Waxing questions, got a couple

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Waxing questions, got a couple

1) So I'm slowly running out of my maguire's 3 step process cleaner, polisher and wax, and I've been browsing around the internet for a replacement to it. I liked the shine that it left, but I know that it could have been better, and it sure as hell should have lasted longer. So I've decided I want to try something different.

I was looking on a couple websites where they recommend the Mother's pre-wax cleaner, then the sealer and glazer, and finally the natural pure carnauba wax. Has anyone had experience with this? What were the results? good or bad?

Then I remembered some guys using Zaino on this site, and totally swearing by it. I checked out their website, and this stuff ain't cheap, but good god they stand behind their product. So I'm more leaning towards that product since I want my car to look amazing when spring comes arounds.

I'm just inquiring early about this because I want my car to look amazing for when spring rolls in.

What do you guys think??? Any suggestions of other waxes are welcomed.

thanks guy!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 01:18 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of the users on this board prefer Zaino products over the other brands. I haven't had the opportunity to try it out, but I hear that it's supposed to bring out the best in your car.

From my personal point of view, the price that you pay for it doesn't justify at all. I just use the Meguire's Gold Glass (or Gold Class, forget which hehh). It's cheap, it's pretty good.

You don't need to achieve the "ultimate shine" because I feel as long as the car is waxed it is still good.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Pro

Go to search, plug in Car Wax!
You`ll get more information that way!
Good Luck!
Old 10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Also a search on Zaino will come up with a lot. Zaino is really durable, but might not give you a shine or wet look as much as a true carnuba. Some say it gives a "plastic" look to it.

As far as the price, yes, it's a lot of money to drop at one time, but it lasts a really long time. I am able to get a full coat on the car with a 1/2 ounce. Both my Z2 and Z5 bottles are still about 70% full. They were bought earlier this year and I anticipate will easily last me another year from now.

The ZFX is the killer in the beginning. When you get it, you're like "WTF is this ?!?!" and the bottle is not full. However, it also lasts and you'll realize that the $20 over time is nothing.

So, reading your other posts and your willingness to take care of your car, I think Zaino is something for you to consider. And if you're thinking about it for next spring, then you're the type of person to be a Zaino user. Prep is the key.

Here's what I did not to long ago...
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...ighlight=zaino
Old 10-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Racer

I use and reccommend

Platinum Ulitmate Paint Protection (UPP) combined with Klasse AIO or using the Platinum Paint Cleaner -

Less expensive than Zaino, less complicated to apply (no mixing of different fluids) -

Paint Pre cleaner is 7.45, UPP is 11.20

if you want to go the Klasse AIO/UPP route - Klasse is a little more expensive at 22.95. In my opinion gives the ulitmate shine, paint feels slick as snot. With UPP you can layer (more than one coat with the concensus being that three coats is the sweet spot).

Most people say UPP gives better shine than Zaino as one coat of UPP looks like three of Zaino

If your really into Bling Bling after your three coats of UPP you can layer pure Carnuba on top of it for true brilliance (I use trade secret - but it;s $$$ too) -

you can get it here
http://www.premiumautocare.com/index.html
Old 10-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Burning Brakes

paint feels slick as snot
What,...no marble ? LMAO !!
Yes, PUPP and Klasse are also great products.....still not leaving the Zaino cult yet. :p
I have some Klasse AIO and SG in my collection which I hope to use on a 97 purple neglected corolla.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Racer

heh

Not bagging on Zaino - I have never used it but from other detailing sites I have seen UPP gets a "good as or better" nod
Old 10-21-2003, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

I know you're not, your just a PUPP fan And your pics show it
I will have to try it next year for the sake of science. You ever try Blackfire ? Sounded like a big rave in the beginning but haven't heard much as of late.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Racer

heh

those pics are with Cherry Wet Wax another great product but no where near UPP- I am getting my car repainted to repair the acid rain damage done to it before I got it (stoopid dealer)- once I get it repainted I will UPP it all over again - three coats and then post the bling bling pics
Old 10-21-2003, 10:46 AM
Racer

duh

nevermind forgot I put UPP pics up there - hehe - well once I get it back I will put up the pics of my repainted car with

Klasse AIO
UPP - Three Coats
Trade Secret - Two coats

bling bling - all around