What should I do??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:16 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
What should I do??

I dropped the car off at the shop on Thursday to get the new rotors and pads installed while I was out of town at a cousin's wedding. I just got back in town and my new intake is here and I want to install it, plus I'm supposed to get together with a buddy and start working on my alarm and finish running wires and mounting the reverse camera.

I was going to take a taxi straight from the airport to the shop, but I didn't even think about it being Easter and Sunday.

Guess I gotta wait 'til tomorrow morning, because no one is answering there. I have an extra key and was thinking about just taking it because I have gotten work done at this shop before and I could just leave him an envelope explaining why I took it and give him my billing info because it is a reputable shop and he is trustworthy.

I know most people will tell me to wait, but I just need to get the car back together ASAP because all the panels are off from getting to wiring and running RCA for reverse camera.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you do take it you might give the shop owner a heart attack if he doesn't read your note first. He might think that it had been stolen.

And there's always some possibility that the work on the car is not completed.

I would wait until the shop reopens.

Bob
Old 04-08-2007, 01:32 PM
No He Can't

Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Unregistered user

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i say take it, and put it back... lol
Old 04-08-2007, 01:43 PM
No He Can't

Originally Posted by LIPPSTUH
i say take it, and put it back... lol
that is actually a very interesting idea...

Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 PM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Take it and dont leave a note, and when he calls you freakin out thinking that you car was stolen, play along and get really pissed off. Then just before he is going to call the cops tell him your kidding and that you have it.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:29 PM
No He Can't

I just went to do it, but my car wasn't out in the parking lot. I brought the intake and all my tools in my other car and was just going to do it there in the parking lot and just pick it up tomorrow. I guess he was nice enough to park it inside of one of the four bays there

Either that or he's joy riding

I know he's not though because this is one of the best places in town and he has a lot on the line. Glad I didn't have to freak him out when he got there in the morning.

Originally Posted by MurkyRiversTL
Take it and dont leave a note, and when he calls you freakin out thinking that you car was stolen, play along and get really pissed off. Then just before he is going to call the cops tell him your kidding and that you have it.
^^^lol, but what if he calls them before he calls me?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:38 PM
COTM Coordinator

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
At least you hope its inside, maybe somebody did steal it, then he will be calling you thinking you took it, then you will think he is kidding..... but that wouldnt happen. Im just messin with ya.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:01 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do you get in shop though? you have a key for shop or key for car?

if he knows you, just take it, im sure hell understand. most mechanics arnt the soft sensitive girly type.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:05 PM
No He Can't

no i have a spare key to my car, i was just hoping it was parked outside. the guy's not my buddy or anything, but i have gotten work done there and he knows who i am (it's a small town). i'm just gonna wait (i have to now) until tomorrow morning and go get it then.