well, is it my turn to replace my tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 12:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, is it my turn to replace my tranny?

OK, i just notice today, when i floor my car from stop. it will slip on 2to 3rd gears, it shift find when i baby on gas(like shfit at 2 or 3K).
It does scare me when i notice it today, it shfit at 6K and it went to N and up to 6500 then shift into 3rd.
My question is..Is it my turn?? i have 00TL/40K
Old 03-04-2003, 07:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, thats gone!
Old 03-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Instructor

You better hurry up to dealership, unfortunately and try to get some good loaner.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

yea..i'm goin to give them a call and try to get some nice loaner.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

first they gave me a Ford Focus because that was all they had on such short notice. I said "you've got to be kidding?" so the next day they got me a Chrylser Cirrus. Not a sporty car, but it was at least comparable in size to the TL and the ride was quite pleasant. I liked the Cirrus so i took good care of it for the 9 days i had it. As for the Focus, HA! I took it at high speed through all the muddy snow covered back country dirt roads near me. It was like one of those cross country road rallies you see on TV. BAM i hit darn nearly every pothole and ouch I just kept winding the car up faster and faster, gate shifting at WOT the whole time. It was quite a gas! Funny how i felt nice to one car, and took care of it even though it wasnt mine, and yet I abused the other so much. I guess i must have been "fOcused" more on beating down the FOCUS!!!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Intermediate

Yes, beat up the loaner car for fun, that's great. If there is such a thing as justice or karma, next time you take your beloved TL into the shop the mechanic will drive your car like that. No wonder insurance costs so much for young males.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

WTF is up with you? Whose a young male? I am way older than that, havent had a single accident or ticket in 20+ years, my insurance rates are excellent, and the road i was on is a deserted stretch of road/horse trail. You cant go much more than 50 on that road, but its twisty and muddy and it was a lot of fun. Nothing i would take my TL on only because its all full of ruts and rocks flying up would chip the paint.

I never road race, I stay out of the left lane except for passing, never run red lights, stop to let people cross at pedestrian cross walks and obey all traffic signs. Geezzzzzzz cant anybody have just a little fun without somebody always getting so negative about it before they know all the facts?!?!?!

Heck there are always posts of this board about "I killed a supra" or " I killed a maxima" etc and the posts talk about how they were racing another car on public roads "until we hit 120MPH and he saw only my tails" --- if you wanna preach to anybody about safe responsible driving, please save it for those "young males". Thats the kind of driving that sucks, not a little trail riding with a crappy loaner.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:20 PM
O.G.

Hey exowner, take a chill pill.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the support Blackshadow!
Old 03-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Instructor

lol - wow, again, we see the beauty of these boards for some good banter! I would have done the same thing to that little focus.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah i dont know what came over me with that Focus. I guess i was just so pissed off at Acura about my tranny failing at 30k miles that i needed a little release at Acura's expense. I didnt damage the car in any way, it was just filthy when i got done with it. Its a hardpack dirt road. Supposedly its that way for the horse farms nearby, but thats a total joke because all the farms have like 200 plus acres for the horses to roam and I would doubt anyone would have any reason to take a Million dollar plus horse out on this road. (the farms cater to all the wealthy race horse owners). There are really huge mansions down there too, 8,000-10,000 sq ft+ and if i lived on that road i would be yelling and screaming for the town to pave the darn thing so that my Benz or Ferarri wouldnt get dirty every single time i left the house for work. But anyway... I digress. And to clarify my earlier post, i didnt deliberately drive it into ruts. I tried to steer around them but the road was so beat down from all the snow we've had that they were everywhere. Its a shortcut that saves about 10 minutes off my drive, but i never ride on it with my TL because of all the dirt and stones that get kicked up. Even in the summer, i cant use the road because it gets all dusty on my car.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:11 AM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Yes if you have ever worked for a car rental place or know someone who has it is quite common to take rental cars and beat the crap out of them. I had a friend that had the keys to the rental place in Alaska and we would constantly take cars and trucks out and beat the crap out of them, get them dirty, spin doughnuts in them and just plain rag the crap out of them. And this was in the boonies in Alaska! Great fun! I can't say I would do anything less to the ford focus. I liked your comment how you "focused" on ragging the ford focus! ROFLOL!

Your story reminded me of when I had cable and would constantly watch W.R.C. (world rally campionship) on speedvision. They always got helicopters following the cars and I could imagine one following you around as you jump it and hydroplane through big puddles! Great story!

oh newbie ExOwner must have worked as a mechanic for a rental place thats why he's a sourpuss!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by AK_MOBBER
Your story reminded me of when I had cable and would constantly watch W.R.C. (world rally campionship) on speedvision. They always got helicopters following the cars and I could imagine one following you around as you jump it and hydroplane through big puddles! Great story!
Thanks AK_Mobber for appreciating my story. And the WRC rally you described is exactly what i was thinking about when i took the car for a spin. I had just seen one on TV the night before. But all those guys were racing Puegot 205 and Subaru WRX.

The only thing that would have made the run even better was if I had a copilot navigator with me to tell me when to turn left or right up over the next crest or curve. I could have bettered my time by almost 2 min if i had one of those! Oh, and a clutch and one of those huge digital gear shifter displays the rally cars have would be nice too.
Old 03-07-2003, 10:59 AM
Instructor

WRC is a blast to watch! When I lived in England we used to head up into the country and watch the races all the time......and when the cars would roll, we'd all rush out there and push them back over so they could be on there way again - talk about audience participation!!

Now if they paved the road, it wouldn't be near as much fun to drive on