Warning: Nalley Acura has Poor Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning: Nalley Acura has Poor Service

My 02 TL-P has been riddled with little problems and service advisor Ed Wilke has decided that somehow, it all must be my fault. He also talked to me as if I were stupid, something I do not appreciate.

Here are some examples:

1. Bose system intermittent problems.. distorted sound from 3/5 speakers. He tells me it is my cell phone's fault. I test it out, and of course, the system doesn't perform any better with the cell off.

2. Dash warping. He asked me a question where I knew no matter how I answered, I was going to be blamed. He said "Do you treat this dash?" and I knew it didn't matter what I said, so I just told him I did. He said that it was the protectant's fault my dash warped.

3. Noise from front end on highway. He told me my brand new $500 Goodyear Eagle LS Touring tires were "cheap and noisy" and that they were to blame, and of course, he didn't hear anything.

In any event, he did order a new dash and will be replacing that this coming week and afterwards, I am going to write them a nice little letter expressing my dissatisfaction and take it to another Greater Atlanta Acura dealership.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Now, now, everybody is entitled to a bad day...

On a side note, the Rick Case Honda/Acura organization is full steam ahead on a permanent bad day and downward spiral.... What I praised once in the past is now not worth trying to remember 'cause the blood starts to boil.

I despise bad customer service. If the service departments do not do a 180 degree turn for better customer satisfaction soon, they won't be able to ward off the reputation similar to used car salespeople that will begin to follow them shortly.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Advanced

try Ed Voyles Acura off of Peachtree Industrial, I haven't had major issues yet, but they seem to be doing a good job
Old 04-01-2005, 08:17 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

That's where the car originated. I just have a distaste for Ed Voyles anything since they offered $4500 for my 99 Accord EX-L on trade when it was in perfect condition. Ended up getting $8700 for it. I will try them next if Nalley cannot fulfill the ultimatum I give them tomorrow. Fix my sound system, or I'm contacting Acura Corporate about being lied to by your dealership.

I've spoken with a Bose rep who says that the system is definitely not subject to interference by cellular phones. Obviously, since in TLs and CLs I drove it didn't, and mine still sounds horrible even if I have left the cell at home.

This is my major complaint. Above all else, I want the sound system to sound the way it should. The dash will be replaced. But I use the sound system more than anything else in the car, and lately it sounds best if left turned off. They're going to repair it because I'm not taking "No" for an answer. There is no excuse for such in a car of this caliber.

Fighting buyer's remorse.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I ALWAYS go to Acura Carland in Duluth, by Gwinnett Place Mall. However, my long time, favored service advisor Chuck recently quit. I believe he's taking a position at Ed Voyles on Peachtree Industrial. I need to call his cell phone and see whats goin on. But out of every dealer I have ever been to for any car, including high end BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, and even a Bentley dealer in Ft. Lauderdale for service, Acura Carland has been the best.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
I have to agree that Nalley Acura suck...
Old 04-02-2005, 07:36 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wen my cell rings it kinda does fuck with my bose unit
Old 04-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Greenhorn

I once took my 2000 TL-P to Nalley and received terrible customer service, as well. I live about halfway between Atlanta and Chattanooga, TN, so I have the luxury of choosing between the two. So, now I use Pye Acura off Hwy 153 in Chattanooga. I've been dealing with them for about 2 years now and have yet to be disappointed. I was so impressed, I even bought my wife's MDX there without even shopping around. They still did me right. Just my .
Old 04-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Instructor

I bought a CL from Nalley and had excellent service for 6 years. I worked with David Ferree. Try a different service advisor before you change dealerships. I was unsuccessful in getting my tranny replaced at Nalley, it was swapped out at a dealership in Los Angeles, but very happy with them. I am now on my third dealer in LA, trying to get the Nalley service that I am used to.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I=X - optomos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hu, funny. I took mine there just last week to have the front engine mount replaced. My service advisor was Ed wilkey also. They pulled my car in and parked it by the tire machine to replace the mount. While there I was watching them and noticed that the tire mechanic that was mounting some tires decided to lean the tires on my front bumper, which pissed me off :angryfire
After that he came in to tell me that they were through and to offer me the complimentry wash and vacume. when I went to pay he mentioned something about me recieving a survey in the mail in regard to quality of service. But the whole time he seemed very nervous to me...maybe a few people had complained about him.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:32 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Haha I filed two complaints with Acura Client Services against Nalley and Ed himself. But now he has ordered a Bose amp and is beginning to at least take steps to correct the problem with my Bose stereo. But, it was hell trying to get him to concede to a problem existing. He tried denying everything... he got in the car and listened and everything. Only when we compared it to an identical TL did he concede, of course after listening to my CD and the same track on it's stereo.

Before this, they had my TL for a week and I had an 05 TSX loaner. I got it with 396 miles and returned it with 1300. So I had fun with that.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:10 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

I hate to drag this thread back up, but I need some help. My car is back at Nalley (another TSX loaner) because the replacement head unit and Bose amp still hasn't fixed the sound system. Anyway, I recently noticed that since they replaced my dash, the area behind the ridge (right before the dash meets the windshield, around the air vents and climate control sensor) shakes! It bounces up and down fast while I drive on the rougher GA interstates. This was not a problem before the replacement. So Ed Wilkey (stupid bastard) tells me that Acura didn't put clamps on the dash where it meets the windshield, and said it's known as a "Free-floating dash" so that it won't rattle. But that's counter-intuitive... if it can shake, it can rattle. He also told me that the airbag cover was "free-floating" and not attached to the airbag itself (which I called him on) and then that the airbag itself was "free-floating" so he likes the term.

Does anyone have a diagram of the dash and how it comes apart so that I could present it to him. This is totally uncalled for, and I haven't had my TL in a week. This means in the month and a half I've had it, it's spent two weeks at Nalley and only two issues (warped dash and airbag cover) have been resolved.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 PM
The New 3 Series Coupe

I think we should have a thread that is dedicated to warn our members of crappy dealerships (including dealers misconducts and members' experiences).... Very important...IMO
Old 04-28-2005, 11:37 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Yes it is. I am furious with Nalley Acura, yet I can't take my car anywhere else for the dash problem because other dealers won't touch it after Nalley already has.