A very sad moment indeed, lost some friends in the WTC

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2001, 10:27 AM

A very sad moment indeed, lost some friends in the WTC

Having worked in 1 World Trade (the first tower to be hit) for over a year, I feel very deeply about all those involved. I was working for a consulting company there, and although I was not happy with the company, I was going to tough it out for another year, and look for a job right after I got married. Then out of nowhere, my current job offering came up and I took it. I worked with some really nice people. The entire company was young. The owner(s) were young, hip people, and fun to be around. I loved working in that building, I mean the view was phenomenal.
I was friends with a young man named Etnyre (Ed for short), and he was like a brother to me. For a year, we were best of friends, then I left the company. I urged him strongly to do the same, that was not the place for him. He left about 3 months after I did. Etynre left the company and began working for another company,(on the 69th floor) but in the same building.
Ed saw our old co-workers every day.

The company that we worked for last year in 1 WTC was on the 77th floor, exactly where the first plane hit. According to Ed, none of them made it. No one from above the 69th floor made it out of the building. I lost about 20 friends from that company.
His company was the highest floor to evacuate, and nobody from the higher floors was coming down the stairs. About 5 minutes after he got to the ground level, the building collapsed.

My wife works at St. Vincents Hospital (administrative area). All day long, people were coming in, some missing limbs, some who jumped (one fellow jumped from as far as the 40th floor and lived) some on the verge of dieing. She saw two people die yesterday as she was helping them at the curb unloading the injured from the ambulances.
This was the most disturbing thing that I have ever seen. We are living in a truly disturbed time in history. Please pray for all those who have lost loved ones in this horrible tragedy.
Old 09-13-2001, 10:50 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We'll keep your family and your friends in the prayer.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:24 PM
Instructor

I know what you going through. A couple and their young son that I know were in United Flight 175. Was surprised and shock when I got the message. Talk to their nanny and she confirmed it. Woke up the next morning and saw the name of the mother of someone I went to school with. She was on American Flight 11. Just a waste.
Old 09-13-2001, 12:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Unhappy

wow...sorry to hear this, I'm sure there will be many more unpleasent stories like this...
Old 09-13-2001, 12:48 PM
Drifting

Im so sorry to hear that jim. I knew soo many people that were there.. and now they are all gone. Soem were lucky to even have a chance to call their loved onces and tell them they love them. Those people will be forever in our hearts.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

While I didn't have any friends/family involved (other than not being able to fly home due to airline closures), I am a volunteer firefighter and it hits hard when 200 'brothers' are added to the death toll. This is obviously much more personal to you and a lot of others. Everyone involved are in our hearts and prayers.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:26 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
Unreal. It is only now sinking in. We all feel for you and those lost friends.

You have to beleive that there were more hijackings planned, and that the grounding or the airways stopped a few.

This will only hurt more when it really sinks in in a few days.

:-jon
Old 09-13-2001, 02:32 PM
...and then there was One

Our hearts go out to everyone. I do not even know what to say. This is still unbelievable. No matter what is done (and I hope these b*stards get what is coming to them), it will not bring anyone back to us, or relieve the pain. Lives ended needlessly.
I am heartened by how the people of NY are coming together, how all of America is coming together to help all of those affected... By all phone calls that the victims made to their loved ones, knowing they were going to perish.
Old 09-14-2001, 10:07 AM
Racer

Unhappy My deepest sympathies

I think that almost every American is going to be touched by this nightmare.

The cousin of one of my daughter's 1st grade teachers was on the United flight. This teacher's children are both in school with my daughter. The brother of a secretary at my wife's school is a NYC firefighter, and is missing.

I don't expect these will be the only people I will be mourning personally.

Let's all remember what's most important right now. Try to be a little kinder and more forgiving. Work for justice. Work for peace.
Old 09-14-2001, 09:47 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

RUF
Old 09-15-2001, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My heart goes out to all of you who lost loved ones and friends in this horrible act of War.. I know many of you are liberals who didn't support Bush, but I can tell you that once he gets our rag tag military that has been so depleted over the past 8 yrs together he will make an effective response. It seems to me that we need to focus on the real enemy of this world and quit hating the Suv owners, and tobacco users and gun owners and quit hating the oil and energy companies and realize what a threat these terrorists organizations are. Don't be stupid and start trading away our hard fought freedoms with the illusion it will bring peace or security to this nation. Trading freedoms has never bought peace. Ask Israel... Pray for the peace of Jerusleum and the world.