What I Do??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 05:16 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I Do??

I was gettin on the highway goin like 65 and a few seconds later i hear this loud noise and the driver next to me points at my wheel. so i pull over take a look. and the wheel well and the lil plastic cover under the engine was draggin on the floor i took it out and put it in my trunk.

THEN a few minutes later i was goin like 80mph and BAMMM the passenger side wheel well plastic just flys the FUCK off, disconnectin my front signal. i was like SHITTTTTTTTTT luckily no cars behind me.

So now i gotta order a new plastic thing like that. Where can i get that and how much?

Also now my intake iz exposed, how dangerous is it to drive?
Old 02-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
well teh question is why and how did those come loose? did you recently take your bumper off ?? and i would be very carefull with the filter being that exposed. if the pieces arent broken id stick them back in
Old 02-22-2005, 05:30 PM
trill recognize trill

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
well teh question is why and how did those come loose? did you recently take your bumper off ?? and i would be very carefull with the filter being that exposed. if the pieces arent broken id stick them back in
no i didn take them off recently but i did look under and i think 2 of the screws were broken. and the pieces r like too fuckd up i need new onez
Old 02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
well then id recomend sticking the factory box in till you do.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:07 PM
trill recognize trill

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
well then id recomend sticking the factory box in till you do.
where can i get tht cover? im keepin ma car garaged till then. and what could happen to the intake drivin it like that?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Who Dis Is?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea the splash guards on the 2nd gen TL suck ASS. I'm on my 3rd set of splash guards. Most likely, they were loose and your wheels grabbed it and ripped it off completely. When it happened to me a couple months ago the wheels caught it and it ripped it off, but rotated it into the fender causing it to dent it from the inside-out chipping the hell out of the paint.
Don't drive in the rain if the CAI is exposed if you go into a puddle which submerges it your engines done.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:24 PM
trill recognize trill

Originally Posted by Tunaboy
Yea the splash guards on the 2nd gen TL suck ASS. I'm on my 3rd set of splash guards. Most likely, they were loose and your wheels grabbed it and ripped it off completely. When it happened to me a couple months ago the wheels caught it and it ripped it off, but rotated it into the fender causing it to dent it from the inside-out chipping the hell out of the paint.
Don't drive in the rain if the CAI is exposed if you go into a puddle which submerges it your engines done.
how much that shit run?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Who Dis Is?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
about $300 bucks to get the fender dents out, painted, new splash sheilds. The fuckers never re-alligned the bumper though/.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:37 PM
trill recognize trill

Originally Posted by Tunaboy
about $300 bucks to get the fender dents out, painted, new splash sheilds. The fuckers never re-alligned the bumper though/.
how much was just the lil splashguard shit?