Wheels stolen

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Angry Half-Black Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wheels stolen

So I'm heading down into my "secure" garage yesterday to go to work and what do I see? The ass end of my car jacked up about 3' in the air! All four of my three month old 5zigens gone! And I just sold my old OEM wheels a couple of weeks ago!

I guess these guys had been planning it for a while because they had the right key for my wheel locks and they knew which cars in the lot were unlocked so they could take and use their jack and spare tire to prop up my car. They did not try to open my car so my alarm did not go off (no shock sensor ). At least they were nice enough to leave my lug nuts.

I have to give props to Sunnyvale Acura for helping me get three spare tires together so I could get it moved. So... I should be getting in my brand new OEM wheels some time today Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to let everyone know. Oh and I also have pictures from my camera phone but I don't know how to put them up, so if someone could tell me how I will show them.

Peace
Old 03-02-2006, 09:44 AM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Sorry to hear that
Old 03-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Damn that sucks
Old 03-02-2006, 10:04 AM
New ride...Acura MDX 2013

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear about your loss thieves suck shit and should be fed their teeth
Old 03-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn man, that sucks, sorry to hear.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

I always hated "secured" garages usually the ones who work there are the thieves..
Old 03-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Damn sorry to hear what happened....oh man thieves, can't get it enough can't u??? arse hole!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:27 AM
FOR SALE - BM

fucking assholes.... that sux a big nut....!!!!!.. they prbably had a entire set of master keys.. i know that for acura lock lugs there are about 5 masters, 1 is bound to fit.... i hate thieves.. i wish you would have caught them and beat them with the tire iron... check ebay, craigs list and look around the neighborhood, maybe the rims will show up.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Angry Half-Black Man

Originally Posted by drdamian
fucking assholes.... that sux a big nut....!!!!!.. they prbably had a entire set of master keys.. i know that for acura lock lugs there are about 5 masters, 1 is bound to fit.... i hate thieves.. i wish you would have caught them and beat them with the tire iron... check ebay, craigs list and look around the neighborhood, maybe the rims will show up.

I'm already scoping out the neighborhood, and I'm for sure keeping my eyes peeled on the road. It's a fairly rare wheel/tire combination, since I've had the wheels I've only seen one other car around here with the 5ZR Hypers and they were in silver.

I'm wondering if maybe getting 2 or 3 different sets of wheel locks and installing a couple of each on each wheel would keep this from happining again?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Man that sucks. I know how you feel. I had the wheels stole off my previous car in my driveway one night. I know they had been watching it for awhile, and waited till i parked it out side one night, and knew to be very quiet because i have a dog. Our area is a low crime area.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had an experience of my 94 accord got stolen and raped out big time...and it made me so pissed. Also, when I owned Integra R, some 3 cars following me for at least 10-15 mins...shit that is really driving me nuts.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Instructor

My car was stolen last year and recovered without my te37's and system. I found the rims with the exact same tires on craigslist a couple days later. I emailed the guy anonymously for some close up pics and found out that they were in fact my rims.

I brought all evidence, address, phonenumber, pictures over to my local police station and they basically blew me off saying that I only have circumstantial evidence that those rims were mine. Even if we found out the rims were stolen, they would be able to get him on posession of stolen property.

That experience resulted in me no longer have any faith or trust in our legal system.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
FOR SALE - BM

Originally Posted by elee712
My car was stolen last year and recovered without my te37's and system. I found the rims with the exact same tires on craigslist a couple days later. I emailed the guy anonymously for some close up pics and found out that they were in fact my rims.

I brought all evidence, address, phonenumber, pictures over to my local police station and they basically blew me off saying that I only have circumstantial evidence that those rims were mine. Even if we found out the rims were stolen, they would be able to get him on posession of stolen property.

That experience resulted in me no longer have any faith or trust in our legal system.

The legal system really does blow... at that point i would have contacted the person and i would have claimed to buy the rims from him... go and meet up with him, and bring about 4 or 5 of my firends and strong arm them from him... whats he gonna do, run to the cops and claim that they are his...
Old 03-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

oh but that lovely disclaimer that says not responsible for items cover more then you think. one day my mom took my car to work back in the day, when i had my 91 accord. it was a secure hospital garage. really only one way in. i get that horrible phone call.... jay, some one broke into your car and now it doesnt run. well here are the details. when she got to the car, all the doors hood and trunk where open. the dash was ripped apart radio gone(pioneer 900r0r premier), fm modulator gone, alpine amp gone, radar detector x2 gone, cds gone. now to the rest of the car.... subs (2 12's in a bandpass)gone, jbl 1200.1 amp gone, 1.5 farad cap gone, they tried to take my clear corners and bumpers, battery, air horns, strut bar. all of which where hanging off or broken after that effort. did i mention that they sliced thru 90% of the wires on my alarm harness? that all said, obviously the car wont start, batt is disconnected, alarm is bugged out. my mom goes to the attendant at the booth and tell him what happend and asked if he saw anything... obviously says no. but she asked him to help her start the car, and he walks right up to the car, and connects the battery, pulled the alarm fuse and started the car. ok even my mom noticed that the guys knew exactly what was wrong and was unphased by the condition of the car. so of course i was away at school and had taken full coverage off so i got screwed. and the police had no interest in investigating the garage. the garage had that wonderful disclaimer.
all in all, i realized that even if you have an alarm, they will take it if they want it. remmeber if its gonna be tricky most of them will scope it out first then strike. my advice, be as stealth as possible.

sorry for the rant, this brought back bad memories
Old 03-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Back in a Type S

I feel your pain..sorry to hear about that. I hope you find those bastards! You should never mess with a mans car! :angryfire
Old 03-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
The legal system really does blow... at that point i would have contacted the person and i would have claimed to buy the rims from him... go and meet up with him, and bring about 4 or 5 of my firends and strong arm them from him... whats he gonna do, run to the cops and claim that they are his...
I think this is a good suggestion. Bring a few guys with you, take the rims back. If the thief went to the cop, he needs to prove the rims are his. You of course have the proof the rims are yours.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:03 PM
RickRoush03

damn bro, that sucks, check on ebay also.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
4th Gear

Condolences bro, sorry to hear about your car. What goes around comes around. Hope those bastards get theirs.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
That sucks, dude. Good luck with the process. Is insurance going to cover it?
Old 03-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Does insurance even cover after market accessories?
Old 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

even if insurance doesn't cover it im sure the stock wheels cost a pretty penny.

my friend had an aftermarket deck in his car and that got stolen and the insurance gave him the price of a new stock deck. the stock deck cost 2 times the amount of the aftermarket one.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by slice
I'm wondering if maybe getting 2 or 3 different sets of wheel locks and installing a couple of each on each wheel would keep this from happining again?
Wow, that sucks. Death to thieves!

Is there any chance your "secure" garage has any video?

Too bad your alarm did not have a tilt sensor. You would think that by now the high end wheel manufacturers would be making wheels with some kind of locking center cap that would restrict access to the lug nuts.

I'm planning to get an engraver, and carve my VIN onto the inside mounting face of my wheels, and any other high value, easily stolen pieces that I can think of. There are services around that will etch your VIN onto your window glass too. I dont think this makes your stuff harder to steal, but it makes it a little harder to sell, and can help with a positive id if the dirtbags ever get busted.

Just out of curiosity, where in Santa Clara did this happen?
Old 03-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

yea but that only does so much. all they have to do is dremel it out and no one would say any thing. the only way to protect wheels from this is

A. security camera / guard or something like that
B. 5 different locks on the wheels
C. park your car in your own garage.

wheels are like any thing that can be stolen, will be stolen

ppl are just asshats and want to make easy money.

keep an eye out locally for the wheels and check craigs list and ebay and the forums for some one selling them.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:54 PM
04 NBP 6MT

I think it should be perfectly legal to shoot thieves. Since the pigs don't seem interested in doing a damn thing about it.

I curbed three out of four of my OEM rims within my first two weeks of TL ownership (came from an RSX, not used to driving a boat!) I was saving up to replace them with Volks, but after several door dings, I've realized there's no sense having nice stuff in Atlanta.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Angry Half-Black Man

My comprehensive insurance will cover the wheels. My company (Allstate) said that they need a reciept for my aftermarket wheels so I told them that they were the stock Type-S. The Type-S wheels with the stock Michellens actually cost a hell of a lot more than my 5zigens. All together the new wheels are gonna cost about 2900 with install and alignment, of which 100 will come out of my pocket. After I get an upgraded alarm I'm gonna look into getting some new wheels, maybe even the same ones since I really liked them!

By the way this happened around Homestead and Lawrence Expressway.

Thanks for the support guys ! I'm on my way to pick up my car hope it still feels the same when I drive it .
Old 03-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Sorry to hear that , man. I have a different feeling now about those wheel locks. I thought they were theft proof . Gess crooks can get around most anything.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by slice
no shock sensor
You don't need a shock sensor. You need a tilt sensor. When those fuckers jack up your car to take off the wheels, the system will detect the angle has changed and will sound the alarm.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by acutee
I think this is a good suggestion. Bring a few guys with you, take the rims back. If the thief went to the cop, he needs to prove the rims are his. You of course have the proof the rims are yours.

Yea, my friends suggested that as well. The problem is, the car was stolen from my driveway at night and I didnt want a war to start where he would do something to my house. Otherwise, that would be what I would have done.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Agean Blue Bishes

what about if you park on a hill or something.

or does it realize the angle its at and if it changes with the alarm activated it will go off?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by demolition_x
what about if you park on a hill or something.

or does it realize the angle its at and if it changes with the alarm activated it will go off?
Only goes off when there's a change.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
damn that really sucks dude, im sorry. On the positive side, you should buy coils and just dump your shit stupid low so that no one jack up your car without 2x4's!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Angry Half-Black Man

Originally Posted by KLepTo
damn that really sucks dude, im sorry. On the positive side, you should buy coils and just dump your shit stupid low so that no one jack up your car without 2x4's!

They did use 2x4s! And I don't know if I want to go any lower, I had a bitch of a time getting it up on the flatbed without scraping my exhaust all to hell and thats with Tein H-techs.

And I am getting an alarm with tilt sensor and shock sensor this week, how much should I expect to pay? Anyone with recomendations for a good shop in the Bay?

Thanks again guys.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Thats a definate inside job, do you know the amount of time it takes to do that especially with putting 2x4 underneath. I used to hate changing tires on my civic for that reason.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Angry Half-Black Man

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Thats a definate inside job, do you know the amount of time it takes to do that especially with putting 2x4 underneath. I used to hate changing tires on my civic for that reason.

They just used the 2x4s to keep up the ass end up while they moved the jack to the front. I do belive that they were keeping tabs on me for a while though and they may have even broke the garage doors a couple of weeks ago so they could lift them up later. The only person I might suspect in my building is the dude that had his jack and spare tire taken from his Civic, he might have left his doors unlocked on purpose. But if so it was pretty stupid to leave the jack and tire under my car so I don't think it was him. Or maybe the paper guy, he gets into the building somehow every morning maybe he left the door open for them
Old 03-06-2006, 10:42 AM
99TL-p 114K

Deff sounds like an inside job. Somone was out to get your shit on purpose. That had to have been planned and set up because they executed perfectly. Idk, i hope everything works out for you.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Keep in mind that even if you do have several sets of wheel locks on there, they make specialty tools to remove wheels locks or just pounding a socket on there usually works in most cases. I've had several customers lose their wheel locks thinking they were screwed if they ever had to get the wheel off.