TL Withdrawal Syndrome...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 12:42 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy TL Withdrawal Syndrome...

Well, I took my TL to the body shop this morning to get work done on the rear bumber at Los Gatos Acura Body Shop.

They had no loaners.. sucks bigtime...

I had to get a rental. Nasty green Dodge Stratus. The ungly brown interior made me sick! Can't accelerate work jack, bad brakes.. arrrgh... I had to get this one cuz its half the price than what would have been comparable to the TL..

Should be gettin my baby back on Wed or Thur.

So what are the symptoms of TWS??
1. Don't want to drive anywhere
2. Driving too slow
3. Getting pissed off when you can't change the volume or station from the steering wheel
4. Right hand shakes from not SS

------------------
June 10, N. Cali Meet - Click Here

GO !!!

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/phanthavong/mytl.html" TARGET=_blank>
</A>
Vin says 2001, but it's really a 2000 with an upgraded cupholder!!
Old 05-07-2001, 01:12 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Edub-TL:
3. Getting pissed off when you can't change the volume or station from the steering wheel
that upsets me in any car I drive other than the TL.
Old 05-07-2001, 05:23 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm about to take my loaner back this evening - a 2001 2-door Integra GS.

Not to knock the Teg, but it drives like a slow piece of crap compared to my TL. I appreciate my TL even more now for many reasons!

------------------
'01 White Diamond Pearl 3.2TL
-Wing, tint, wood and Whistler
Old 05-07-2001, 05:24 PM
O.G.

I know how you feel. I had to leave my TL overnight for service and I was missing it every second. I got an Integra for a loaner. Those things are so under powered. Of course, the type R is a different story. I also agree on the radio controls on the steering wheel.

------------------
Old 05-07-2001, 05:33 PM
Racer

Angry

Don't feel bad, i still haven't gotten my ride. Its been 3 months. I don't go out anywhere with this cheap integra they gave me. The even sadder part of this story is that i had crashed previously and it was 3 months, two weeks later i crash again.
Old 05-07-2001, 06:12 PM
Instructor

Man, you shouldn't take your car to Los Gatos for body work. From what I hear, they do a pretty crappy job. How'd it turn out for you?

------------------
Dark Emerald Pearl 2000 3.2 TL with Nav, Sebring Mufflers, Sebring Quad Sport Exhaust System, Factory Spoiler, HP Quantum Mirror Tint, 6 Disc Alpine CD changer, 16" 139C Pacer wheels, Yokohama 215/55/16s, PIAA 1700x
------------

Click to visit my updated page with pictures of my TL!
http://www.stanford.edu/~sevan9
Old 05-07-2001, 06:16 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

TLracr,
All they are going to do is replace the rear bumper. I don't think it should be a big deal. Insurance is payin for it anyway.

I hope it turns out ok or I'll be pisssed!!
Old 05-07-2001, 10:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

LOL!!! TWD!! HA!
Old 05-07-2001, 11:31 PM
Instructor

Hang in there Edub. It could be worse. It could be really hot and we could have rolling blackouts too...Oh yeah, it is hot and the power did go out.

No earthquakes though

------------------
Fins^
2002 TL-S w/Navi
Satin Silver
Debadged
Old 05-08-2001, 12:26 AM
Burning Brakes

I understand..I had a Ford Contour for a loaner and it was soo slow and no radio controls on steering wheel...
Old 05-08-2001, 02:56 AM
Pro

Pay them back with some E-brake turns in a parking lot or something.
Old 05-08-2001, 03:29 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

HAHA.. I have been driving the Stratus like it was a video game, 6000rpm just to go 25mph!! I floor it everytime just to get the feeling that the TL has naturally.

Now heres something that happened to me yesterday and today...
I was waling to the car(rental) and this nice looking girl is getting into her car, she happens to be looking my way and of course I have to look back. Then I realize I have to get in this green POS!! Not that I wanna get with her or anything like that..

Just that DAMN, why can't this happen when i have my TL??
You know what I'm talkin about? It's embarrassing
Old 05-10-2001, 01:46 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Exclamation

I finaly got my car back from the shop!!

Can you say... refreshing!! I thought my car had body roll before, but after I drove the stratus around for a few days, my TL feels like a freakin train on rails.

So that means, I am definately getting the springs and sways next. If they feel better to stock as my car does to the rental. I know it will be well worth the money!!

Now to the not so great part, LOS GATOS ACURA BODY SHOP SUCKS PHAT NUTS!!! The work was ok, and I hear the sales and service are pretty good too. The bumber looks good. BUT THE SERVICE AT THE BODY SHOP CAN KISS MY BLEEPIN BLEEP BLEEP!!! NEVER GO THERE!!! My car was done yesterday and they didn't even call me to pick it up. I had to pay an extra day for the rental which I only had to use for 20 min this morning!! F-ing Bastards!

TLracr, you were right bro!! I only went there cuz they were supposed to be lower than other places. They lied to me from what their estimate was and charged me the same thing. AND they didn't even align my muffler correctly. I already sent that dealership a letter complaining about this. F them!!
Old 05-10-2001, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Edub-TL:
Just that DAMN, why can't this happen when i have my TL??
You know what I'm talkin about? It's embarrassing
Haehaehaehaeh i hear ya! I think we all do the same to loaner cars, beat the shit out of them! What are you waiting for, haul your ass to the dealer and install the springs and swaybars already. Not one person complained about it, in fact EVERYONE suggest getting it! Got mine after a month driving. I'm suprised anyone who found this site and knows the effects of springs and swaybars, delayed getting them. I mean how can anyone withstand that excessive amount of body roll, unless you are making a turn at LESS than 5 mph! If i had found this site earlier, I woulda changed it at most 1 week after testing the stock springs and swaybars out.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2TL Silver
Comptech Springs & Swaybars
Old 05-10-2001, 11:12 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

I just noticed that they scratched my left 02 tail light!! OMFG!! I am sooo pissed!! I know that scratch came from them!!

So I got a call back from a manager at the dealer. F-ing Prick.. all he cared about was the amount the work came out to be. Didn't even say anything about the quality of the work. I don't fcking care about the cost of the work, its through the insurance!! I just want that sh!t fixed properly and delivered what was promised!

NEVER EVER GO THERE FOR BODY WORK!!!