Underbody kit update for Aegean Blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 12:41 PM
MCD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Underbody kit update for Aegean Blue

For all those waiting on their underbody kit for their Aegean blue TL-S's:

My dealer called me today, and he said they received a fax from American Honda stating that parts that are on national backorder (specifically the underbody kit) should be released to the warehouses around May 9th, +/- 5 days. He said based on that, they should be receiving my kit within the next week or two.

Hopefully it comes soon. My car doesn't feel complete!

------------------
2002 Acura TL-S w/ Navi
Aegean Blue
Underbody kit
Spoiler

Former: 1997 Acura Integra GS-R (Pioneer Head Unit, CD-Changer, EQ, Boston Acoustics separates, 2 - JL 12W4s, Kicker & Pioneer Amps)
Old 05-04-2001, 12:55 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by MCD:
For all those waiting on their underbody kit for their Aegean blue TL-S's:

My dealer called me today, and he said they received a fax from American Honda stating that parts that are on national backorder (specifically the underbody kit) should be released to the warehouses around May 9th, +/- 5 days......

I got the same info from my dealer. Hopefully we can be cruisin' in our hooked up Aegeans within few weeks. By the way, how do you wash your Aegean? Handwash, carwash. If handwash, what soap and products do you use. Please be specific, because nobody else is.

------------------
2002 TL-S Aegean Blue Pearl. Underbody Kit, Spoiler

"260 Horsepower of maximum performance. This is BLUE SUNSHINE!" - Thunderkiss '02
Sweet!!!
Old 05-04-2001, 03:09 PM
MCD
Instructor

I handwash my car, using a wash mitt and Meguiar's car wash concentrate. I haven't waxed it yet because I was waiting for my underbody kit to arrive.

I used Mother's car wash concentrate on my Integra. They both work well for me. There's a couple threads on this board that have links to good sites on car cleaning.

Here's a thread with a few links: http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/001160.html

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by MCD on May 04, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 05-04-2001, 09:46 PM
Moo
Pro

Question

How hard is it to install the underbody kits?
Has anyone done this themselves? If so how long is the task and what is the complexity level? Are special tools required? Sorry for all the questions but I was considering on getting one myself.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2001, 10:19 PM
MCD
Instructor

Originally posted by Moo:
How hard is it to install the underbody kits?
Has anyone done this themselves? If so how long is the task and what is the complexity level? Are special tools required? Sorry for all the questions but I was considering on getting one myself.

Thanks in advance.
Moo,
Check out this thread: http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/007518.html

Old 05-04-2001, 11:48 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the kit should come with factory instructions...ask just to be sure that they are included.

honda kit instructions are more accessible on the web though...i have yet to find something similar for acura parts.
Old 05-05-2001, 07:57 AM
Moo
Pro

Kewl...thanks guys!
Old 05-05-2001, 02:39 PM

I actually have more of a question rather than a reply...but I love the Aegean blue and I think it would look damn fine with parchment interior and the underbody kit. My question is, is there a way to get a different colored car say the WDP painted Aegean blue??? How would I go about doing this? How much Would it cost me? What risk am I running? What kind of place should I look for??
Old 05-06-2001, 03:03 AM
Racer

You'll pay a least 3,000 for a good paint job.

You'll have to pull the engine if you want the engine bay painted to match the aegean blue pearl otherwise it will be WDP.

Don't know if that would look right...

I agree with you I would of loved to get the aegean blue with parch. but sadly it only comes in ebony for now.
Old 05-06-2001, 03:20 AM

Do you think its worth doing? Do you know anyone who has done this? Are there any plans to update the color combo's from acura?? I wish the acura plant would take custom orders....Pull the engine??? That just sounds like a heart attack.. Well thanks for your feedback.
Old 05-06-2001, 11:54 PM
Drifting

Lightbulb

i know this is just as outrageous as asking to paint a brand new car another car...but how about getting the abp with ebony and then trading the entire interior with someone that has the parchment but doesn't mind having ebony???

in my opinion, it is better of the two choices in terms of paint durability (and consistency throughout the car).
Old 05-07-2001, 12:14 AM

I know I was thinking that myself... but what about the dashboard and the arm rest?? BLack interior has a black dash and vice versa for the parchment... I don't see why this combo of agean and parchment is not available to me it is the most flattering and luxurious combo.... any more ideas?????Thanks
Old 05-07-2001, 01:36 AM
Drifting

swap those too1

it's gonna be a tough and tedious job but it can be done if you are motivated.
Old 05-07-2001, 03:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Someone here said that the Canadian Aegean Blue comes with the Parchment interior. I am not sure what acuras Canadian webite is but I would check it out if you are soo interested. Maybe you can get one if its true from North of the border.

------------------
Just call me..................Mr Hyde
TL Type-S Moderator

02 Aegean Blue TL Type-S with Navi
Accord Forum Moderator/Honda-Acura.net
96 Sherwood Green Accord EX
Old 05-08-2001, 03:22 AM

Yes..lol..I know I was thinking about a canadian purchase also but......I want the NAV and there are no NAV's in the tl-s in canada...don't know why at all but.!! DO you know if any dealer would swap the interiors for me if i had someone who was willing..also what would be the warranty issues and what risk am I running??? thanks