Watch out for your TLs in the NE area

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 08:51 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Watch out for your TLs in the NE area

I saw on the news last night that a few people (teens I believe) got arrested at Sunnyside Acura in NH for trying to steal parts from the new cars. Not too much details but I guess they might be trying to steal the HID and emblems maybe. The news said that this group might be related to other incidents. Just giving you guys the heads up around here in the NE area.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:56 AM
Pro

great
friggin LOSERS. If I caught anyone at my house or near my car, I would beat the fvck out of them with the bat in my trunk.

Why are there people that are such losers? I was hoping that this wouldn't spread to here. Maybe it won't affect mid-Mass. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:59 AM
Pro

Has anyone heard of either Honda/Acura or dealers coming up with something (alarm sensors, for example) that would add to the factory alarm for this headlight issue? It would seem a great opportunity for them to generate additional revenue, while improving customer relations.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:03 AM
Pro

Darla,

Unfortunatley, I have heard of no such "fix." The problem is in the fundamental design of the front end. Without giving the exact way to do it, let's just say that it can be done in less than 5 minutes, and no the alarm wont sound.

It is so simple to do, but VERY expensive to repair afterwards. The best thing to do is to BE CAREFUL of where and how you park. (and as I mentioned earlier, carry a bat )
Old 07-26-2001, 09:39 AM
Pro

Smile

Originally posted by TLwiz
Darla,

Unfortunatley, I have heard of no such "fix." The problem is in the fundamental design of the front end. Without giving the exact way to do it, let's just say that it can be done in less than 5 minutes, and no the alarm wont sound.

It is so simple to do, but VERY expensive to repair afterwards. The best thing to do is to BE CAREFUL of where and how you park. (and as I mentioned earlier, carry a bat )
Diplomacy

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president.

Abject apologies; I couldn't resist!

Was Teddy speaking of HIDs???
Old 07-26-2001, 09:46 AM
Instructor

Man, that sucks! I don't know if my aftermarket alarm would go off if someone jumped on the front bumper....I have a shock sensor and glass sensor inside the car. I guess I could duplicate it by hitting the front bumper to see if the alarm goes off....I'll have to try that today....I could try and adjust the sensitivity up a bit....I know the glass sensor goes off if you jingle keys against any of the glass on the car! Do the thieves have to jump on the bumper to break it off the clips??
Old 07-26-2001, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Angry

Who the hell would have thought that we would have to worry about headlight's!!!! I'm not sure of shock sensor's added to the factory alarm is capable of this ( I think so) but I'm having a aftermarket alarm installed as I'm writing this and believe it or not I'm having individual shock sensor's attached to each headlight. Pretty ridiculous but I figure it's better than nothing. More deterrent we have the better. I'm still thinking of more trick's to protect the headlight's, but some idea's would wind up having the thief sue me for personnal injury!!
Old 07-26-2001, 12:16 PM
Racer

Re: Watch out for your TLs in the NE area

Originally posted by c fut long
I saw on the news last night that a few people (teens I believe) got arrested at Sunnyside Acura in NH for trying to steal parts from the new cars. Not too much details but I guess they might be trying to steal the HID and emblems maybe. The news said that this group might be related to other incidents. Just giving you guys the heads up around here in the NE area.
That is where I bought my TL, however I live in the Boston area. I hope it doesn't spread down here. I heard of this also happening in Texas and New York. One of the dealerships in Texas has an armed guard now with a gun with orders to shoot any trespassers.
Old 07-26-2001, 01:15 PM
Instructor

That's the same place I bought my TL also

At the time every dealer around Boston would not give any discount more than $800 off sticker so I went up to NH for my TL. It was a smaller place but got the car and price I wanted. There weren't too many 2000 TL left on the lots. The 2001 were coming in like two-three weeks and the dealers were still trying to squeeze all they can with the 2000 leftovers. Give me a break...

The first week I got my TL the aftermarket alarm/auto starter went right into my car. A peace of mind and love the auto starter. That thing comes in handy for the sumer and winter time. Never have another car without one. If you don't have an auto starter yet then you should get one.

Hope all this thefts would not affect us Acura owners in Mass. Hate to have our cars vandalized by some punk. It is sad to hear about all the new cars getting hit.