Welcome our new Squeek & Creek moderator

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 10:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Welcome our new Squeek & Creek moderator

From all the posts I've read I have decided to bring some focus on this subject. Tim, I want to be the Squeak and Creek forum moderator. Please read the following.

1. Moonroof/Sunshade. Well documented early fix is silicone spray on the front and back rubberseal on the moonroof itself. This is temporary. The NEW and Improved fix is some kind of tephlon tape that is placed on the metal trim that the rubber seal seats against. This one is permanant. I hear its great and I can't wait to get it.

2. There is a ticking noise from passenger door. I found that the ashtray thingy in the door was loose. I pushed it back in and I don't hear it anymore. Could also be the whole panel creaking because of the wood trim rubbing the vinyl.

3. This one is annoying. Its creeks from the rear glass. I can recreate the sound by quickly pushing and letting go slightly on the corners of the rear window. The C pillers there sit against the ceiling and the glass. No fix yet cause Im not even sure thats where its from. Too bad I cant drive and sit in the back at the same time.

PS I don't want that job I was joking but I hope someone finds out what the hell is clicking back there.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by NighthawkBlack on June 04, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 06-03-2001, 12:15 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by NighthawkBlack:
From all the posts I've read I have decided to bring some focus on this subject. Tim, I want to be the Squeek and Creek forum moderator. Please read the following.

1. Moonroof/Sunshade. Well documented early fix is silicone spray on the front and back rubberseal on the moonroof itself. This is temporary. The NEW and Improved fix is some kind of tephlone tape that is placed on the metal trim that the rubber seal seats against. This one is permanant. I hear its great and I can't wait to get it.

2. There is a ticking noise from passenger door. I found that the ashtray thingy in the door was loose. I pushed it back in and I don't hear it anymore. Could also be the whole panel creaking because of the wood trim rubbing the vinyl.

3. This one is annoying. Its creeks from the rear glass. I can recreate the sound by quickly pushing and letting go slightly on the corners of the rear window. The C pillers there sit against the ceiling and the glass. No fix yet cause Im not even sure thats where its from. Too bad I cant drive and sit in the back at the same time.

PS I don't want that job I was joking but I hope someone finds out what the hell is clicking back there.
My stupid TBirds Rear window like creaks when you go over certain angle road/drive way, like when I pull around the grass or sommething i hear it sometimes, its annoying as all hell
Old 06-03-2001, 12:21 AM
slickTL17

good idea..

i hear some coin jiggering somewhere in the front. could it be that some coins felt in from the ashtray and felt in between the cracks?
Old 06-03-2001, 01:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

i remember that one. i fixed it a month after i got the car. i put velcro under it

Old 06-03-2001, 03:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Exclamation

Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator
'66 Mustang Fastback
'99 Mazda Miata
'99 Acura TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech Springs and Sways, CL Type S wheels wrapped with 225/45/17 Dunlop SP9000's, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, Gutter Guard Grille, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 06-03-2001, 03:19 PM
Safety Car

Its squeak damnit!

Old 06-04-2001, 02:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Red face

I hate that squeak in the back of the car that you're talking about. I posted something about it just last week. My dealer still has no clue what to do about it either and I have trouble finding out the exact cause too. Maybe I should try some other dealers in the area.

------------------
'01 Naples Gold TL with Navi
Interior wood trim kit
Custom aluminum mesh grill
Wings West 2-leg spoiler wing
Solar Gard Titanium Tint 43 all around.
Cuzo Hyperwhite hi beams.
Acura logo tire valve stem caps.
Old 06-05-2001, 01:26 PM
Advanced

Wink

I bet my car has the most rattles, squeaks,and creeks of all. I've considered wearing earplugs. J/K
It is very annoying though
Old 06-06-2001, 03:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Maybe we can dip our cars in a vat of DuraLube to solve all the squeaks once and for all.
Old 06-06-2001, 05:30 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by SimplyEasy:
I bet my car has the most rattles, squeaks,and creeks of all. I've considered wearing earplugs. J/K
It is very annoying though
Man I can feel your pain... Feels like driving a cheap Civic, and always have to turn up the music so the girls won't hear it... Gee...
Old 06-07-2001, 03:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Good topic... bad spellin'. Should read:

-- Welcome to the Squeak and Creak Forum --

(Ducks back under cover and resumes lurking )

V.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by vperkins2 on June 07, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 06-07-2001, 04:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by vperkins2:

(Ducks back under cover and resumes lurking )

Old 06-07-2001, 09:31 AM
Drifting

From all the posts I've read I have decided to bring some focus on this subject. Tim, I want to be the Squeak and Creek forum moderator. Please read the following.

1. Moonroof/Sunshade. Well documented early fix is silicone spray on the front and back rubberseal on the moonroof itself. This is temporary. The NEW and Improved fix is some kind of tephlon tape that is placed on the metal trim that the rubber seal seats against. This one is permanant. I hear its great and I can't wait to get it.
Update on #1: I have just taken delivery of a TL-S yesterday (vin #018000+). The Acura parts & services rep was there that day. I asked him about the moonroof creaks that I've been hearing about, and he said that Honda has replaced the material they use for the moonroof seal to reduce squeaking. Teflon tape is no longer necessary, he said.
Old 06-09-2001, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Cool so they can switch out the old seals with new ones made of a different material? I hope they do this soon so I can ride in peace and quite.
Old 06-09-2001, 07:02 PM
Banned

daverman--
is this change for all type-s or just for type-s after a certain VIN?

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Satin Silver, Ebony Interior w/out nav
Old 06-09-2001, 08:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

This change would be for all TL CL and Type S cars.
Old 06-09-2001, 10:16 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by bioyuki:
daverman--
is this change for all type-s or just for type-s after a certain VIN?

I think it's only for a certain VIN and up. I don't know if you can switch out your old plastic, but it's worth a call to the service dept.

Yet another creak dept
I've got my TL-S for three days now, and I've noticed a couple of noises:

1. A very soft creaking noise from the driver's side door seals. Should be quite easy to cure with a bit of silicone lubricant.

2. The driver's seat has a very soft click whenever I lean back or forward, especially during acceleration and deceleration. I have had the exact same problem on my 97 Accord LXV6. I wonder if my butt is just shaped funny and pressing some springs wrong...

I'm going to keep an ear out for #2. If it doesn't improve, I'm taking it back to the dealership for warranty service.