TL rusting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 07:28 PM

Post TL rusting?

Took my 2000 TL in to have the squeaky sun roof, squeaky seat belt, and an odd spot located by rubber seal at base of rear window. The spot appeared to be rust. Although the dealer said it was rust residue that was coming from somewhere else.

Was very unhappy with the problem in the first place but even more unhappy with the way I was treated by the service guy. I had made an appointment and when I took it in he said that the wait would by around 4 HOURS just to check it out, not to fix it. When I told him of the sun roof squeak, I mentioned that I believed there was a service bulletin out of it. He said that I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet. Then when I pointed out the spot of rust, he proceeded to tell me that the warranty only covered 'rust through' and that there was not much they could do; but they would look at it. He was just very condesending!!!

After 2 hours, they came back and said that it would take another hour to just fix the sunroof (said it was the first they had done) and reluctantly admitted that there WAS a service bulletin. They couldn't reproduce the seat belt noise and that they would have to send the car to a body shop to have them look at the 'rust'.

Only after this, did they offer us a loaner car and it was not even an acura. I waited for almost 3 hours with my 18 month old daughter and this was the first time they even seemingly considered our convience. Anyway, I'm driving a stripped down Toyota Corolla since Thursday. They said it would hopefully be done this weekend. Right!

Sorry for the long 'vent' post; but I've read the board for a long time (don't post much) and have never read anything about rust problems. Also, I know that the seatbelt squeaking is a known problem; but is there a service bulletin?

Thanks
Old 06-16-2001, 09:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Oh my gosh--please go to another Acura dealership. This is not the norm. No one should be treated like that! Complain to the service manager and go somewhere else! That is just so rude. As far as rust--well that would be very unusual on today's cars. It probably did come from something else but please go somewhere else where your concerns will be treated without the patronizing

------------------
'02 TL-S w/Navi, Black/Ebony, Blackwood trim kit, footwell lighting, Type-S floor mats (soon!).
Old 06-17-2001, 12:14 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sdme: those rust look alike things are not rust. I had them at the base of my rear, the triangle part. They are just powders that looks like rust. I believe they are dusts from service garages. Just take a used tooth brush and gentle scrub. After i cleaned the dust off.... I never saw it again.