type s foo

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 04:56 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool type s foo

its friday night and me and my friends coundn't find a thing to do So we decided to hit the races. We were driving around for like 2 hours. The cops were all over so we jsut decide to head home early. But i was too juiced up to go home so i picked up my car at my friends house and look for cars to race. I saw this civic all fixed up going back my way so i tried to instigate the race. i stayed by his side for like 5-6 blocks. finally he got the point that I wanna race so he revved his piece of $hit and kinda took off. I jsut stepped on it and I was gone. We came to a light VSA off ac off and all windows up. light turn green boom i took off and he once again TRIED to take off all i saw was healights gettin smaller and smaller. it was fun. It was a civic and i KNOW i would have won no matter what but jsut craving for a race.

Bg

"Don't Mess with the Type S"
Old 01-19-2002, 05:08 AM
Advanced

sigh...

sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks this type of behavior is utterly ridiculous. Bah, maybe I'm just uptight and too old to remember my younger tendancies

Or, maybe it's because I own a TL-S and am of Asian descent as well, and hope to god I'm never assumed to be of the same ilk as our illustrious poster here

Well, at least you had fun, got to feel much better about yourself, and you're alive kid. Rock on!
Old 01-19-2002, 08:48 AM
Drifting

I think I've passed the age when I crave to race. At my age I guess my adrenalin is used to fuel other pressing matters (like the need to get my work done before deadline).

I think street racing is dangerous and risky, which is probably why so many "younger" people do it.

I don't know. If you need a regular thrill fix, get a season pass to your local roller coaster park or something.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:17 AM
Advanced

Daverman,

You know, you got a point there bud

I live in Orlando so I goto Disney and Universal all the time! :p

Maybe that placates me and keeps me sane on the road

AC
Old 01-20-2002, 12:47 AM

Grow up foo

AZN G RYDE,

you are such a kid

its friday night and me and my friends coundn't find a thing to do So we decided to hit the races. We were driving around for like 2 hours. The cops were all over so we jsut decide to head home early. But i was too juiced up to go home so i picked up my car at my friends house and look for cars to race. I saw this civic all fixed up going back my way so i tried to instigate the race.

Geez, don't you have a life. U don't have nothing to do on a friday night. U go around driving around for hours trying to instigate a race. Why don't u go meet to a party or meet some girls.

It was a civic and i KNOW i would have won no matter what but jsut craving for a race.
Yeah man, you the man, you got balls picking on a car that is half the price and has half the horse powers than a tl-s. What do you do when a Bimmer rolls up next to you, hide behide your momma.

i tried to instigate the race. i stayed by his side for like 5-6 blocks.

U stay buy another cars side for 5-6 blocks trying to instigate a race.

Lets just say your lucky you don't live in New York, cuz if you would have tried that sh!t here, someone would take out a shotgun and blow you friggin brains out.

You make all tl-s owners look bad.

Old 01-20-2002, 01:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Damn, I say leave him alone. He does his own thing, I do my own thing, and the rest of you do what you do too. If he want's to race then let him, shiat I don't street race anymore, but I still enjoy the culture. Yeah he should take it to the tracks, but let him learn his own lessons. $hit that's how I learned my lesson, when the officer handed me a 18point ticket and $2k fine when I was racing in my type R. Ignore him or something, but don't let this site be a parental guidance for the young... Besides I think alot of us here race every now and then. I don't go looking for a race, but haven't you ever stopped next to a Bimmer where the guy gives you a cocky little "come on you worthless Acura owner" look?!? Of course I'm going to give him a run...
Old 01-20-2002, 03:05 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sheesh...just forget it..let him do his thing...and don't turn this into another flame war! we have plenty of that already..besides....i know alot of you guys race, you guys just don't say it, hehe.....for me....IMO...I race sometimes....but rarely......even if I did...I wouldn't even waste my time and type it up on the board.....i'm only asking for a flame.

and seriously...friday night.....bored...waste the rest of the night looking for a dumb race with a civic?? hehe!!! I rather look for a civic with a chick in it!! but seriously...if I was that bored....I would just go shoot some pool....hang out with friends at those asian centers that are still open late at night....
Old 01-20-2002, 10:48 AM
Advanced

well, this isn't a flame post what-so-ever....but somebody racing on a public street puts my ass in danger...I don't care if he wants to kill himself...but you put me in the mix, or my family, I will follow you until you stop while talking on my cell phone with 911, then fill out my statement as they cuff you....

like you say...you do your thing, i'll do mine....but just remember, there doesn't have to be a cruiser around to get you arrested, it could just be me in my brand new nice type-S.

Peace.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:58 AM
Grand Turismo

Actually

Actually there has to be a officer to actually see the reckless driving, we studied it in Law a few years back. If an officer does not see the particular incident and it is only witnessed by a pedestrian then the officer cannot place anyone under arrest until, atleast one more eyewitness is found. (this DOES NOT count anyone in your vehicle.) So when you do call 911 be sure to have another person with you as your attempt to make a citizens arrest will be futile. Also, I think 911 in reserved for more pressing matters than some a$$hole speeding around in his car. It not for potential emergencies but for actual emergenices, so put that cell phone down for gods sake.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Grand Turismo

Ignorant

If a BMW were to pull up next to you chances are you would beat it. Although, it is a BWM all the 3-series sucks and thats what you would be racing against, most likely.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:04 PM
Banned

Re: Actually

Originally posted by BakedWafer
Actually there has to be a officer to actually see the reckless driving, we studied it in Law a few years back.
Careful. Remember every state is different. While some states require arrestable offenses to occur in the officer's presence, not all do.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:27 PM
Peach Tea

Re: type s foo

Originally posted by AZN G RYDE
...I saw this civic all fixed up going back my way so i tried to instigate the race. i stayed by his side for like 5-6 blocks. finally he got the point that I wanna race so he revved his piece of $hit and kinda took off. I jsut stepped on it and I was gone. We came to a light VSA off ac off and all windows up. light turn green boom i took off and he once again TRIED to take off all i saw was healights gettin smaller and smaller. it was fun. It was a civic and i KNOW i would have won no matter what but jsut craving for a race.
why does it matter if you turn off the ac
BTW
Old 01-20-2002, 12:34 PM
Drifting

Re: Re: type s foo

Originally posted by badazzTL
why does it matter if you turn off the ac
BTW
The AC compressor sucks power away from the wheels.

I believe the TL computer is smart enough to automatically shut off the AC compressor when you floor the pedal, though, so I don't know if this accomplishes anything.
Old 01-20-2002, 01:20 PM
Racer

Originally posted by allanc45
sigh...

sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks this type of behavior is utterly ridiculous. Bah, maybe I'm just uptight and too old to remember my younger tendancies

Or, maybe it's because I own a TL-S and am of Asian descent as well, and hope to god I'm never assumed to be of the same ilk as our illustrious poster here

Well, at least you had fun, got to feel much better about yourself, and you're alive kid. Rock on!
I hear you, I feel the same way about most of the posts on this board. I do my racing at the track.. controlled and safe.
Old 01-20-2002, 02:20 PM
Banned

Re: Grow up foo

Originally posted by willc8
AZN G RYDE,

you are such a kid

its friday night and me and my friends coundn't find a thing to do So we decided to hit the races. We were driving around for like 2 hours. The cops were all over so we jsut decide to head home early. But i was too juiced up to go home so i picked up my car at my friends house and look for cars to race. I saw this civic all fixed up going back my way so i tried to instigate the race.

Geez, don't you have a life. U don't have nothing to do on a friday night. U go around driving around for hours trying to instigate a race. Why don't u go meet to a party or meet some girls.

Girls don't like azns... They like Italians! He won't get laid anytime soon... he knows that. Meeting girls is futile for him. At least he knows his place.
Old 01-20-2002, 02:36 PM
Racer

no love

damn i am feeling less and less love from this forum. What the hell is going on. Doing a little racing get this many people heated. some sayin making the type s look bad and some say girls dont like azns... who are yall to talk $hit like that..Man it was jsut a post to say yea I raced MINE type s even though its against a civic but jsut having fun. Not endanger no bodies life. As yall can see kinda pissed off cause i dont get wassup with the forum... it jsut seems like whatever get posted gets torched by some one else...

SCORPIUS..watch what the hell you say man... you dont know me and $hit so dont fUkin make stupid A$$ commentsl ike that. Dont got $hit with your heritage so dont have $hit with mine.

To the rest of yall: street racing aint as bad or as dangerous as yall think. i might be a kid but i have been racing On and off the track for almost 4 years ever since i got my license. i kno what I am doing unlike most of yall.

Bg
Old 01-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Banned

Re: no love

SCORPIUS..watch what the hell you say man... you dont know me and $hit so dont fUkin make stupid A$$ commentsl ike that. Dont got $hit with your heritage so dont have $hit with mine.

To the rest of yall: street racing aint as bad or as dangerous as yall think. i might be a kid but i have been racing On and off the track for almost 4 years ever since i got my license. i kno what I am doing unlike most of yall.

First off, I wouldn't **** with Scorpius. He scares me . Second, yes, street racing is VERY bad. In Southern California the cops have been cracking down on street racing. Having your car impounded and your license revoked isn't fun, trust me.

Oh, and please stop using 'yall'; it makes you sound like a hick. I'm 16 yet I feel no urge to 'prove myself' by street racing....
Old 01-20-2002, 02:49 PM
Racer

Last night a person just died as a passenger in a suped up Honda civic in Portland. Tehy were street racing and hit a pole strait on.
Old 01-20-2002, 03:32 PM
Banned

Bg
Yall... that's a good one. Well, I fugure you won't get laid anytime soon so there's no kids in your line. You'll be dead soon anyway so i won't waste my time.
As far as your heritage... I'm just reiterating what another member of the CL board said. Its not my fault the hotties find Italians irresistable! :p
Old 01-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Advanced

Scorpius, if that's a pic of you in your post, I don't think any woman would care if you're Italian or not!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh.... I rest my case. To everyone who says, "let them do their own thing" - remember, we pay for deadbeats, illegal immigrants, and welfare rolls through our taxes, so think about this: besides the obvious risk to other's lives, we're all paying for the drunk drivers and street racers (cars and bikes, there are equal if not millions more egocentric time-bombs in that community, believe me ) through......our INSURANCE PREMIUMS!!

Thanks for some of the more responsible, mature sounding replys folks, it's definately needed methinks

AC
Old 01-20-2002, 04:04 PM
No, you are a dork.

damn i am feeling less and less love from this forum. What the hell is going on. Doing a little racing get this many people heated. some sayin making the type s look bad and some say girls dont like azns... who are yall to talk $hit like that..Man it was jsut a post to say yea I raced MINE type s even though its against a civic but jsut having fun. Not endanger no bodies life. As yall can see kinda pissed off cause i dont get wassup with the forum... it jsut seems like whatever get posted gets torched by some one else...

Bg
You know, I have noticed that the entire time I have been a member on this board your english has not gotten one bit better....Why dont you work on that instead of worrying about racing your car. You wont regret it in the long run....It sucks reading your posts and have to translate every phrase.
Old 01-20-2002, 04:06 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by evolaerok
Damn, I say leave him alone. He does his own thing, I do my own thing, and the rest of you do what you do too. If he want's to race then let him, shiat I don't street race anymore, but I still enjoy the culture. Yeah he should take it to the tracks, but let him learn his own lessons. $hit that's how I learned my lesson, when the officer handed me a 18point ticket and $2k fine when I was racing in my type R. Ignore him or something, but don't let this site be a parental guidance for the young... Besides I think alot of us here race every now and then. I don't go looking for a race, but haven't you ever stopped next to a Bimmer where the guy gives you a cocky little "come on you worthless Acura owner" look?!? Of course I'm going to give him a run...

$2000.00? *OUCH* Sorry man

AC
Old 01-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Racer

Re: Re: no love

Originally posted by daryl.com

You know, I have noticed that the entire time I have been a member on this board your english has not gotten one bit better....Why dont you work on that instead of worrying about racing your car. You wont regret it in the long run....It sucks reading your posts and have to translate every phrase.
I have always felt their should be 2 medums to post here, one for mature owners and one for well immature owners.
Old 01-20-2002, 05:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Grow up foo

Originally posted by Scorpius

Girls don't like azns... They like Italians! He won't get laid anytime soon... he knows that. Meeting girls is futile for him. At least he knows his place.
:p Hey my wife is italian and she fell in love with me!:p Girls like Azians too you know! Yeah we're cursed with small penus', but shiat I know how to work it! And don't any of you azian fools deny it either!:p
Old 01-20-2002, 05:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by allanc45

$2000.00? *OUCH* Sorry man

AC
Yeah and jail time, oh and suspended license!
Old 01-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Dr. TLS

Re: Re: Re: Grow up foo

Yeah we're cursed with small penus', but shiat I know how to work it! And don't any of you azian fools deny it either!:p
Damn, I must be blessed or something then. I'm Asian => Indian
Old 01-20-2002, 05:53 PM
No, you are a dork.

Re: Re: Re: Grow up foo

Yeah we're cursed with small penus', but shiat I know how to work it
Why would you TELL people that? Talk about losing that first impression...........
Old 01-20-2002, 05:57 PM
Grand Turismo

Bg
1. I have to say that I do agree the above statement, or at least most of it. This board has turned into a mad house. Every time someone posts something, like they will lower their car or get new rims, there is always someone to talk trash about it. Really, if you guys don't have anything good to say just shut your holes and please refrain from talking. Just continue on to the next thread and don't trash the person for what they are doing. Let people make their cars look horrible if they want to, to each their own.

2. In my opinion, people that do not have a proper grasp of the basic fundamentals of the English language should not be able to drive vehicles at all. Now, you have been racing cars on and off the street for 4 years, so I assume you got started at 16. So you are now 20 and don't even have the basic skill and concepts to write anything proper, please look into that.

3. "i might be a kid but i have been racing On and off the track for almost 4 years ever since i got my license. i kno what I am doing unlike most of yall." This is by far the most ignorant comment I have heard. I don't care how long you think you have been racing. Fact of the matter is you’re ignorant to think nothing can happen to you. Remember Dale Ernhardt, he was invincible to and had a car that was made like a tank, he’s dead. So don’t be the ignorant 12 year old you are acting like and at least make some attempt to become somewhat proficient in the English language.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Re: Re: Grow up foo

Originally posted by daryl.com

Why would you TELL people that? Talk about losing that first impression...........
Calm down daryl, I was just joking around with scorpius' post...
Old 01-20-2002, 07:40 PM
Banned

Yall betta wass out naw, hear? We's gots an azn playa in da houze!
Old 01-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Damn, it's funny how every race story invokes a fight.....
Old 01-20-2002, 11:43 PM
Banned

Ok i have ran into SOME races on the streets, but am i the only one who races from a red light and then only hit 10mph over the speed limit and call it quits? I know its illegal still, but its safer than drving at high speeds, and it gets the point across. IMO All i care about is the 0-55 times on the streets.

Flame me if you want, but thats how i do my races.
Might i add, i may have done a total of 4 or 5 races thats all, and all at late nite.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:34 AM
Advanced

1. I have to say that I do agree the above statement, or at least most of it. This board has turned into a mad house. Every time someone posts something, like they will lower their car or get new rims, there is always someone to talk trash about it. Really, if you guys don't have anything good to say just shut your holes and please refrain from talking. Just continue on to the next thread and don't trash the person for what they are doing. Let people make their cars look horrible if they want to, to each their own.
Hehe, I don't think that anyone is just talking trash or just picking fights for the heck of it.... this is an informative "discussion" about the virtues of street racing...

but somehow, somewhere, it seems it also has become a discussion on:

- Asian anatomy

- Ugly Italians

- Street grammer vs. grammer used by anyone with a job paying over $15/hour

- Dale Earnhart?

Personally, I don't have problems with people who modify their cars/stereos, etc....but when people get so wrapped up and behave as if their CAR *defines* them and is the sole embodiment of their ego (i.e. "ooH I beat him, I'm awesome, everyone worship my car, my TYPE-S blah blah" to "bah he beat me he must have a supercharger or a chip, or he's just some silly rich guy who can afford a [insert favorite production car that can out-run a TL-S]")...

...it just seems immature and makes a pointless hazard for the rest of us. Drivers in central Florida are bad enough as is...the less rap-star-wannabe's street racing, the better IMHO

AC
Old 01-21-2002, 08:40 AM
Banned

Fact of the matter is you’re ignorant to think nothing can happen to you. Remember Dale Earnhardt, he was invincible too and had a car that was made like a tank, he’s dead.
Good point. No matter how safe and in control you may *think* you are, there are variables that are always beyond your control.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:09 AM
Drifting

One of my co-workers was looking over my shoulder and commented that the people on this board all sound like they are teenagers in high school. Now there is nothing wrong with being a teenager or in high school but we all have to grow up someday. Maybe the reason so many people have tranny problems, rattles and other assorted problems with their car is that they are driving like kids. This is a great car but it was designed to be driven, not raced. If you want to race, go buy a race car. This is a sport sedan built to be driven(fast), but was not engineered as a race car. It is a credit to Acura that they honor warranty claims from some of the folks on this board. I'll probally get flamed but I really don't care. Some of you guys are really immature and need to grow up. Enjoy the car for what it is (A SPORT SEDAN). If you want to race build a race car and go race it. Hopefully on the race track.
Old 01-21-2002, 10:24 AM

If a BMW were to pull up next to you chances are you would beat it. Although, it is a BWM all the 3-series sucks and thats what you would be racing against, most likely.
Baked, you're entitled to your opinion, but what kills me is you then tell someone else that their quote is ignorant ("...raced for 4 years.."). What do you think would happen if I said all TL/TLS suck ? Sounds pretty immature and not rooted in fact, I'd be just asking to be flamed. So you think an M3 sucks too ? And further consider that a 330 is literally as fast, if not in some instances (330Xi) possibly faster than a TLS, your statement opens up a can of worms. Many people on this board consider a 3 when shopping for an entry-level lux sedan, and honestly you never hear bad talk about build quality, interior materials, engine problems, etc. hence the reason they sell about 70,000/yr. Again, you're entitled to an opinion, just be a little more open-minded.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Grand Turismo

BMW

I'm sure many people on this board also looked at BMW's while looking for their final car purchases and thats fine. As far as me being ignorant for saying all BMW's suck, that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. It is not ignorance for me to say all BMW's suck. Ignorance is defined as Lacking education or knowledge, I base my opinion on BMW, on past service with their cars and their company, therefore I am entitled to it. Also, remember that the 330cI and the 330i came out this year and the previous years models are the ones you mostly see and a race between us and them would be not contest.
Old 01-21-2002, 11:35 AM

. As far as me being ignorant for saying all BMW's suck, that is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
Um, didn't I just say that ??
I base my opinion on BMW, on past service with their cars and their company, therefore I am entitled to it.
Well, I've had an Accord and a Legend Coupe that both gave me headaches, so do they suck ? Or is that not ignorant for me to say because I've had experience with owning them ?
. Also, remember that the 330cI and the 330i came out this year and the previous years models are the ones you mostly see and a race between us and them would be not contest.
The 330 came out in Oct. of 2000, and the 328 has almost identical specs 0-60 & 1/4 mile, so I really don't see it being "no contest."
The point I'm making is, if your car caused you problems but yet the company overall is great, why does your personal experience void any further purchases with them regardless ? Acura and BMW both are top-tier car companies, and you'll see plenty of people with problems from both, but that doesn't mean overall they are bad cars. An opinion is just that, but when you outright say "They suck" you should expect others to call you on it regardless.

Old 01-21-2002, 12:05 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by Crzy Acura
Ok i have ran into SOME races on the streets, but am i the only one who races from a red light and then only hit 10mph over the speed limit and call it quits? I know its illegal still, but its safer than drving at high speeds, and it gets the point across. IMO All i care about is the 0-55 times on the streets.

Flame me if you want, but thats how i do my races.
Might i add, i may have done a total of 4 or 5 races thats all, and all at late nite.
What a punk-a$$!

Come to NJ so I can rip you a new hole.

j/k
Old 01-21-2002, 12:12 PM
Grand Turismo

We could

We could go back and forth all day and analyze each others quotes back and forth and I could say this and you could say that. Instead of being immature, I will just end with this.

:o

Quick Reply: type s foo