type s foo

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 02:14 PM

your such a fool, and a racist bastard
Why don't you open your friggin eyes @sshole Azns rule everything and you know it. Just friggin accept it puck.
If that's not a racist statement, I don't know what is.

Old 01-21-2002, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Scorpius you C@cker

Originally posted by willc8
Why should anybody be scared of this sh!thead. because he has an ugly pic of as his avitar.
Shut up n00bie...you don't even know Scorpius. Stop trying to be a hard ass aZN PrIDE gangsta wannabe. Oh yeah,
Old 01-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: no love

Originally posted by allanc45
- Asian anatomy
This is by far my favorite diversion in this thread
- Street grammer vs. grammer used by anyone with a job paying over $15/hour
Grammar! Don't make me add "Spelling" to your list too! :p
Old 01-21-2002, 03:41 PM

I can already see the personal ad:

Short, unattractive male of Asian/Italian descent with a slight lack of genital endowment and inadaquate employment level looking for ANY female, regardless of nationality to ride shotgun as I scour the boulevard looking for potential racing victims. Must be fluent in Ebonics/slang, with a total disregard for English language. I can be reached at www.acura-tl.com, just "holla !"

Old 01-21-2002, 03:49 PM
Banned

Re: Scorpius you C@cker

Why should anybody be scared of this sh!thead. because he has an ugly pic of as his avitar.

Give me a break saying Azn's get no love.

Scorpius you are right when you say itailian gets more love. I am an asian and i give lotta love to itailian women all the time.

Scorpius: your such a fool, and a racist bastard.
Do you hat azn's cuz some azn guy took you girlfriend or your sista.

Muaahaahaha

Why don't you open your friggin eyes @sshole Azns rule everything and you know it. Just friggin accept it puck.

Puck? Hmmm... I don't even play hockey. sista? I thought you were azn? I don't understand... better figure out what you are before you try typing like a 'foo.'
Old 01-21-2002, 04:45 PM
Racer

Angry Street Racing: Death Behind the Wheel

Hey AZN,
I am not going to moralize, but neither am I going to agree with you: when you think you are a great street racer, it's just a matter of time before you have a run-in with the Reaper.
Thirty-two years ago, someone decided to open up his Olds 442 and hit my friend broadside in a 67 Chevy Impala--there was 9 inches from the driver's side to the passenger side. My friend was knocked out of his boots from the impact and nearly every bone in his body was broken. Needless to say, he never saw his 18th birthday--
It's fun to have fun with your car, but when you get carried away, that's what happens: SOMEONE GETS CARRIED AWAY. I only hope some cop gives you a wake up call with a ticket or two to slow you down. It will make a better driver out of you.
Just my .02...
Old 01-21-2002, 07:58 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by TedC
I can already see the personal ad:

Short, unattractive male of Asian/Italian descent with a slight lack of genital endowment and inadaquate employment level looking for ANY female, regardless of nationality to ride shotgun as I scour the boulevard looking for potential racing victims. Must be fluent in Ebonics/slang, with a total disregard for English language. I can be reached at www.acura-tl.com, just "holla !"

I literally laughed out loud in my chair when I read this post. In spite all of the bickering there has got to be some of the funniest people around on this board. Everyone here seems to have a good heart so please don’t take the personal attacks to personally....Yawl be safe ye reckon
Old 01-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Racer

I would never had thought when I bought this car that I would be mingling with these types. I though I would be talking with older gentlemen whom purchased a corp cruiser (these people see these posts and run). This board is worse then the Honda civic sup-up-boards. WHY WHY WHY would you people buy an Acura TL??? You should be driving Civics, or S2000's especially with all of your performance talk.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:44 PM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by y2ks2k
I would never had thought when I bought this car that I would be mingling with these types. I though I would be talking with older gentlemen whom purchased a corp cruiser (these people see these posts and run). This board is worse then the Honda civic sup-up-boards. WHY WHY WHY would you people buy an Acura TL??? You should be driving Civics, or S2000's especially with all of your performance talk.
No kidding. I know exactly how you feel....The aforementioned group of people are the type that give a class of car a bad rap....One of the first comments my colleagues asked me was, "when are you getting the 7" muffler?"

Now they realize that it is actually a classy and somewhat prestigous model of car.

Even the Audi forums were heading in this direction before I sold my A4.
Old 01-22-2002, 04:19 AM
Banned

As I have mentioned many times before...it's people b*tching others out that makes this forum crappy. Either complement the guy because you're of the same racing breed...or just shut up...instead of those that told him to grow up and all that. I think he's probably aware of the safety risks, and of your concerns. I also think that he's not going to listen if you voice them to him over and over (I know I wouldn't). So just leave him alone...or not only will you all sound like a bunch of frail grumpy old men, but you'll also make this forum a place where people don't want to post and share their stories...d@mn.

Austin519
Old 01-22-2002, 08:06 AM

Question

Considering a modded TL-S can barely break the 15 sec 1/4 mile, why is ANYONE racing the car. Just cruise in it and enjoy the ride.

If you love Acura and want to race and have 30k to spend, buy a 1991-1992 NSX.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Considering a modded TL-S can barely break the 15 sec 1/4 mile, why is ANYONE racing the car. Just cruise in it and enjoy the ride.

Hey hey hey take this...
Old 01-22-2002, 11:37 AM
Banned

acutally, all i need is headers, and I will be close to 14.5 times.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:29 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Austin519
As I have mentioned many times before...it's people b*tching others out that makes this forum crappy. Either complement the guy because you're of the same racing breed...or just shut up...instead of those that told him to grow up and all that. I think he's probably aware of the safety risks, and of your concerns. I also think that he's not going to listen if you voice them to him over and over (I know I wouldn't). So just leave him alone...or not only will you all sound like a bunch of frail grumpy old men, but you'll also make this forum a place where people don't want to post and share their stories...d@mn.

Austin519
I'm 28, maybe you'll feel the same way in 8 years or so.
Old 01-22-2002, 08:57 PM
Racer

Maybe, maybe not. . .

Originally posted by y2ks2k

I'm 28, maybe you'll feel the same way in 8 years or so.
I guess we should keep our mouths shut, and let the idiots do their 100-120 mile an hour antics on the road. The question they have to ask is, "What if some @$$hole racing his TL/GT/Civic/Formula/etc. killed my lady, my kid, my mom?" Things change when you see a mangled, lifeless body. For some of you, that may never happen: you will grow up, and realize that you were being a fool, and become a responsible driver. Sure, you'll let it out every now and then, but not so recklessly and not to extremes. For the others, you may find your last view is of a car coming at you at speed, either because YOU lost control or the other guy did.
If you knew you'd be dead tomorrow because that guy next to you revved his motor and you took his challenge, would it be worth it?
AMISH PROVERB: WE GROW TOO SOON OLD AND TOO LATE SCHMART!
Old 01-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Banned

TL-S Man:
My point is not that what he's doing is or is not dangerous, or whether he will or will not kill someone. You can race cautiously...it is possible to race and be careful at the same time. Racing not in traffic and not in neighborhoods or populated areas. Even so that wasn't even my point. My point is that he won't listen to you, so stop clouding the forum with whining. My grandfather was killed in a car accident, my brother almost was, I almost was, and my best friend almost was. The point however is moot. And you'd be surprised about fatal accidents. Most don't occur from high speed racing/driving.

y2ks2k:
I doubt it.

Austin519
Old 01-22-2002, 09:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Whats this forum coming to????????

WATCH THE FLAMES AND PROFANITIES KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread stays open for now, but Im sure it wont be for long.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:35 PM
Acura TLS are SLOW

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
ok guys...lets not fight ne more...we all can be gents ...but if i was driving and minding my own business and some body hit me during a streeet race, ill sure as hell be pissed....ok kids lets keep it off the streets now ...and warm hearted guess on this forum is always welcome
Old 01-22-2002, 09:43 PM
Racer

Wasted words. . .

TL-S Man:
My point is that he won't listen to you, so stop clouding the forum with whining. My grandfather was killed in a car accident, my brother almost was, I almost was, and my best friend almost was

Austin519
Well, you can be excused as you're wet behind the ears--please refer to the Amish Motto once more. Someday you will come to realize that cautioning is not moralizing or whining.

Mr. Hyde, it's been real. Enjoy your rides, gentlemen. Adieu.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Comptech Freak

just to share some of my opinions....

i had the days that azn had when i first got my license...

nth to do on fridays and sat nite...hanging out til 3am with doing nth...went to see street racing....although i never raced...but this is just meaningless to ur life...try to find sth to do to fill up ur life...now i am so happy i am going to fellowhsip every fridya nite...

everything has the OPPORTUNITY COST...u measure the pros and cons for each side and u judge urself...yea...driving fast is fun...i drove fast when i was driving my old car...but have u ever realized or consider what IF a cop caught u or say a car suddenly comes out from the driveway or st? i got caught once for not stopping at the stop sign but he let me go...whoa...close call...my heart stopped for 30s!!! that's 6pts of deduction if i got the ticket!!!

now i still like to driving fast but under safe circumstances...such as wide open hwy at nite alone...on da street is too dangerous
my mom never ***** me for driving 100mph on hwy when i am driving outtown...coz it's wide open...

u can still go enjoy the excitement of driving, but be considerate!!
my immature days are over...hope u guys are over too!!
Old 01-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
Whats this forum coming to????????

WATCH THE FLAMES AND PROFANITIES KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread stays open for now, but Im sure it wont be for long.
Hydes about to regulate!! Word!
Old 01-24-2002, 01:48 AM
Racer

Ok people

My first intention when i posted this thread was to get responses like haaha stupid civic or yeah type S or something along the line or nothing at all. I do not know where all this people talking about stupidity, racism, and other meaningless comments. I am going to continue posting racing stories and other topics that are potential topic most likely to be torched. Its fun reading some of the threads and realizing how dumb people can get. I do not ruin the image of a TPYE s driver or immature because I race. The people that are immature and ruining the image of TYPE s drivers are the one making tasteless comments on the forum. i am sure most of you race your type S because it such a sweet car that you have to let loose once in a while. Or you would not have bought the type S. What you think the S stand for. Definitly does not stand for $hit. Anyways, thanks for few of the feedbacks even though i received none on the orignal post. For those who's comment weren't very lovely, thanks for taking the time to type up your input so you feel more superior and boost up your ego by talking $hit about me or others.

Bg

PS Damn>>> street racing is not as dangerous or bad as msot of you think. Racing is also not a act of immature or have any negative aspect to it. Just a sudden rush of adrenaline some people crave for.

"Don't Mess with the Type S"
Old 01-24-2002, 02:54 AM
Advanced

Re: Re: Re: Re: no love

Originally posted by daverman

This is by far my favorite diversion in this thread

Grammar! Don't make me add "Spelling" to your list too! :p

BAHAHAHAHahahahahah....I've been humbled......touche' :p
Old 01-24-2002, 08:43 AM
Dr. TLS

Haha, thats a good one. Consider this then: a modded ES300 can barely break 16 seconds and the IS300 can (if lucky) barely break 15 seconds. Why, then, do they try to race my Type S and lose every time? It's true that our car is primarily a cruiser, but since its also a sports sedan, I also use it to kick plenty of A$$. And as someone said, all it takes is headers to reach 14's. I wish people would not make stupid and ignorant comments on this forum.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:34 AM

Just an fyi vandy, a modded IS can break 13s, although I'm pretty sure that a modded TLS should have no problem breaking 15, probably even 13 if you have the $$$.

Old 01-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally posted by TedC
Just an fyi vandy, a modded IS can break 13s, although I'm pretty sure that a modded TLS should have no problem breaking 15, probably even 13 if you have the $$$.
An IS can get in the 13's? With what kind of mods?? NOS and turbo?? It would take the same $$$ it would take to get an IS to under 13 as it would a TL-S. Bone stock the TL-S is right there at 15. Just Headers alone can drop it under no problem. Its all about the $$$ for both cars.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Banned

Re: Ok people

Originally posted by AZN G RYDE
. Or you would not have bought the type S. What you think the S stand for. Definitly does not stand for $hit.
If you wanna race why don't you put a fat Type-R sticker on your car. .
Old 01-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Banned

Muaahaaahaaha
That was random
Old 01-24-2002, 08:32 PM
No, you are a dork.

Re: Ok people

Originally posted by AZN G RYDE
My first intention when i posted this thread was to get responses like haaha stupid civic or yeah type S or something along the line or nothing at all. I do not know where all this people talking about stupidity, racism, and other meaningless comments. I am going to continue posting racing stories and other topics that are potential topic most likely to be torched. Its fun reading some of the threads and realizing how dumb people can get. I do not ruin the image of a TPYE s driver or immature because I race. The people that are immature and ruining the image of TYPE s drivers are the one making tasteless comments on the forum. i am sure most of you race your type S because it such a sweet car that you have to let loose once in a while. Or you would not have bought the type S. What you think the S stand for. Definitly does not stand for $hit. Anyways, thanks for few of the feedbacks even though i received none on the orignal post. For those who's comment weren't very lovely, thanks for taking the time to type up your input so you feel more superior and boost up your ego by talking $hit about me or others.

Bg

PS Damn>>> street racing is not as dangerous or bad as msot of you think. Racing is also not a act of immature or have any negative aspect to it. Just a sudden rush of adrenaline some people crave for.

"Don't Mess with the Type S"
I am very impressed with your improvement of the english language to date.. Much better than your first post but still needs alot of work.

Letting it loose once in a while is totally different than street racing. Letting it loose is not dangerous. I let loose tonight getting onto the highway. Top speed, 65mph. Felt good to get into it but i can assure you that in no way, was there any danger involved.

As far as street racing is concerned, keep doing it......your day will come and i feel sorry for your family.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:56 PM
Banned

I dont see why everyone has to make a comment, nothing will change on either side. People will race, and other will complain. Nothing new to that. So why bother to argue? let it go guys.

Old 01-24-2002, 11:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

An IS can get in the 13's? With what kind of mods?? NOS and turbo?? It would take the same $$$ it would take to get an IS to under 13 as it would a TL-S. Bone stock the TL-S is right there at 15. Just Headers alone can drop it under no problem. Its all about the $$$ for both cars.
There are alot of mods that can make a IS go low 13's, like a supra tt engine swap. The IS is like a rich boys Civic....
Old 01-25-2002, 01:23 AM
Down The Of System

Ummmmm, let me think..... It was a civic....... Period.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:28 AM
Banned

Hmm my little 2 cents again...yeah I know most everyone has cooled down but I took the time to read the whole post...and I realized my 2 short little posts didn't do you guys justice, that and daryl decided to talk again:

daryl:
"You know, I have noticed that the entire time I have been a member on this board your english has not gotten one bit better....Why dont you work on that instead of worrying about racing your car. You wont regret it in the long run....It sucks reading your posts and have to translate every phrase."

So what does that have ANYTHING TO DO with anything...BakedWafer you too. NOTHING. Hell his english may be bad but who knows...his spanish/hindi/kanji/swahili is probably 5x better than yours. So SHUT THE F*CK UP about it. Geez...what an absolutely stupid, pointless, crappy thing to say. Do you two make fun of people because they haven't mastered a level7 language? Oh ok I'm sorry...you guys must be geniuses...my bad. Let me go run spell checks on both of you guys for all the threads you posted and see how perfect you are.

Congrats daryl...you get the Official STFU from Austin519...it's hard to earn...but you definitely deserve it.

That said...

BakedWafer:
Although your #2 was retarded...I agree totally with your #1:
"Every time someone posts something, like they will lower their car or get new rims, there is always someone to talk trash about it. Really, if you guys don't have anything good to say just shut your holes and please refrain from talking. Just continue on to the next thread and don't trash the person for what they are doing."

But why you didn't take your own advice before writing #2 I don't really know...

Also...on "As far as me being ignorant for saying all BMW's suck, that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. It is not ignorance for me to say all BMW's suck. Ignorance is defined as Lacking education or knowledge, I base my opinion on BMW, on past service with their cars and their company, therefore I am entitled to it."
It is actually ignorance...you're basing your opinion on BMW, on past service with their cars...but doubtfully a broad range of past service...aka not just yours, or your buddy's. BMW has one of the highest overall ratings of any car out there...customer satisfaction as well as car-specifics. So your opinion, which you are entitled to, is based in a thin amount of experiences, which constitutes a lack of knowledge, which is ignorance...so I suggest what TedC suggests...be more open minded.

Also nice: " I could say this and you could say that. Instead of being immature, I will just end with this." Way to end it by having the last word my friend...maturity at it's best!

Scorpius:
I don't know what to make of you so I won't bother

evolaerok:
Ha...well being a cracka here I won't comment on asian genitalia...but well most of my asian girl friends would tell you something different...maybe you're playing the age old short-kid-feels-taller-in-a-short-crowd thing if ya know what I mean

fahoumh:
It's not really every race story invoking a fight as much as every time someone does anything that anyone on the forum could consider bad, or look down upon it...then it seems the doer always gets flamed. What a stupid forum this will become if people do that. Are you all just middle aged men fed up in your jobs needing a place to vent at people that don't deserve it? Or are you all little kids mad at mommy and daddy and since they bought your new car you'd rather b*tch at forum members? (None of this is to you fahoumh...it's to the idiots in this thread).

allanc45:
"bah he beat me he must have a supercharger or a chip, or he's just some silly rich guy who can afford a [insert favorite production car that can out-run a TL-S]"

Ha ha isn't that the end all excuse "that person had a better tutor" to "that person was richer" to "that person gave head to get that job"...that's how human beings work man . And not all street racing is to be "cool". I don't do it for that. When I all out race, I do it safely, when I feel that everything's set down...taken precautions...no people around...etc. You do have your occasional hot shot that you need to put down...but usually I just let them slide...while I lay back in my comfy tls and watch the cops pull them over...it's not about complete prohibiton...it's about moderation...that's the key.

JetJock:
"Maybe the reason so many people have tranny problems, rattles and other assorted problems with their car is that they are driving like kids. This is a great car but it was designed to be driven, not raced. If you want to race, go buy a race car. This is a sport sedan built to be driven(fast), but was not engineered as a race car. It is a credit to Acura that they honor warranty claims from some of the folks on this board. I'll probally get flamed but I really don't care. Some of you guys are really immature and need to grow up."

Interesting...I thought when I bought a 260HP sport tuned TLS I WAS buying a luxury sports car (if there is such a thing). With the added mods that is what it is. You may want to look into the tranny problem before you say it's the racers...most have not been racers with tranny issues Nice try though. There is a fine line between driven hard, and raced. I would like to consider my car just driven hard...as I don't take it to the tracks every week and 0-100-0...it's no credit to acura that they warranty claims...it's their duty, it's what we signed up for, and it's what we paid $30k for...don't say some crap about "wow I'm proud of Acura". Some people are immature, but it's not just the ones that like to actually exercise their cars...look more to the people that like to exercise their mouths...

TedC:
Personal ad? You are hilarious Enough said about that.

TL-S Man:
Just like with that other post...with this one you're closed minded. Racing safely in moderation...not no racing at all. Good ideas for street racing...roads out in the middle of nowhere that you have scouted already and have friends on either side of the strip you're racing on so there are no cars in the middle...roads on private property (sounds bad but I don't mean breaking in, I mean businesses and the like), personal land...etc. Just think before you drive.

y2ks2k:
"You should be driving Civics, or S2000's especially with all of your performance talk."
Ah you're right...we bought $30k markups of accords (don't even start yes that was an overstatement)...you're right, once you reach the Acura level you should NEVER, EVER mod your car...EVER. Brilliant...absolutely brilliant! "You naughty boys, talking about your 'modifications' and your 'street racing'...why when I was a kid...<walks around on cane, sits in rocking chair>". Whew, and sadly this goes for you too daryl...as you decided to talk again...which was a bad idea of course...I don't think you've noticed...this forum is owned and maintained by a guy that SELLS mods for our cars. Go compare the ration of stock parts/aftermarket parts and we'll see what you get. Hmm...so a forum run by a mod store...whose posters are mostly modders...you guys sure you don't want to just call Acura TLC and have a friendly chat with them about how nice your stock car is...considering this is obviously not the place for you.

Austin519
Old 01-25-2002, 04:28 AM
Advanced

Good Lord.

Some people say, "just my .02"

This was..., "just my life savings" :p

Btw, I just noticed that this thread has about 1600+ reads or so..

AC
Old 01-25-2002, 06:23 AM
Racer

HAHA!!!

Absolutely hilarious! I can't believe I read the whole thread!
Old 01-25-2002, 09:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

No way in hell I'm reading this whole stupid topic, but damn LEX, you're slipping.

There are guys on the CL board who have run anywhere from a 14.5 to 14.9...STOCK, with no tinkering (ie removing seats, stereos, spare tire, etc.). Sure, some are around 15 sec. even, but they're stock too. With headers and an intake we should be mid 14s fairly easily. Considering the TL-S is only about .01 seconds slower, our times would be the same as theirs. You need to get your facts straight. Usually you're pretty good, but that one's way off.....
Old 01-25-2002, 09:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by evolaerok

There are alot of mods that can make a IS go low 13's, like a supra tt engine swap. The IS is like a rich boys Civic....
Dude.. it's not a Civic... it's a Corolla

Actually, I'm just playin'.. I like that car.... it's just that some of the owners are weird....
Old 01-25-2002, 10:37 AM
No, you are a dork.

Either complement the guy because you're of the same racing breed...or just shut up...
Austin519
Why dont you take some of your own advice, cowboy....By the way, you win the STFU award from me and its NOT hard to get.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:46 AM
Advanced

Re: Re: Ok people

Originally posted by daryl.com

I let loose tonight getting onto the highway. Top speed, 65mph. Felt good to get into it but i can assure you that in no way, was there any danger involved.
Are you kidding? 65mph? I fell like a big Wuss for not hitting 100+ yet. There's safe 90 mph driving (clear, well lit, dry road), and there's on the way to Bingo driving.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:52 AM
No, you are a dork.

Re: Re: Re: Ok people

Originally posted by TWong

Are you kidding? 65mph? I fell like a big Wuss for not hitting 100+ yet. There's safe 90 mph driving (clear, well lit, dry road), and there's on the way to Bingo driving.
I have gone alot faster than that, I am just saying that even at 65 it feels pretty good.

Quick Reply: type s foo