Transmission Warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Peace out A-spec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Warrenty

I know this may be put in the wrong place.. my apologies
Anyways last year i went in for the recall and they did the oil jet kit install.
My Transmission died 2 days ago and is at Acura.
Acura wants documentation that i did the transmission flush and they will warrenty it. If not i gotta pay $4100!...
I dont see anywhere in the maintenance schedule that A transmission flush has to be done at 48,000 kms. My car is at 89,000. Also i do most of the servicing myself and i dont have recepits.

Please help me out
Old 01-20-2006, 12:49 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would call acura customer service. What the dealership is trying to do is screw you for the $4000. My tranny died a couple of months after I upgraded from my 99TL to the TL-S. I just brought my TL-S to a dealer I've never been to, and I recieved zero questions about the previous work or records for the car. I do all my work myself or with the two mechanics I use, nothing ever goes through an Acura dealer, I even bought both cars from a friend of mine at a used car dealership, not an Acura dealer. So when my tranny died I called my friend firsst to find out if he had some pull at any acura dealerships I wanted the new TL as a loaner, but he didn't have much help besides telling me which dealer he dealt with recently. So I called Acura Markham and told the service department that my tranny was dead and parked in my driveway, they told me I would have to arrange a tow for it to their dealership, and if it was under warranty I would be rembursed for my tow costs. Once the car got to their dealership it took a day to get the diagnosis, the tranny was dead, what a suprise!! Considering Acura just launched the CSX they have a ton of EL's lying around and that's what they gave me as a loaner. Not bad, I'd buy one for my girlfriend, but I wouldn't consider one for myself, little 1.7L 4 banger. Any way, when I picked up my loaner car the service guy told me "you have headers on that car", "yep" I nodded, "Oh, I wasn't sure if you knew that.." brief pause "ok". That was it, I was conserned he was going to say the headers voided the warranty in some way, but he didn't, just gave me the keys to the EL and of I went.

My car has 80,000km on it, so I have passed the timeframe where I should have had that tranny flush done, but I didn't own the car during that specific milage range, I have no way of knowing if the tranny flush was done or not. Imagine the dealership told me I didn't qualify for the tranny warranty because I couldn't produce proof the car had its tranny flushed at 45,000miles. What if you bought your car used, after the milage for the tranny flush, you don't get the warranty? BullS&%^!!

I would call acura customer service and tell them about this,use me as an example if you want, why does one acura client get shafted while another in the identical situation gets zero questions and all the work done under warranty?
Old 01-20-2006, 12:57 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn!! I didn't even know you were a fellow Toronto TL'er, if you want to chat about this send me a PM or shoot me your number in a PM. I can tell you the guy I delt with at Acura Markham, an Indian man eairly 40's named Richard, decent guy, he made the innoying situation quite painless.

Hell, we could three way Acura customer service and talk to them first hand... best of luck.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Sorry, I don't have the answer for you. If you didn't have the receipts, then try to call Acura Customer Service. What year is your car?

No wonder these acura dealers are called stealerships. They will make up any exuse to rip off your money. Be prepare when they say your engine mounts are broken too. Stuff themself... and they do blow job for free while waiting, hahaha.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura has a known issue on the tranny. The stealer is trying to rape your $4k. I brought mine in when the tranny died and it was no question asked.