What's the best towel for drying?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004 | 12:58 AM
TL ftw!

What's the best towel for drying?

Okay someone mentioned the best towel for drying off your car is that "MicroFiber towel" I think and the person said he got it from Walmart? I might go to Walmart tomorrow and check it out? Or what else is the best towel for drying off your car without leaving cloth on the car? I tried chamois but that thing smelled like garbage and it got dirty so easily I threw it away so i wasted about $9 for that thing.
Old 08-07-2004 | 01:07 AM
Pro

microfiber towels or waffle weave towels will do good.
Old 08-07-2004 | 01:42 AM
Racer

Cosco sells a pack of 12 for only 9 bucks.
Old 08-07-2004 | 03:38 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

I, and many other people I know, use the Big Blue Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel you can dry your entire car without wringing it out!! I know Poorboy's World makes it, I'm really not sure if any other companies do?

I really couldn't believe it the first time I used it... ...I literally ran around the car, as a joke, pretending to dry the entire car that quickly, and to my suprise, I actually fully dried the spot after running by once!!

For thoes that do have one or thoes thinking of getting one, DO NOT WASH IT WITH FABRIC SOFTENERS!! They will not work as well if they are washed in fabric softener, the silicone in the softner clogs the "poures" in the microfiber fabric, preventing it from A) leaving a streak free surface and B) pulling the dirt away from the surface of your paint.
Old 08-07-2004 | 03:41 AM
TL ftw!

Where can you get the Big Blue Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel? Do you think they have it at Walmart or K-Mart?

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
I, and many other people I know, use the Big Blue Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel you can dry your entire car without wringing it out!! I know Poorboy's World makes it, I'm really not sure if any other companies do?

I really couldn't believe it the first time I used it... ...I literally ran around the car, as a joke, pretending to dry the entire car that quickly, and to my suprise, I actually fully dried the spot after running by once!!

For thoes that do have one or thoes thinking of getting one, DO NOT WASH IT WITH FABRIC SOFTENERS!! They will not work as well if they are washed in fabric softener, the silicone in the softner clogs the "poures" in the microfiber fabric, preventing it from A) leaving a streak free surface and B) pulling the dirt away from the surface of your paint.
Old 08-07-2004 | 03:51 AM
What your problem is?

Originally Posted by KamikazeTL
Where can you get the Big Blue Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel? Do you think they have it at Walmart or K-Mart?
Some do carry it, but the quality is poor...
http://www.properautocare.com.
http://www.pakshak.com
http://www.yosteve.com

Most info I got came from this thread....
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothrea...postid=9217419
Old 08-09-2004 | 02:42 AM

you can get it from me but I'm in Canada, you might want to check for someone south of "our" border. I am a vendor on this site now and I think I'm allowed to offer my product if someone has asked for it? hope I don't get booted for this but, if you really can't find someone local to you I'll get you a deal for the shipping.. Checkout my website www.showshine.ca.

Mine are Poorboy's World and are imported from Korea so they're definitly not cheap.

Good luck.
Old 08-09-2004 | 03:18 AM
Pro

Well if you really care about your paint......you should really only use 100% cotton terry cloths because terry cloths can pick up dirt without it scratching the paint while drying....where as microfiber towels will pick up dirt and scratch up the paint....i read this on the Zaino site... but what i do is I dab at the water with an Absorber then wipe it with a terry cloth to pick up left over water and then I use microfiber towels (the ones from costco) to dust off the car that the terry cloths leave behind... so technically i think that the 100% cotton terry cloths are the "best" for your car
Old 08-09-2004 | 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

I rather use the MF WW over a cotton terry.
Old 08-09-2004 | 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by SK2003TypeS
I rather use the MF WW over a cotton terry.

100% agreed!!! cotton has so many different uses, it is hard to find a true 100% cotton terry cloth. The microfiber will actually pick up the dirt and pull it away from the surface into the fibers.
Old 08-09-2004 | 11:36 AM
Racer

Here's exactly what you need right here. They even give you some tips on how to rinse and then dry the car off.

http://properautocare.com/classic-mo...bludryint.html
Old 08-09-2004 | 11:42 AM
What your problem is?

I use a shower squeegee (kinda like the California water Blade) and then use a cotton towel for the reamining spots I missed.... I will look into the microfiber towels.... can these be used on the inside trim of the vehicle (i.e. for application of vinylex or 303)????
Old 08-09-2004 | 12:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Any group buy for the towels.
Old 08-09-2004 | 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by indoMFP
I use a shower squeegee (kinda like the California water Blade) and then use a cotton towel for the reamining spots I missed.... I will look into the microfiber towels.... can these be used on the inside trim of the vehicle (i.e. for application of vinylex or 303)????

Yes microfiber will work great in side your car, but not the one we are talking about here. This one is a drying towel, it is 36"x24" pretty big for regular wipe downs. You should get some smaller microfiber towels or a microfiber mitt for interior wipe downs. They will work great for dusting, spreading product (lexol, 303, vinalex, IG, etc.). The towels are usually 16"X16", much easier to use than a larger one.
Old 08-09-2004 | 06:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

I like the absorber
Old 08-09-2004 | 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

I use the Big Blue also, and I bought em from Properautocare.

They are hands down the best for drying the car, and I've tried em all. Specially ordered 100% cotton terry cloth towels, The Absorber, you name it. The Big Blue owns them all.
Old 08-09-2004 | 09:26 PM

No way!!!

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
you can get it from me but I'm in Canada, you might want to check for someone south of "our" border. I am a vendor on this site now and I think I'm allowed to offer my product if someone has asked for it? hope I don't get booted for this but, if you really can't find someone local to you I'll get you a deal for the shipping.. Checkout my website www.showshine.ca.
Hey Pat....

So you've finally got some product in, eh?! Nice!! I'd be interested in getting some stuff from you since it's so impossible to find some of the nicer stuff here....I'd like to upgrade from my generic crap. :P

How much are the good-quality microfiber towels? Would you be able to disocunt the price at all if we could find some people here who might be interested in getting some stuff of you too? I bet some of the GTA'ers will be interested in what you've got...maybe even some of the guys from the States (our Canadian dollar's super cheap for them...grrrr!)

Anyway, lemme know what you can offer up! I'm definitely interested!!
Old 08-10-2004 | 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
Hey Pat....

So you've finally got some product in, eh?! Nice!! I'd be interested in getting some stuff from you since it's so impossible to find some of the nicer stuff here....I'd like to upgrade from my generic crap. :P

How much are the good-quality microfiber towels? Would you be able to disocunt the price at all if we could find some people here who might be interested in getting some stuff of you too? I bet some of the GTA'ers will be interested in what you've got...maybe even some of the guys from the States (our Canadian dollar's super cheap for them...grrrr!)

Anyway, lemme know what you can offer up! I'm definitely interested!!
Originally Posted by drcookie
Any group buy for the towels.
You ask and you shall recieve... I will arrange a group buy in the "Group Buy" section, for these Big Blue Waffle Weave Microfber Towels..

I have been a member here for a while so I'll get you guys a good deal on these, depending on the level of interest... who's interested??

Drcookie and StreetSpirit, I will write up a group buy for tomorrow to include the Big Blue Waffle Weave and some great buffing microfiber towels too, I will post it in the "Group Buy" section in the "Black Market" area.

Is there anything else you would like to include in the group buy? microfiber mitts, waxing/buffing towels, Klasse, Poorboy's, Meguiars? I don't want to advertise here so please check my website for other products (many more to be added soon) and feel free to contact me if there is any questions....

Untill tomorrow....
Old 08-10-2004 | 03:18 PM

Cool! Thanks man... Will keep an eye open for the thread!
Old 08-10-2004 | 08:40 PM

Big Blue Waffle Weave Microfiber - GROUP BUY

Group buys are up and active in the black market/group buy forum!

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90081
Old 08-17-2004 | 11:33 PM
Intermediate

MR CLEAN AUTO DRY BABY
Old 08-18-2004 | 12:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

The towels that you get from the hotel/motel. There free and you can take has many as you like.