowhole

I had a black M3 and used to do it all the time. I suggest you try a fairly inocuous spot first, so if it did scratch, it would not be noticeable - different car, differernt paint.

The trick is to let the No34 do the work - it has emulsifiers in it (they put the dirt into suspension, essentially buffering your paint). Only lightly pass the towel over the surface, changing sides and towels frequently so that the wicking action of the cloth pulls the dirt into the towel and ensuring it doesn't re-deposit back into the surface.

Of course, I am not talking major dirt here. I keep some in the trunk for the occasional "Bird Bomb" - the No34 neutralizes acid as well as being a good cleaner.

It is great for dashes and instruments, using the anti-static benefits of silicone to reduce dust attraction.