Tried to Open Console myself

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tried to Open Console myself

Well this weekend, I first wanted to check whether there was an aux plug at the back of my 2003 3.2 TL with Nav or not. Ppl at bestbuy and circuicity said, my car doesn't have one. But guess what there is a 14 pin square plug unused at the back. So I was kinda happy. To find this out i had to take the cup holders, console and all the side panels out. I ordered blitzsafe adapter and also an ipod. But when I went to put the whole thing back...big problem. After putting the A/C control unit, Factory radio and the console...what i found was it was really difficult to put together the Cup holder assembly. since i was trying very hard, i kinda broke few parts and now there are marks everywhere. I can see the gap clearly between consol and cup holder. Can anyone tell me, if I buy one of those cup holders....do they come with the whole assembly(including side edges and doors and all...and how to install them successfully...do i have to take the center arm out also..
Thanks
Old 08-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I think that you can buy all the parts seperately... try www.acuraautomotiveparts.org. They were just lazy or didnt know about the blitzsafe adapter.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Advanced

Does your car have the Bose in-dash 6 cd changer as well? If so, which adapter did you end up buying?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Advanced

yes i have 6 cd changer ...i bought blitzsafe adapter HOn/DMX v.1(14 pin adapter)...and it works fine.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:39 AM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every piece of the center console is sold seperatly... good luck dude... the center console ges togeather in a certin sequence, and very carefully. most times, people try to connect the cup-holder-and-back part of the console to the shift-gate-and-up part, without noticing the A/C conduits under the shift gate have come off their mounts, causing you to have a hell of a time making everything go back togeather... maby you did that, maby not. next time though, keep in mind that if you have to be rough, your doing it wrong... you should never end up with scratches or breaks of anything. ive takin my console apart at least a dozen times, and you would never know it. good luck dude!!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:05 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found that I had to lift the rear part of the console, tilting the console foward helped it go in much easier
Old 08-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Darkshear
Every piece of the center console is sold seperatly... good luck dude... the center console ges togeather in a certin sequence, and very carefully. most times, people try to connect the cup-holder-and-back part of the console to the shift-gate-and-up part, without noticing the A/C conduits under the shift gate have come off their mounts, causing you to have a hell of a time making everything go back togeather... maby you did that, maby not. next time though, keep in mind that if you have to be rough, your doing it wrong... you should never end up with scratches or breaks of anything. ive takin my console apart at least a dozen times, and you would never know it. good luck dude!!!!
Thanks for the tips.
but see the problem i had was...when i removed everything...the toughest part was the cup holder..and the reason was..it has plastics pins from both ends which go underneath the center arm and console area...now how am i supposed to insert cup holder...unless its like one falling on top of other arrangements...now somewhere on this site..i read that you have to take the 4 bolts from the center arm area out..which i didnt...but if i take that off, only the inside of center arm will come out..but the whole plastic sides..inside of driver and passenger seats are still screwd in...and there is no way to take those screws out...can u please explain how did u insert the cup holder...and i tried to call my dealer to get a new cup holder...he said ...whole assembly was $74.00
is this true?
thanks for the help
Anil