Warranty Issue... Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Warranty Issue... Advice needed

Ok, so I purchased a 2003 Acura TL from Joe Myers Toyota about 3 months ago. Along with it, I purchased a warranty through them just to be on the safe side. My a/c went out the other day because there was a wire shortage and my blower motor went out. When I purchased the warranty the salesman said specifically, "You know you might as well get the warranty just in case you have ANY PROBLEMS with ANYTHING like if your AIR CONDITIONER goes go out."

So remembering what he said I take my car to John Eagle Acura, show them my proof that I had purchased a warranty so on so on... They call me today and tell me that the blower motor is not one of the pieces covered in the a/c section of the warranty. So obviously I was pretty pissed off. So I called the warranty people (MPP) and they refused to help me. Then I called Joe Myers Custumer Relations, and they told me to come in later to talk to whoever sold me the warranty and to see what he can do.

Has something like this happened to any of you before? If so, how did you take care of it? Did you get your problem resolved? Is it possible to purchase a warranty through Acura or can I only do that when I purchase the vehicle? I'm going in there after work to complain, I'm not sure how far that will get me though... Any input is appreciated.

p.s. before I get flamed for this, I did read the warranty before hand. I'm just not a mechanic and I don't know everything about cars. Really, I dont' know what a blower motor does, except that if it isn't fuctioning I don't get a/c...
Old 10-19-2005, 03:17 PM
I=X - optomos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Worst place to buy a extended warranty from is through the dealer, according to consumer reports. There are some extended warranty companies that are online & have excelent coverage and price. I will have to look them up when I get home if you want the names.

Other then that, just try to work with the dealership that you bought it from. What package level did you buy? Silver, Gold, Platinum?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many miles do you have on your car? If is less then 50K you are still under Acura Warranty. I'll bring it back to Acura if that's the case
Old 10-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by optomos
Worst place to buy a extended warranty from is through the dealer, according to consumer reports. There are some extended warranty companies that are online & have excelent coverage and price. I will have to look them up when I get home if you want the names.

Other then that, just try to work with the dealership that you bought it from. What package level did you buy? Silver, Gold, Platinum?
I bought the silver level (only bronze, silve, and gold), but I read the gold package and the blower motor wasn't covered in that either so I would have been fucked either way...

Originally Posted by pdprich
How many miles do you have on your car? If is less then 50K you are still under Acura Warranty. I'll bring it back to Acura if that's the case
Ehhh I bought it w/ just over 50,000 miles...
Old 10-19-2005, 03:55 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ah, i see you got ripped too (as did i). i bought the extended warranty from the dealer and then was told by the service manager it couldn't be used for any of my problems. fuckers.

SSTS
Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM
TL = Tranny Lubrication

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
issues with the extended warranty seem to come up time to time - items that sales people say is covered when it's not - FOR others - read the list prior to purchasing it - for mikedo, I would suggest going back to the salesperson and press him on his "sales-pitch" to you and generally make a fuss if he doesn't attend to your needs - I have done this in the past and the work was eventually covered. Just remember to be polite - when the time comes to get upset you can, but the generally doesn't help anything....
Old 10-19-2005, 08:53 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Goodwill? A wire shortage at just a little over 50k is inexcusable. I've got wires shorting out in my car, too. The A/C compressor sounds rough and the fuse for the windows keeps blowing.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:49 AM
RickRoush03

a few things:

what the salesguy says, and whats actually written in the warranty is 2 different things, they'll tell you about anything to get the sale, he'd have to work with the warranty co. to cover his ass for his apparent mistake.

on the warranty card, brochure, whatever is saying is covered for the level of service you have, what does it say about the a/c, just that, "air conditioning system" or something more specific like compressor, or a/c lines?

remember, the more vague the terminonology in the brochure, the more it is open for interuptation. go ahead and if it comes down to it, if you have a lawyer buddy, see what he/she says, and if they are on your side, you can say, well my lawyer read this and says it should be covered. they won't want to hear that. plus, you can contact the better business bureau etc. don't give up. and make sure everything you get is in writing, setting up the appt, what they are doing, etc.

make a shout out on this board, there has to be a lawyer somewhere, just like is there a dr. in the house, always one!!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
You have me worried... I bought the extended warranty from Acura... Their "AcuraCare" warranty...

They claim that it duplicates the factory warranty coverage...and extends it to the contractual term...

I think the only thing that is not covered is diagnosis... With the factory warranty you can bring it in with "something that sounds funny", and they will investigate it...

With the extended warranty, I think it just covers parts and labor for a known issue... If it's not known, and it takes 10 hours to isolate...I am not sure they will pay for that initial 10 hours of labor...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:55 AM
2nd Gear

Should I buy the AcuraCare Warranty

I just bought a Tl 2003 that is still covered under the original warranty (has 44K, and in services for a little over 3 years). Because of some of the tranny issues and all the electronics in the car, I thought I would play it safe and buy the additional 4 year/48,000 AcuraCare warranty. I would a place online that sells it for about $500 less than my dealer. Has anyone had experience with it? Is it worth it?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:31 AM
~HondaF1~

Received 109 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by wrenhill
Should I buy the AcuraCare Warranty? Has anyone had experience with it? Is it worth it?
Yes, you should (only AcuraCare). I have the 5/100k AcuraCare. Yes, it saves you $.

P.S. They now have 8/120k
Old 10-21-2005, 10:26 AM
2nd Gear

R J Poseidon 6, thanks for the advice. I was only looking at the AcuraCare warranty (and not the warranty the car dealer wanted to sell me). I'll shop around for the 8 year/120K.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Dang, they have an 8/120K now?

I don't drive a lot of miles these days, so I got the 7/75K... I would have loved to have been able to pick up an additional year of coverage... Oh well...
Old 10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Instructor

Never EVER buy a 3rd party extended warranty. They aren't worth the paper they are printed on.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:10 PM
IDontRideFastIJustFlyLow

anybody knows any trust worthy online place where i can buy warranty 8/120K
Old 10-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Never bought one never needed one 191k

But like the others said. Never buy a 3rd party warranty. they dont cover crap, and if you have any mods to ur car they try to weasel out of paying for the repair