Weapon*R ECU & Intake Package .

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 05:17 PM

Weapon*R ECU & Intake Package .

We at Weapon*R are making a Cold Air Box and An ECU upgrade for the TL and TL-S..

We should be dyno testing the ECU and Airbox On Friday..
I will post the results then.. In the mean time to get your feet wet. You can check out our webpage which shows some pictures of the CL Airbox, and you can also go check out some of our other Dyno results we have done on previous vehicles..

www.weapon-r.com

Leo
Old 01-30-2002, 05:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about for us 1st GEN TL's? Got anything coming out for us?
Old 01-30-2002, 05:23 PM

We would love to do that car also.. I will have the details very soon..

Leo
Old 01-30-2002, 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

SWEET!!! Keep us all posted.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:42 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

according to their website, the weapon R ECU upgrade is priced at $730. whoo-doggy
Old 01-30-2002, 05:45 PM

I'll keep you guys posted...
I do admit that our ECU does cost a pretty penny, but for an average of 20Hp and 20TQ it's actually worth it..

Leo
Old 01-30-2002, 05:47 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

The new Weapon*R POWER ECU is a piggyback computer which is preprogrammed by the Weapon*R Special R&D team. The staff of Weapon*R fine tune each application to their fullest potential.
This ECU is a Plug and play unit which controls the Air / Fuel ratio,
Ignition timing, Rev-Limits, Speed Limits and transmission shift points.

We net gains from 18-30HP and 16-35ft of Torque.

FEATURES:
Maximized Air/ Fuel Ratios
Maximized Ignition Maps
Maximized Shift Points ( Automatic transmissions only )
Raised Speed Limit ( When Applicable )
Raised Rev Limit ( When Applicable )
Smoother Shift Transistions ( Automatic Transmissions only )

NOTE: This UNIT IS A PLUG AND PLAY UNIT.. NOT USER PROGRAMMABLE..
Old 01-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Racer

When it would be available for the Acura CLS and TLS and does need to be tuned with Headers and CAI or it will adapt by itself?
Old 01-30-2002, 05:56 PM

The ECu will be tuned for Intake and Exhaust .. So headers it will adapt to..
Old 01-30-2002, 06:14 PM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey Leo, do you remember me? I came to your shop 2 weeks I got my 1999 Silver TL (May 1999). You didn't have an intake for the TL yet so you custom made one for me. I believe you just put on the Accord V6 intake on mine. Just want to let you know that it has been working out great (the intake). And I also remember you used to have the Galant VR4 and yoru shop used to be in Burlingame.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:18 PM

Yeah.. Thanks.. But i don't remember selling anyone an intake 2 weeks ago. But my memory's going i think i need more RAM..

Im glad your intake is working great.. You know the Galant I JUST SOLD IT.. YEAH....

That Mutha was a Mean ASS...

You have a TL-S right? Maybe we can do your car.. What Mod's do you have on your car? But i would need it for 2 days..

We'll let me know..

Also im interested to find out if the CL-S Airbox will fit on the TL-S..
Maybe you can swing by.. And we'll fit one for you..

LEO
Old 01-30-2002, 06:55 PM
Bada Bing

I'm defintiely interested in the ECU upgrade. Any idea as to a release date?
Old 01-30-2002, 06:56 PM

I would like to release it next week..
Also i would like to see if the Cold Airbox fit's on your cars. from the Cl-s..

LEO
Old 01-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by WR LEO
I would like to release it next week..
Also i would like to see if the Cold Airbox fit's on your cars. from the Cl-s..

LEO
Thats what I was wondering. Too bad I'm not in the Bay Area, I'd let you guys use my car as a guinea pig
Old 01-30-2002, 09:48 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

we need to see dynos!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:29 PM
OG

Yeah.. Thanks.. But i don't remember selling anyone an intake 2 weeks ago. But my memory's going i think i need more RAM..

Im glad your intake is working great.. You know the Galant I JUST SOLD IT.. YEAH....

That Mutha was a Mean ASS...

You have a TL-S right? Maybe we can do your car.. What Mod's do you have on your car? But i would need it for 2 days..

We'll let me know..

Also im interested to find out if the CL-S Airbox will fit on the TL-S..
Maybe you can swing by.. And we'll fit one for you..

LEO
Sorry, I meant to say over 2 years ago. I also have Comptech headers and exhaust..... If the airbox does fit the TL-S, then it should also fit the regular TL too.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by AcuraTL

Sorry, I meant to say over 2 years ago.

came to your shop 2 weeks I got my 1999 Silver TL (May 1999).
hehe, yup, it's two weeks after he got the car. don't worry leo, you dont need any ram yet btw where's your store located?
Old 01-30-2002, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds great - can't wait!
Old 01-31-2002, 12:00 AM
Banned

nice... if i get this ECU then i can be around 250hp to the wheels...

bye bye tranny..

Would this be covered under warrenty, or if something goes wrong i can just take the ECU out before taking the car to the dealer? Just checkin ahead of time.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:01 AM
Instructor

very interested

wow..this is very interesting to me..

I'm wondering if the ECU will adapt to the addition of the Rick Case RES (intake manifold) that should also be released soon..

Also, I am wondering in what order I should purchase these..?

thanks.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:43 AM
Banned

Hmm...sounds iffy that you can't program it yourself...considering you can with the AEM ECU and the UNICHIP ECU....and for those of us with computers in our cars... That's not good...

Austin519
Old 01-31-2002, 11:48 AM

Re: very interested

Originally posted by jyang411
wow..this is very interesting to me..

I'm wondering if the ECU will adapt to the addition of the Rick Case RES (intake manifold) that should also be released soon..

Also, I am wondering in what order I should purchase these..?

thanks.
Thanks for the Mad Up's guys..
Were now in South San Fran..

When the Rick Case intake manifold comes out we can tune a car with this add on also.. So we can have 2 different programs..
It's best to get the ECU first since it would work directly with your intake and exhaust.. I think the Intake manifold would be like $1000 right.. Not everyone will be able to afford it right at this moment.. With the addition of the RIck Case Intake Manifold.. We should be able to get alot more power out of the car since it is breathing alot better.. I know for sure additional fuel will be needed at that conjunction.. Anyone know Rick Case's # i wanna call him and see what we can do together to make our kits work together..

Leo
Old 01-31-2002, 11:52 AM
Racer

RES is not the whole intake manifold it is just the cover plate replacement. Estimated cost is $299. Estimated dyno gains: 15lbft all across the board plus 15 HP max gain.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Still pricey

RES 15hp = $299

ECU/Intake 20hp(no dyno yet) = $799
Old 01-31-2002, 12:10 PM

Originally posted by Austin519
Hmm...sounds iffy that you can't program it yourself...considering you can with the AEM ECU and the UNICHIP ECU....and for those of us with computers in our cars... That's not good...

Austin519
For one.. Most people with $30,000 + cars don't like to fiddle with their cars like the Rice Boys.. Take Brabus for example.. They only have a Software download into your ECU.. After that your done..
Unless your a super tuner and are always fiddling with your car as far as addon's... i don't recommend allow people tuning theri cars by them selves.. I have seen many people actually ending up messing up their cars and making the performance worse with units such as the S-AFC due to not knowing how to tune the car..

We have a friend with a Brabus E55 and with that kinda of car we would not want to fiddle with the ECu all the time.. Just do it once and do it right.. It is just a safety concern .. Also in the manual for the S-AFC it tells you and the techs at APEXi also tell all customers to have a professional tune the cars with their products.. Why.. because it can damage the engine from Leaning out the motor too much , thewir units allow 50% adjustment in A/F which is a dial a bomb in the wrong hands..

IMO, i would like to just get a product that works and not have to fiddle with it all the time, it's much simpler and i don't need any Flashy digital thingy's on my $30,000 cars dash.. just makes car theives want my car even more.. IMO, i like the Stealth look more than a flashy look. Just my 2 cents on that subject..

If you have any doubts about our tuning, go look at the other $30,000 + cars that we have tuned on our website.. www.weapon-r.com/ecu.html

Leo
Old 01-31-2002, 01:15 PM
Drifting

Leo,

Have you done any testing so far with the ECU and type S the models? If so, how did it feel? Say if we were to buy the ECU for the car, and then we installed other mods like RES , etc.. How much would it cost for the upgrade(free reprogramming?)? Will this be able to be removed easily?

Spiro
Old 01-31-2002, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by spiroh
Leo,

Have you done any testing so far with the ECU and type S the models? If so, how did it feel? Say if we were to buy the ECU for the car, and then we installed other mods like RES , etc.. How much would it cost for the upgrade(free reprogramming?)? Will this be able to be removed easily?

Spiro
We would be doing initial testing next week now.. the car that we were going to use is not avail now.. which is a TL.. Not TL-S..

If you buy the ECu now, and when we have another Program for the Rick Case Manifold, we will offer the Program upgrade for only $50.00... We have to pay for our dyno time.. The ECu will come with a Bypass Plug which you can easily just unplug the ecu off the harness it comes with and replace the ecu with this bypass plug to set the wires back to stock..

Im just wondering if the CL-S airbox would fit a TL or a TL-S..
Old 01-31-2002, 01:48 PM
Racer

LEO

TL. TL-S. CL an CL-S share the engine compratent.. So, I guess your Cold Air Box would fit perfectly.

As for the Short Air Ram, your intake, it would be different as the the Type-s has a different Intake hoses (1 More hose, I guess )
Old 01-31-2002, 01:52 PM
Drifting

The other intakes are interchangeable , so there is a good chance it might fit. Please keep us TypeS owners in the loop, as I woudl definitely be interested in an ECU upgrade.

We would be doing initial testing next week now.. the car that we were going to use is not avail now.. which is a TL.. Not TL-S..

If you buy the ECu now, and when we have another Program for the Rick Case Manifold, we will offer the Program upgrade for only $50.00... We have to pay for our dyno time.. The ECu will come with a Bypass Plug which you can easily just unplug the ecu off the harness it comes with and replace the ecu with this bypass plug to set the wires back to stock..

Im just wondering if the CL-S airbox would fit a TL or a TL-S..
Old 01-31-2002, 02:07 PM

I have a guy coming in now to check fittment on the Tl and see if the COld airbox will fit.. If so I'll do a group discount for you guys..

LEo..

As far as our intakes we already have the pipes.. Im just talking about the Airbox..

Dyno of the Airbox only..

http://www.weapon-r.com/images/ACURACLAIRBOXBANNER.gif
Old 01-31-2002, 02:49 PM
OG

I have a guy coming in now to check fittment on the Tl and see if the COld airbox will fit.. If so I'll do a group discount for you guys..

LEo..

As far as our intakes we already have the pipes.. Im just talking about the Airbox..

Dyno of the Airbox only..

http://www.weapon-r.com/images/ACURACLAIRBOXBANNER.gif
If that guy does not show up, let me know and I can swing up with my TL. I already have your intake so it shouldn't take that long.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:56 PM

If you wanna come by.. come on down. You know we always welcome you.. I'll be here till 5:00.. After that were doing an Airbox and ECu for the Maxima..

LEO..

Maybe if you like it you can buy the Airbox today.. ahaha
Old 01-31-2002, 02:58 PM
Instructor

wow..

Leo,

How was that CL putting 227 down on the ground? That's quite alot.... did it have headers already?

Btw, I am already using an AEM CAI... (unfortunately) but don't want to spend the money purchasing another intake and lose money trying to resale. Will the ECU be compatible with the amount of air being taken in by the AEM?

Also, I am wondering if the results you've attained with the ECU can be equally attained by using an Apex'i V-AFC?

Thanks again.

Time to start saving money.
Old 01-31-2002, 03:06 PM

Re: wow..

Originally posted by jyang411
Leo,

How was that CL putting 227 down on the ground? That's quite alot.... did it have headers already?

Btw, I am already using an AEM CAI... (unfortunately) but don't want to spend the money purchasing another intake and lose money trying to resale. Will the ECU be compatible with the amount of air being taken in by the AEM?

Also, I am wondering if the results you've attained with the ECU can be equally attained by using an Apex'i V-AFC?

Thanks again.

Time to start saving money.
Actually that car has our intake and Cold Airbox, with stock exhaust and Comptech headers..

You can always cut your AEM like everyone else that got the BYpass valve and just use our filter.. It flows alot better and protects alot better than the AEM K&N style filter.

http://www.weapon-r.com/filterfact.html

Just some info for you guys..
ALso for some info on our ECu's
go to
www.weapon-r.com/ecu.html

LEO

Also i found a CL-S Candidate.. I guess im going to be busy dyno testing tommorow.. I gotta dyno tune 4 cars tommorrow..
Old 01-31-2002, 04:42 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: wow..

The more you dyno, the better off we are

Actually that car has our intake and Cold Airbox, with stock exhaust and Comptech headers..

You can always cut your AEM like everyone else that got the BYpass valve and just use our filter.. It flows alot better and protects alot better than the AEM K&N style filter.

http://www.weapon-r.com/filterfact.html

Just some info for you guys..
ALso for some info on our ECu's
go to
www.weapon-r.com/ecu.html

LEO

Also i found a CL-S Candidate.. I guess im going to be busy dyno testing tommorow.. I gotta dyno tune 4 cars tommorrow..
Old 01-31-2002, 05:22 PM
Banned

WR LEO:
"For one.. Most people with $30,000 + cars don't like to fiddle with their cars like the Rice Boys.. Take Brabus for example.. They only have a Software download into your ECU.. After that your done..
Unless your a super tuner and are always fiddling with your car as far as addon's... i don't recommend allow people tuning theri cars by them selves.. I have seen many people actually ending up messing up their cars and making the performance worse with units such as the S-AFC due to not knowing how to tune the car.. "

Well, I wouldn't call it fiddling really...I mean the fact that we're racing our $30,000 cars...and the fact that I already have OBDII built into the full computer and quite a few other diagnostics...it's not difficult to change it around. Two other things to think about...

1) What about different setups for us to have racing setups, with richer fuel/air, VTEC lowered, timing, etc...as well as stop and go driving setups and highway setups for the best setup for each.

2) What about people who don't want to bring it in every single time they add another mod...because for any real ECU, it has to be reprogrammed for performance mods.

I know #2 would be especially annoying and costly. That's how it usually is on those type of piggyback ECUs. And you don't have to be a Rice Boy to edit your ECU settings...maybe you're just, I dunno, a computer engineer, or a racer, or both

Not trying to shoot you down, just point some things out. Glad to hear though that you're making an ECU setup and intake for our cars.

Austin519
Old 01-31-2002, 10:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

damn... leo, you need some volunteer tls coming in?
Old 02-01-2002, 04:40 PM
4dr & I like it that way

Leo how come your site says for "2000 and up" for the TL? This ecu won't work for 1999's?
Old 02-02-2002, 12:59 PM
Advanced

Re: Weapon*R ECU & Intake Package .

We at Weapon*R are making a Cold Air Box and An ECU upgrade for the TL and TL-S..

We should be dyno testing the ECU and Airbox On Friday..
I will post the results then..

www.weapon-r.com

Leo
So how we lookin ?
Old 02-02-2002, 01:40 PM

Re: Re: Weapon*R ECU & Intake Package .

Originally posted by jimagain

So how we lookin ?
We looking pretty good.. I got the Wiring Diagram down for the CL-S whihc is the Same as the TL-S.. I'll be dyno testing it on Wednesday.. I could'nt do all 4 cars on Friday.

Quick Reply: Weapon*R ECU & Intake Package .